Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Getat PVD "Fiddy"

greg_r

Just received this from Tat;

pvdfiddy_071209.jpg

pvd_fiddy_w_081209.jpg

pvdfiddy_250310.jpg

It's a PVD "Fiddy" style PAM homage (47mm) with the standard asian swan-neck 6497, gold hands and superlume.

Although this isn't listed as one of the so-called 'custom built' watches on Getat's site, you can, in fact specify any combination you want. I was semi-tempted to go for the full stealth version with black hands and a black strap, but I figured that the gold hands would make the watch easier to read. I also had the option of sterile or Marina Militaire dial and decided to go for the latter.

My first choice of strap was black, but I mentioned to Tat that if he didn't have that available, the light tan strap he lists would also be fine. The light tan version is the one I ended up with and I'm not sorry - not only is it probably the best strap I've had yet from Getat (and that's saying something - Tat's straps are easily worth the price you pay for the whole watch) the colour is a fairly close match to that of the numerals on the dial (which are an ivory colour) and suits the watch exceptionally well. It's a classy look

As usual, the watch is very well built - easily superior to a similarly-priced rep Fiddy (and that's without taking into account that the strap is at least as good as any $100 aftermarket strap) - and fitted with Tat's usual asian 6497 movement with swan neck. I didn't bother to go for the PVD movement as I kinda like the contrast between black case and silver bridges.

The only thing I can't really comment on yet is the lume. I picked this watch up from the post office on the way to work this morning (they tried to deliver on Saturday when we were out) and I just haven't had the opportunity to check it out properly. However, a brief exposure to light followed by shading the watch in a dark corner of my office suggests that the lume is going to be pretty bright. I'll report back when I've had the chance to wear the thing for a day or so.

Thanks Tat for yet another great watch and strap - I'll be buying again!

oscarmadfish

nice :rofl:

Massimo

I have the same watch with the dark brown strap, which is also excellent by the way. I agree with all your comments, Greg, and the swan neck regulator was a bonus I wasn't expecting.

I got mine on Saturday so had a chance to check the superlume: it's good. It's still dark at 7am here at this time of the year and I could read the time quite clearly from the charge it got wearing it the day before.

greg_r

I'm wearing mine now and the lume looks a little brighter than my PWC Fiddy (which has excellent lume that lasts all night). I'm gonna wear it all day tomorrow, give it a good charge and see how it does :bottle:

10:10 Watch Repair

stoopid prices.

amazing.

mad dawg

Great strap and watch combo. Is that the "wooden" color strap?

I just received a PWC premium fiddy. The Getat has much better lume and the crystal doesn't have the terrible AR blue. Maybe I will combine the best of both watches....standby

greg_r

No, the 'wooden' colour strap is darker - I have one on my 47mm Radiomir:

rad_47_010909.JPG

The one on the fiddy is 'light tan' with black stitching and edges

mad dawg

Thanks Greg.

I was wondering about the black edges, I hadn't noticed black edges on Getat's straps.

Does anyone know how to apply black edges at home?

MD

P_Diddy

is this the same watch for $105?

Getat PVD Fiddy

is superlume standard or optional extra?

nice Im very tempted myself :cry:

I'm wearing mine now and the lume looks a little brighter than my PWC Fiddy (which has excellent lume that lasts all night). I'm gonna wear it all day tomorrow, give it a good charge and see how it does :lol:

greg_r
is this the same watch for $105?

Getat PVD Fiddy

is superlume standard or optional extra?

nice Im very tempted myself :cry:

I'm wearing mine now and the lume looks a little brighter than my PWC Fiddy (which has excellent lume that lasts all night). I'm gonna wear it all day tomorrow, give it a good charge and see how it does :lol:

That's the one. Superlume is optional extra - only about $6 though. You just need to request it and any other customisations (strap etc) on the order page and Tat will get back to you with a price

P_Diddy

have you tried charging your superlume and what does it look like and how long does it last?

is it really super?

trailboss99

What a deal! Damn you get a lot of watch from Tat for the money.

I can feel one of these in my future.

Col.

dingle

No, the 'wooden' colour strap is darker - I have one on my 47mm Radiomir:

rad_47_010909.JPG

The one on the fiddy is 'light tan' with black stitching and edges

G--do you have a sideview pic of the dome?

AllergyDoc

Do you still like this color combination, Greg? Did you ever post a wristie of this watch?

I'm thinking about this with the 44mm sterile dial.

greg_r

Yup - I love it. :fuck:

This is the only wristie I have:

pvd_fiddy_w_081209.jpg

phillyboi682

wow it really looks nice

greg_r

Getat's watches are superb - especially for the low price. The strap alone is worth what the watch cost. You really can't go wrong...

Luthier
Getat's watches are superb - especially for the low price. The strap alone is worth what the watch cost. You really can't go wrong...

Is it available in brushed case/polished bezel combination?

Black cases looks plastic to me...

sconehead

Is it available in brushed case/polished bezel combination?

Black cases looks plastic to me...

Look here Luth, http://www.siswatch727.com/index.do

...only $100...:rolleyes:

Luthier

Thanks, Scone!!!

Bookmarked.

ebzen02

Amazing stuff considering the prizes on these. Thanks for the weblink monkeyman :lol: