Sign in to follow this  
carus007

21J / 25J Help Needed

carus007

Hi guys,

I want to pick your brains,

Right I know the Swiss movements are better and smoother, But are the J21 etc anygood?

Are they worth buying and, Reliability?

Also what's the going rate for a J21 Deepsea dweller with Sapphire glass, Ceramic bezel?

Help me Advise needed

Edited by carus007

gtwc

can't advise on the DSSD (hate 'em)

I have a 21j Chopard GTXL (on my wrist even as I type) from Reg (Narikaa) that

has proven to be one of my faves over the years.

Very reliable, very accurate (to -40 secs a week).

A great buy.

Enjoy this forum.

:giggle:

dalboy

Most 21j 's are fine and like all things there is better bottom line you get what you pay for .

In regards to your DSSD question.!! do some leg work.. :giggle: search button is your friend

Dal.........

scorpion

All my 21j watches are reliable and fairly accurate - my Rolex Sub was not so good and lost 2 mins a day to start with but after a full weeks wearing its settled down and now and loses about 30 secs a week. 21j DSSDs can be had for around £90 to £100 but I dont think these have a ceramic bezel.

Frazzle

I have a 21J DSSD with a ceramic bezel that I bought from a member. I'm wearing it now and love it. To be honest it runs sweet and I've never checked how much time it looses. It certainly doesn't loose any noticeable time. I tend to wear it once or twice a week. The only thing that could be better is the screw on bracelet nearest the clasp that regularly comes loose over time which I will soon loctite. Definitely not a major issue though!

dalboy

I have a 21J DSSD with a ceramic bezel that I bought from a member. I'm wearing it now and love it. To be honest it runs sweet and I've never checked how much time it looses. It certainly doesn't loose any noticeable time. I tend to wear it once or twice a week. The only thing that could be better is the screw on bracelet nearest the clasp that regularly comes loose over time which I will soon loctite. Definitely not a major issue though!

Frazz !!

Where have you been son ??

Dal........

fatarms

Loctite, the tube of blue stuff. $4, put it on the threads of the screw. Screw it into place. You won't have to tighten it again. And if you want to remove the screw, you can. The red tube is the permanent stuff. Don't get that.

Frazzle

Frazz !!

Dal........

I know mate, it's been a while. Lack of funds or more accurately a strong will not to spend money on watches has kept me a way. But I'm back looking for a new acquisition! Good to be back!

dalboy

Frazz !!

Dal........

I know mate, it's been a while. Lack of funds or more accurately a strong will not to spend money on watches has kept me a way. But I'm back looking for a new acquisition! Good to be back!

Good to have you back cockle !!

Dal..