Sign in to follow this  
Abagnale

watch afficionado

Abagnale

hello everybody

in 2000 i bought my first gen breitling navitimer fighters, which i still have. it still looks awesome. after a few trips to thailand i had a very nice collection of rep rolex and panerai watches too. well, one day those reps were stolen from my place. fortunately i had my breitling with me, so damage wasn't really noteworthy. immagine the faces of the thiefs trying to sell those reps ;-)

anyway, i started to collect just gen watches such as pam 111, rolex submariner, longines conquest. i really like the pam 372, so i put myself on the waitinglist.

since i'm really addicted to watches i began research for the real good reps and i found this forum. what can i say, i believe i found the real afficionados of watches. yesterday i bought some bergeon tools, so i can start modding my reps in the future. i'm really into that vintage panerai thing.

i already bought the pam 127 from toro yesterday. still waiting for the qc pictures. i had to wait one full day for the paypal adress. is this the usual procedure?

the next watch will probably be a rolex milgauss gv. any recommendations here? i think most of the reps have issues with the green sapphire glas. i found a lot of reps whit a clear glas which simply fake the color with a green ring around the glas. i would appreciate any advice on this.

cheers

YoungGPS

Welcome and enjoy your hunt with us. I'm not a rollie guy, but I'm sure other members will be able to help you there! :band:

Arism

Hello and welcome :)

In regards to the Milgauss, the reps do have a green ring around the crystal, but they are also coated with green AR; imitates the gen rather nicely, being clear in most lighting conditions and green in others. AFAIK it's pretty hard to get a gen green sapphire crystal, the aftermarket sellers I've seen on ebay are selling the same crystals that are on the reps. Either way, the Milgauss is a great rep and something a little different from say the Submariners and GMTs.

5ab92b45.jpg

0e914cef.jpg

scorpion

Hello and welcome to the nut house, i am sure you will find something here of interest

Pihlippe

Welcome to RWG

Abagnale

Either way, the Milgauss is a great rep and something a little different from say the Submariners and GMTs.

hi arism

thanks for your reply. yes indeed, the milgauss is one my favorites. where did you buy yours? what about the laser crown on the crystal? the gen doesn't have it at all.

rolex had major issues with the green crystal and only 2-3/100 crystal passed their high standards. they mix some chrome inside to achieve the green color and somehow the laser crown destroys the surroundings on the crystal...

cheers

Arism

I got mine from Mary at WatchInternational. It was my first rep and is still running strong to this day.

Just like the gen, the crystal doesn't have the laser etched coronet.

Depending on how much you want to spend, the 21J version is here --> Mary & Rochest's 21j Milgauss

The price might have changed so, you'll need to e-mail them. I'd recommend paying extra for an eta(clone or swiss; whichever you prefer) if you want that super smooth sweep.

Abagnale

thanks for the link. i already checked the one from toro and another from lawrence. which one is the way to go?

cheers

Trolex

Welcome to the nut house!! You sound like you're off to a good start! And yes, your buying experience with toro is right. Remember, its not amazon.com but the services our TDs (trusted dealers) provide are very very good, especially considering the bang for the buck you get with these watches. There can always be unforseen problems that happen, even to the best in the business, but typically they'll set things right for you and that's what sets them apart, and just a part of why they're allowed to be on this site.

J.Eric

Hello and Welcome!