Sign in to follow this  
powderfreak

What would you buy? Vote!

Del

The AP seems the way to go, looks as good as the JLC, has better lume, the cooler bezel and (important for me) the possibility to add a steel bracelet (and not a fugly plastic bracelet).

AP Diver on a bracelet? As camp as a row of tents.

:lol: :P

Baldrick

Here's me 'bought at trade price'....I didn'y pay over the odds...... 'limp' wristy.... ;)

APDIVER13.jpg

Del

Here's me 'bought at trade price'....I didn'y pay over the odds...... 'limp' wristy.... ;)

:rofl:

powderfreak

The AP seems the way to go, looks as good as the JLC, has better lume, the cooler bezel and (important for me) the possibility to add a steel bracelet (and not a fugly plastic bracelet).

AP Diver on a bracelet? As camp as a row of tents.

I see, you are more the "lacquer and leather" type.... :Whistle:

Baldrick
:lol:...pay no attention to Del...he's miffed that his girly wrists can't support the weight of a bracelet and are too small even with ALL the links removed....I'm betting he's a two shandy and Pimms No 1 man at the GAY GLASGOW GET tOGETHER ;):lol:

gB.

as for WP....neither is impossible...the AP has AFAIK already been the subject of WP'ing....and lumed by Kenny.

That's true Baldrick, it was just a feeling but hey, how often am I going to "dive" with my watches anyway - twice a week in the sink :lol: Maybe the maximum pressure shouldn't be my main concern...

Just add to this that the JLC NSD rep has a push/pull crown and not a screw down, so seems it would be harder to truly water proof.

Overall the build quality and feel of the AP Diver rep far surpasses the JLC diver rep IMO. :)

dalboy

308 is just gorgeous ...or the AP..the only two contenders in my book..

Dal.........

Baldrick
Overall the build quality and feel of the AP Diver rep far surpasses the JLC diver rep IMO.

And that's a valued opinion...if I'm not mistaken, you have both....non?

fragzzone

177, JLC, DSSD, happily ever after :)

gB.
Overall the build quality and feel of the AP Diver rep far surpasses the JLC diver rep IMO.

And that's a valued opinion...if I'm not mistaken, you have both....non?

Yep. V3 AP and the new JLC. :)

Baldrick

Even a crappy HTC phone cam...makes the AP look great...it's just so photogenic... :D

CLICK FOR LARGER IMAGE

APDIVERHTCSHOT.jpg

powderfreak

Stop posting those pictures or else I will order what I cannot afford :drool: - yet! Really need to wait until I get my internship salary next month :woo:

Oh and btw I just saw Tonys "crazy sale" and will most likely order that Pam 320 first, just need my brother to get back to me and answer

if he wants the Breitling (I suspect he does ;)), then find someone to reship for me. Volunteers :D?

Baldrick

WTF did a Pam 320 enter the equation....not to mention a Breitling....and WTF is Tony....?

greg_r

All of the above :D

powderfreak

WTF did a Pam 320 enter the equation....not to mention a Breitling....and WTF is Tony....?

Sorry mate :lol:

Have a look here: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=32587&hl=&fromsearch=1

The Pam is just too cheap to not consider buying and the Breitling, well, not for me I think... :)

Baldrick
:lol:...That;s OK then....good sale...and yes..A7750 at those prices is attractive......nothing there for me tho'...I've had all those on offer.... :(

Silverspeed
:lol: thanks to this thread I just ordered a AP Diver..........on a bracelet, no 'limp' wrists here ;)

Baldrick
:lol:...I'm sure you won't be disappointed Silv ( I think from now on I'll call you Silvio...seems appropriate for a Bunga Bunga car saleman )...Silv just seems too.......well....short ;)

Del
:lol:...pay no attention to Del...he's miffed that his girly wrists can't support the weight of a bracelet and are too small even with ALL the links removed....I'm betting he's a two shandy and Pimms No 1 man at the GAY GLASGOW GET tOGETHER ;):lol:

I resent that remark. I never drink shandy and Pimms on the same night! ;)

powderfreak

:lol: thanks to this thread I just ordered a AP Diver..........on a bracelet, no 'limp' wrists here ;)

I'm so sorry :D

Silverspeed

:lol: I've been called lots of names, Silvio is def. not the worst of 'em

Btw....I tried to order the blue dialed PP Nautilus, but it was out of stock....then thought about the AP Royal Oak Jumbo, but the built quality and finish of the current versions are far from good......same story with the IWC Ingy :sad:

powderfreak

Btw....I tried to order the blue dialed PP Nautilus, but it was out of stock....then thought about the AP Royal Oak Jumbo, but the built quality and finish of the current versions are far from good......same story with the IWC Ingy :sad:

I don't have the Royal Oak Jumbo on my list for the exact same reason - lovely watch but imo only the cheapy is worth it's money.

Baldrick

Agreed....the current AP ROJ is a far cry from earlier versions....still a lovely dress watch tho'...my preference over the Nautilus...but that's because I'm not a great fan of galbe or cushion shaped watches !

Baldrick
I resent that remark. I never drink shandy and Pimms on the same night!

Ahh...frightened to let yourself go..huh?...it'll be OK...as long as you resist the urge to jump on the table and give your best flamenco routine ...remember the last GTG... ;)

Silverspeed

Hopefully there will be a good version of the new AP Royal Oak 40th annivesary.........