Sign in to follow this  
AS90

Hi! Just been given a Breitling for Bently...

AS90

At first I thought it was junk and I would never wear it, but once I had a good look at it, I started to like it. Now I have done a little research on replicas and have been bitten by the bug. I like collecting, and have collected airsoft weapons and guitars in the past, cool watches might just be my new thing :)

Can anyone tell me anything about my watch?

83e87b4a.jpg

fe60ced1.jpg

a3daba5d.jpg

ec724ae0.jpg

6df9910d.jpg

greg_r

It's a cheapie fantasy watch powered by a 21J. Chronos and 'tourbillon' are faux. Not worth a lot TBH. I'm trying to be polite about it, but to be honest it don't have a lot going for it.

You're in the right place now, though. Welcome to RWG :D

jeffw69

Welcome!

powderfreak

Welcome!

Have a good read, throw away that fugly POS and order a nice rep ;)

YoungGPS

Welcome and enjoy exploring the rep world! :band:

dalboy

Welcome ...

If you have a passion for watches it can be fuelled here..i agree with Greg.. trying really hard not to rain on your parade!! surfice to say now you can find one that presses all the buttons.

Dal............

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ dobry, and Welcome.

The best advice is to only buy from the Trusted Dealers because they are trusted and they deal in watches!

Whilst its a fantasy model Breitling make a special edition Bentley Mulliner Tourbillon but it is in Gold with a white dial and costs around £100,000!

Yours looks identical to a K+S model I have but with Breitling markings, my K+S was just £25 so yours is probably the same real value but would be sold for more like £60 to £80 as a replica. We all start somewhere and you are now in the best place to start collecting.

AS90

Dont get me wrong, I will never wear it :) I cant even get it to fasten on my wrist as the strap is miles too short, its too big and tacky looking and the date is stuck on the 39th :D However I was expecting utter junk when my friend said he had a watch for me, but I actually quite liked the fact it worked, the second hand sweeps and it was perpetual/kinetic.

I just want to know what type of watch it is, what's inside, what kind of metal is it made from etc. I might strip it down and rebuild it to learn some skills. I will be buying a nice Rolex rep as soon as funds permit!

dalboy

Dont get me wrong, I will never wear it :) I cant even get it to fasten on my wrist as the strap is miles too short, its too big and tacky looking and the date is stuck on the 39th :D However I was expecting utter junk when my friend said he had a watch for me, but I actually quite liked the fact it worked, the second hand sweeps and it was perpetual/kinetic.

I just want to know what type of watch it is, what's inside, what kind of metal is it made from etc. I might strip it down and rebuild it to learn some skills. I will be buying a nice Rolex rep as soon as funds permit!

Day 39th !! you are from planet zod yes .. :giggle:

AS90

Day 39th !! you are from planet zod yes .. :giggle:

Sure am!

scorpion

Asian 21 j auto movement - one of mine has a bad case of rust / de-chroming suggesting its made of cheap metal rather than stainless steel. Yours might be a better metal but I get the feeling a factory just knocks out tons of these at a real cheap rate, some get labelled as K+S and go out on ebay for £20 to £30 and others get a Breitling label and sell for whatever they can get for them - I saw one being sold at $125. Pic shows the problem with rust de-chrome and also the movement most likley in your one.Rusty KS (1).JPG

AS90

Whats the best way to get the back off?

Del

Hello and welcome! :thumbsup2:

esterc

Hi and welcome!

scorpion

I dunno mine has a glass back and lugs so can come off with a standard case remover tool. Yours looks like a Breitling type and for that I am told you need a "Sticky Ball"

You can find them on EBay or maybe the RWG shop. Sure someone else may be able to advise the best way to get it off.

AS90

Thanks guys :)

Although I have never been a big watch guy, I always liked James Bond's Roler as he wore a NATO strap, and as a young Army cadet I always wanted a MWC G10 with a NATO. Screw the G10! Im getting me the Rolex :D

AS90

So what is the best Submariner I can get for around £100?

Fastrack

:giggle:

conx

Hello - Let your madness begin :)

Luthier

Tell the noob, who has the best Sub.

AS90

:giggle:

Words are more helpful than smileys.

Pihlippe

:popcorn:

Welcome to RWG

scorpion

The smiley's are because of the question "what's the best sub" its one asked by so many new members and the answer is we all have different ideas and to work it out you need to read as much as you can on here and make your own decision. Subs can be had from £30 to £350. I have what some here would call a crappy Silix special Sub but i love it and cant fault it at all for the money. If you are like some members wanting everything to be exact then you will end up pay 10X what I did for a watch that to most people looks the same. I even found the tiny laser etched crown on its glass the other day which shows the attention to detail on even the cheap reps is excellent. For £100 you are in a grey area as you will not find anything with a better movement at this price as all will have an Asian 21J movement in them and to step up will be more than that. I suggest you visit some of the TDs and look at what they can offer you, maybe spend a bit more for a better movement or go for a 21j which are usually very reliable and save a few pounds. Or save a lot and get a Silix Special Sub and then by some more reps.

AS90

The smiley's are because of the question "what's the best sub" its one asked by so many new members and the answer is we all have different ideas and to work it out you need to read as much as you can on here and make your own decision. Subs can be had from £30 to £350. I have what some here would call a crappy Silix special Sub but i love it and cant fault it at all for the money. If you are like some members wanting everything to be exact then you will end up pay 10X what I did for a watch that to most people looks the same. I even found the tiny laser etched crown on its glass the other day which shows the attention to detail on even the cheap reps is excellent. For £100 you are in a grey area as you will not find anything with a better movement at this price as all will have an Asian 21J movement in them and to step up will be more than that. I suggest you visit some of the TDs and look at what they can offer you, maybe spend a bit more for a better movement or go for a 21j which are usually very reliable and save a few pounds. Or save a lot and get a Silix Special Sub and then by some more reps.

Hmm, more to think about. What would something like this be like?...

http://www.watch-international.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=42_45&products_id=2566