Sign in to follow this  
AS90

Hi! Just been given a Breitling for Bently...

onionbag

That would be a handsome first purchase, not the best, but it'll look very smart.

AS90
That would be a handsome first purchase, not the best, but it'll look very smart.

Will it be upgradable?

jeffw69
:facepalm:

AS90

Thanks for your help. I'm starting to think this place is full of idiots to be honest.

Leigh

On the plus side you do have some photography skills.

myaz

Welcome.

You have curiosity about watches. This means your questions will generate an endless series of follow up questions.

May I suggest that you first read up on a few topics here, many of which are in the intro section, others being accessible via the search function.

For instance, read this somewhat old thread about DSSDs and you will appreciate what I mean.

http://www.rwgboard.com/board/index.php?showtopic=11218&hl=noob+guide&fromsearch=1

BTW, any watch is upgradable, depends upon what you mean by upgradable, also depends upon your skills and pocketbook.

It would be done for the fun of it because it's typically cheaper to buy what you really want in the first place.

solkryssare

Thanks for your help. I'm starting to think this place is full of idiots to be honest.

First of all. Calling us all idiots is not the right way to go about your introduction.

Second. We are nice guys here. We like to tease and give each other a hard time but it's mostly just for fun and should be taken as such. Stick around and you'll quickly see that. I hope you do mate :)

Crusader

Omg, it's one of those threads that will end up with 17 pages... :facepalm:

Edited by Crusader

AS90

First of all. Calling us all idiots is not the right way to go about your introduction.

Second. We are nice guys here. We like to tease and give each other a hard time but it's mostly just for fun and should be taken as such. Stick around and you'll quickly see that. I hope you do mate :)

I will stick around, but trying to make new members feel embarrassed isn't the best welcome is it?

Cyril_Clunge

The problem is that while your questions are new to you, the members here have heard and answered them many times before. All the answers are here, I read the threads here for three weeks before I even said hello! I still ask questions now and then when im onsidering a purchase because there are many people here who's knowledge and advice I'm very grateful for, but I do my research first.

Make sure you do stick around, the benefits far outweigh any downside. :)

AS90
On the plus side you do have some photography skills.

The iPhone 4S has a nice camera :D

AS90

Just bought a cheap Tag off a forum member to play around with until I decide what to get.

davylloyd

What watch is it supposed to be? Go here http://www.breitlingforbentley.com/en/ to see the real ones, you'll see what's wrong.

What metal is it? My guess would be plated pot-metal.

To get the back off, roll up a ball of gaffer tape, sticky side out, press it hard on the back of the watch and turn it anti-clockwise.

Welcome to here, enjoy :thumbsup2:

scorpion

Huh - I gave you some very comprehensive replies to a multitude of questions but bailed out as one second you want the best sub for £100 then suddenly change it to a PO? Now we are idiots? WTF - in respect of rules and recent newbie bashing I shall refrain from further comment. :sad:

AS90

Huh - I gave you some very comprehensive replies to a multitude of questions but bailed out as one second you want the best sub for £100 then suddenly change it to a PO? Now we are idiots? WTF - in respect of rules and recent newbie bashing I shall refrain from further comment. :sad:

I want both, thanks for your help.

onionbag

Sometimes the humour here is incomprehensible to the new member, please don't take any offence, as none has been intended.

The PO you admired is a nice watch, but sadly not worth 'upgrading', if you want the best then dig deep. failing that, stick around, acquire the necessary skills and build the best. There are many reference threads regarding the modification of the most popular models, this is what people mean when they say "do your homework".

I hope this helps.

AS90

Sure I understand, I will be doing lots of reading, but its nice to discuss things too. :thumbsup: