Sign in to follow this  
Mirage

Big Pilot 5004-02 (Grey Dial)

Mirage

Just received this from Mary and Rochest last Friday. What a great watch! There are a few quality defects, but nothing to be alarmed of for that price range. The watch feels good, the only thing is that I will have to get used to such a big crown on the right. I am used to my u-boats.

Some will say that the lume should be on 3,6,9,12 markers, but the Gen 5004-02 (greay dial) has this exact same configuration.

The strap feels cheap, but is ok for now. I'll take care of that pretty soon.

The movement is not as silent as I would have expected, maybe some clearance issues.

AR is slightly blue and is decent.

So here are the pics: Enjoy!

RPT1200_IWC5004-02_003.jpg

RPT1200_IWC5004-02_004.jpg

RPT1200_IWC5004-02_005.jpg

RPT1200_IWC5004-02_006.jpg

RPT1200_IWC5004-02_007.jpg

RPT1200_IWC5004-02_002.jpg

RPT1200_IWC5004-02_001.jpg

fatarms

That lume is badass.

Mirage

Here is a pic of the Gen Lume for comparison:

Gen5004-02_003.jpg

Balad1

What kind of movement?

HeavyKrush

Great looking watch.

Dendo

I love the BP

Great watch - enjoy..

Mirage

What kind of movement?

They are saying A25J... No clue if it is a clone or else. This one has the FAUX power reserve.

Balad1

Nice!

kid8

Great watch! I keep holding back on getting one of these sand this doesn't help. Enjoy it.

Rav747

Love this watch, but the damn crown kept rubbing into my skin, so i had to let it go :(

Baldrick

Nice watch that, always did like the BPs. it's the date window that kills it for me tho' :D

ath

Very nice, I am really tempted by these ones myself. Price? Working PR is not available?

gB.

SOCK PUPPET....but not for long...your days are numbered Ernie :B):

:lol:

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

YoungGPS

Congrats! Great buy! ^_^

Leigh

lovely watch pal.

Del

Very nice, I am really tempted by these ones myself. Price? Working PR is not available?

I had one with a working PR but greg_r has it now! I've no idea if they are still available though. :dunno:

This one looks great, with very good lume judging by the pics, although the faux PR would kind of annoy me.

Silverspeed

Very nice BP....looks like this is the latest version with the updated lume, dial it self also looks alot better, enjoy!

Mirage

I had one with a working PR but greg_r has it now! I've no idea if they are still available though. :dunno:

This one looks great, with very good lume judging by the pics, although the faux PR would kind of annoy me.

I hear your point, but the non working PR version is much more accurate than the one with the working PR. This has to do with the fact that the working PR movement has a different hand layout than the gen, therefore it is impossible to locate the PR indicator at the same place then Gen (distance from center).

graman
:drool:

ath

I hear your point, but the non working PR version is much more accurate than the one with the working PR. This has to do with the fact that the working PR movement has a different hand layout than the gen, therefore it is impossible to locate the PR indicator at the same place then Gen (distance from center).

Valid point there Mirage. Here is a pic of the working PR model from another sales post on RG. TBH I'm not sure what would bother me the most...didn't notice the difference in the distances till you brought it up :)

7779039540_c6f304884d_z.jpg

Mirage

Plus the hands are black... they should be silver. And also I have read that the lugs are 24mm on this working PR model. They should be 22mm.

So I rest my case, non working PR is the way to go for me.

Del

Plus the hands are black... they should be silver. And also I have read that the lugs are 24mm on this working PR model. They should be 22mm.

Objection Your Honour! The fact that Mr Mirage has read about the lug width on the working PR model is not proof that it is 24mm.

Only joking mate - I wasn't aware of the differences between the two versions. Although I like everything to "work", I think I'd prefer it to look more gen-like so you made a good choice IMHO. :thumbsup2:

Mirage

I know this reference to the lug width is pretty vague.... I'll try to find substanciation for it ;)...

Thanks for keeping order to the court Del ;)

ath

Fuck, missed the color of the hands too! This is more annoying IMO, black on grey not good enough. Thnx for the heads up Mirage, seems this version is the one!

greg_r

Actually, the working PR version has 22mm lugs (or at least mine does).

Yes, the one you have is certainly closer to gen. No question. The faux PR dial would still bug the hell out of me, though, but you pays yer money and you takes yer choice. On mine it's the damned fiddly quick-set date pusher that drives me up the wall. Either way, I can't win :lol:

Nice watch, mate. Enjoy! :D