Sign in to follow this  
teterouge

Le Rotonde de Cartier Minute Repeater Flying Tourbillon

teterouge

Il est enfin arrivé!

I'll tell you who I got it from after we pick it apart...I ordered it before joining this forum -- probably a mistake. The flying tourbillon moves, though not an actual tourbillon. The minute repeater is non-functioning. The authentic version has a push thingy on the side that animates the repeater. It is a manual wind, which is accurate. This watch was just released by Cartier in 2012 and retails for around US$200k -- hasn't been properly replicated as yet that I know of. The sapphire crown is not as pronounced as the real deal -- I've included a photo of my husband's authentic le Must de Cartier as well as Rolex. The Rolex was a custom order from the Eaton Company in Canada and given to employees on their 25th anniversary with the company. He inherited it from his dad. We had it thrown in a drawer and only found that it was a Rolex when I had it refurbished as a surprise for my husband.

Quelle agréable surprise!

e77b938a.jpg

58e51766.jpg

A little something for everyone in this shot -- keys to a Mercedes, a Cubano, glass of brandy, a luxury watch and last (but not least for me!) DIAMONDS!

He loves it -- its HUGE (the watch), in rose gold and with a brown crocodile deployment clasp. I'm particularly not thrilled with the band -- really stiff and the clasp is flimsy -- this can be rectified. Disappointed with the crown as well as the cabochon sapphire should be larger and much more "raised,"

Here's the Cartier video of this beauty though in titanium and retailing for around US$285K:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=78I_PyM9v58

onionbag

I'm glad your husband is pleased, ultimately this is why we buy these damn things........for moments, however fleeting of joy.

Put a nice strap on it and forget it's humble origins. No picking apart from me. I wish him health to enjoy it.

teterouge

I'm glad your husband is pleased, ultimately this is why we buy these damn things........for moments, however fleeting of joy.

Put a nice strap on it and forget it's humble origins. No picking apart from me. I wish him health to enjoy it.

Thanks onionbag!

Luthier

OK, who else will brag?

:rofl:

Dear, in my opinion , this watch is too girly for a man. And... fake tourby...?

teterouge

OK, who else will brag?

Well, the "real" fake is US$700 and I'm not ready to go there yet. Quit crapping on my husband's watch...He chose it, likes it, and is far from a "girly" man.

teterouge

OK, who else will brag?

Well, the "real" fake is US$700 and I'm not ready to go there yet. Quit crapping on my husband's watch...He chose it, likes it, and is far from a "girly" man.

And if you don't like this model, quit looking at it...

DeLaForce

Not my cup of tea, which is a good thing as I couldn't get away with wearing it. But I'm glad he can :)

The custom eaton is interesting :thumbsup:

teterouge

Not my cup of tea, which is a good thing as I couldn't get away with wearing it. But I'm glad he can :)

Thanks Stur! We agree that this is not an "everyday" kind of watch and may require a suit, tie, a nice shirt with equally nice cuff links. So...he'll probably wear it a couple of times a year. The rest of the time, he'll be sporting the Rolex that no one can tell is a Rolex or one of the many knock offs he's bought in the streets of NY.

Balad1

OK, who else will brag?

And if you don't like this model, quit looking at it...

Hey Teterouge, If you were an Oriental girl rather than a redhead and posted a pic of an Invicta watch Luthier would love it, LOL.

scorpion

Shit Ted don't mention Invicta and Luthier in the same sentence! :lmao:

Balad1

Shit Ted don't mention Invicta and Luthier in the same sentence! :lmao:

True Dat, but I believe his love for beautiful oriental women would overcome his dislike of Invicta watches, at least once, LOL

gB.

+1. Interesting piece. :)

Hey Teterouge, If you were an Oriental girl rather than a redhead and posted a pic of an Invicta watch Luthier would love it, LOL.

lol-smiley-bounce-ag1.gif

R5tdi

Oh just enjoy it I just got one

261dae8f5723ea8875f577ca812b8705.jpg

Wore it most of today it a great watch not 100% but who cares

hope he enjoys

The love of rep brings variation to your life ????????????