Sign in to follow this  
desi112

Just Got reitling Transocean Chronograph Blue Dial SS/SS - VERY CONFUSED

desi112

Hi Guys I've just got this watchh

http://www.timeshops.net/noobfactory/9878-br6830-breitling-transocean-chronograph-blue-dial-ss-ss-japan-os-chronograph.html

looks great but I'm a bit confused on what the buttons on the side of the watch do.

When I press push 2:00 button the main second hand stops and the dial in the middle of the watch starts moving. When I push button 2:00 again the main second hand starts moving.

Button 16:00 causes the main second hand to reset and stop at 12 yet the small middle dial still goes around.

What is the normal operation for this watch? Can someone explain to me how I should have this watch "set up"?

Can someone also explain what the 3 small dials are for?

Sorry for the noob questions

HWG

Sounds to me it works just fine. The pusher a 2 starts the chronograph, and stops it. The pusher at 4 resets the chorno back to 12 or "0" One of the subdials is probably running seconds, the other two may count elapsed minutes and hours on the chrono function. You can choose to use the watch with chrono running or not, I usually dont have mine running.

onionbag

The button at 2 will start and stop the seconds hand, the button at 4 will reset this hand to 12, when you start the seconds hand running, the other sub-dials will record the elapsed time. The sub-dial at 6 is the running seconds which will tick away all day.

I hope this helps.

Slooooow I am. :yoda:

desi112

Thanks for the quick replies so just to confirm the small middle dial will always be going round?

When I stop the chronograph why does the main second hand stop? yet the small dial in the middle continue?

Edited by desi112

HWG

Thanks for the quick replies so just to confirm the small middle dial will always be going round?

That is correct. That is the running seconds of the watch.

desi112

Thank you so the main second hand does not count the seconds of the watch? and this will remain static unless the chronograph is started?

Edited by desi112

HWG

Thank you so the main second hand does not count the seconds of the watch? and this will remain static unless the chronograph is started?

again correct. perhaps you should have done some research on chronos before buying? :lol:

desi112

again correct. perhaps you should have done some research on chronos before buying? :lol:

lol I agree as you can tell I dont know much about Watches! But I am learning thank you very much for the fast replies :)

YoungGPS

Congrats and welcome! Just continue reviewing the threads starting with New Members and you will be fine. :D