Sign in to follow this  
Uhrzeit

"SOLVED" PayPal delay payment on "review"

Uhrzeit

Hi there Guys,

I'd like to get some feedback regarding PayPal and if you guys out there have been confronted with same shit like me:

As you all noticed I bought several watches last weeks and everything went fluent, no hold, no reviews at all.

Today one of our friends I dealt with signed back, my payment is set to review??!! In return, as I wanted to be straight and to double check, I logged into my PayPal account and banking, everything is setup correctly and set to "closed payment"

Why this differences between our accounts? Anybody who can inform?

Appreciate feedbacks

Regards

Zarko

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Uhrzeit

HWG

You are going to have to call paypal to see if they can get it sorted. Hopefully you lefty your payment descriptions blank, in all of your transactions, because if you mention watch brands, this forum or anything like that, could be a big headache for you and the person you wanted to send the money too. Good luck getting things sorted. Oh, and when you call, they dont have the right to know what you bought, so dont even get into it with them on the phone.

DFH

I just had the same issue on an incoming payment, but it appears that the hold/review and subsequent payment cancellation/refund had to do with the buyer being out of his home country, and PP was unsure that the actual account owner was the one making the payment.

Anything they label High risk, and for review - usually has to do with the sender, their bank and how the money gets pulled from their PP account or bank, unless of course the dreaded "filling in the payment details" has occurred.

Good Luck, and let us know how it all works out!

Uhrzeit

Thanks so far!

I confirm, never placed or filled details in their forms.

But I do now understand, that I placed / sent money from the Netherlands and my home address is Germany, in result I had to answer security questions, before I could go further.

It might be, now for my understandings, PayPal makes sure that I'm sending the money and this is no fraud or account hack...

Damn what kind of sick minds got into my brain cause I am feeling bad regarding Replicawatch.

I don't keep it hidden as you already noticed that I purchased the watch from him. Poor situation but I hope it will cleared soon.

Next time I'm not wasting my time abroad when payments needs to be done. I prefer the damn quick payment and solution afterwards

Anyways, thanks a lot for this review...

Zarko

Uhrzeit

UPDATE:

I´m sorry to tell, but Replicawatch still not able to withdraw the money. It say "on hold and review"!! :frusty:

This morning I´ve sent an email with dispute. I applied for fast clarification and to transfer the money - at least to put the payment clear - So hopefully it will be sorted out today.

Horrible situation really horrible...

Good day

Zarko

trailboss99

Forgot email, call them.

You know why you guys have so much trouble with PP? Because you withdraw all your funds

immediately, ALWAYS leave some money in your account and you won't have an issue, PP are instantly sus of anyone who keeps

a PP balance of zero, it's like a red flag to a bull because it looks like you expect trounie. As long as there are enough funds in your account to cover any issue/dispute PP could not give a flying fuck what you do.

offshore

I just had the same issue on an incoming payment, but it appears that the hold/review and subsequent payment cancellation/refund had to do with the buyer being out of his home country, and PP was unsure that the actual account owner was the one making the payment.

Anything they label High risk, and for review - usually has to do with the sender, their bank and how the money gets pulled from their PP account or bank, unless of course the dreaded "filling in the payment details" has occurred.

Review is a standard reaction to anyone who is sending money away from their home address. Usually takes about 7 days for them to investigate.

If you now have gone to dispute, you will find it will turn pear shaped rapidly.

O/S

Uhrzeit

Forgot email, call them.

You know why you guys have so much trouble with PP? Because you withdraw all your funds

immediately, ALWAYS leave some money in your account and you won't have an issue, PP are instantly sus of anyone who keeps

a PP balance of zero, it's like a red flag to a bull because it looks like you expect trounie. As long as there are enough funds in your account to cover any issue/dispute PP could not give a flying fuck what you do.

Well trailboss, I don´t get it, why you lump everyone together. Let me explain the facts:

I am the buyer, I´ve sent my payment instantly and on my paypal overview there is nothing on hold. Everything is settled and marked as closed. Money is withdrawn from my bank account. So from my personal point of view, this case is successfully closed.

The other side, the seller, tells me he cannot withdraw the money from his paypal account to his bank. This money is visible but on hold. So if I am correct, I´m done, right?

The question was, why does PayPal put someones amount on hold (and does mark a flag) and the other person (who sent the amount) is marked "green"

My apologies, I didn´t want to mess up a threat with inconvinience but to just understand and to clear a case for one of our members here, called Replicawatch.

My point of view: everyone deserves the highest output, resepect and effort you are about to deal with or better say, actually in a trade.

You wouldn´t mind either to get help, if you have amount pending, right?

So, I am informed well enough and this shouldn´t be happening again.

Anyways, thank you for sharing your information about "how to deal with amounts using PayPal"

A good day,

Zarko

offshore

You must understand that PP are a law unto themselves.

If they want to review anything, they will, for their own good reason.

And it may be you, it may be the seller, it may be that the person at Pay Pal had his hand pushed away this morning, and now has the shits.

BUT, you will not do anyone any good by stirring up the hornets nest!

This morning I´ve sent an email with dispute. I applied for fast clarification and to transfer the money - at least to put the payment clear - So hopefully it will be sorted out today.

And if I am reading this correctly you are now starting a dispute with PP over these funds?

Which is an absolute NO NO!

Sometimes it is better just to sit back and wait a few days and let things take their course.

Maybe tomorrow morning the guy gets his leg over, and the world is a better place....but not if you have started a dispute!

Offshore.

Uhrzeit

You must understand that PP are a law unto themselves.

If they want to review anything, they will, for their own good reason.

And it may be you, it may be the seller, it may be that the person at Pay Pal had his hand pushed away this morning, and now has the shits.

BUT, you will not do anyone any good by stirring up the hornets nest!

And if I am reading this correctly you are now starting a dispute with PP over these funds?

Which is an absolute NO NO!

Sometimes it is better just to sit back and wait a few days and let things take their course.

Maybe tomorrow morning the guy gets his leg over, and the world is a better place....but not if you have started a dispute!

Offshore.

Well Offshore,

at this statement I agree with you. As I never had issues like this happening (either to seller or buyer) I was as well pushed a little bit from seller, because he just wanted the bucks. As we both were confused about all happened, I requested help from PayPal instead.

Sometimes waiting is better than forcing...

Anyways, I´m now done with this and do as you say: leaning back and wait it resolves itself.

Thanks anyways, you all widened up my view...

wishing all a nice week end

Zarko

Uhrzeit

Review is a standard reaction to anyone who is sending money away from their home address. Usually takes about 7 days for them to investigate.

If you now have gone to dispute, you will find it will turn pear shaped rapidly.

O/S

Hi Folks,

As you could read in the header, issue is resolved. I received email back from PayPal and as Offshore already mentioned:

"Review is a standard reaction to anyone who is sending money away from their home address. Usually takes about 7 days for them to investigate"

That's the reason it happened to my last transaction.

As I work in the Netherlands and logged into my PP account -which address is based in Germany- it came to a manual review. Finally it took just 24 hours....

Lesson to all: avoid sending money if you are outside of your home address ;-)

Thanks to all who participated

Zarko

Balad1

Glad it worked out quickly for you :)

NCRich

Nice gif balad!

scorpion

Nice gif balad!

Dont get to excited it might be a ladyboy! :lmao:

Balad1

Nice gif balad!

Dont get to excited it might be a ladyboy! :lmao:

Nah, it's real Poontang, I don't live in Thailand.

LOL

Odyseus

I'm still waiting for my refund :(

Paid to WI through my current account by mistake (should have been CC) - I asked for immediate refund which WI did and then I repaid through PP using CC.

But refund has temporary hold?? since 25th Dec.

I checked my current account that day and no sign of transaction - I even transferred money into my account just to be sure.

After a few days nothing appeared, so I transferred money back out again...

Since then however, PP have taken the original £350 from my current account putting me overdrawn! (It was near the end of the month).

So now I get stung £22 from bank - PP refund still on hold !!!