Sign in to follow this  
jeffw69

AP Diver V3

digger2
I am also waiting for mine, I have noticed that the time markers doesn't line up perfectly everywhere with the dive markers on my QC pics and it looks like it is the case with most V3:s is it the same with V2 and what about the gen?

Mine has been refinished by Kenny but I would say if you look at it through a loupe the markers vary by about 0.1mm Remember you can adjust the bezel so if they are all out by the same small amount you have some play. If they are all out you can slightly shift the movement. There is a tutorial on that. You can assume the gen is perfect. It is not a Rollie. :)

I had heard so much about how gen like it was so I was very dissapointed when I realized it, I guess I will be happy when it arrives anyway.

This isn't a major issue--the dial is misaligned. Here is a thread on RWI on how to fix the misaligned markers issue

Here is mine on a gen AP short strap - $214 shipped overnight. Thanks to Jeff for the contact info.

The problem I have seen is not a even one, the markers line up for some but not for others.

johnnoblin

The problem I have seen is not a even one, the markers line up for some but not for others.

Dead on, mine appears to be perfectly straight. When even at a slight angle, it looks like the markers don't line up, but they do. It doesn't bother me that much anyway.

Galactus
Just checked tracking (again), and this should be on my wrisy tomorrow.

It is the V3 AP Diver from Toro Bravo's latest batch.

Couple of QC pics:

1.jpg

Wow, Toro's hands are sexy!

Congrats for the diver, too bad summer is almost over for a swim!

jeffw69
I am also waiting for mine, I have noticed that the time markers doesn't line up perfectly everywhere with the dive markers on my QC pics and it looks like it is the case with most V3:s is it the same with V2 and what about the gen?

Mine has been refinished by Kenny but I would say if you look at it through a loupe the markers vary by about 0.1mm Remember you can adjust the bezel so if they are all out by the same small amount you have some play. If they are all out you can slightly shift the movement. There is a tutorial on that. You can assume the gen is perfect. It is not a Rollie. :)

I had heard so much about how gen like it was so I was very dissapointed when I realized it, I guess I will be happy when it arrives anyway.

This isn't a major issue--the dial is misaligned. Here is a thread on RWI on how to fix the misaligned markers issue

Here is mine on a gen AP short strap - $214 shipped overnight. Thanks to Jeff for the contact info.

H1YUh.jpg

Very cool that you got the gen strap John!!! Congrats.

jeffw69

here jeff mine says hi until your V3 arrives

DSCF0957.jpg

must get bracelet for V3

Zorro, that looks killer on bracelet.

10:10 Watch Repair

I have seen a number of these, and the bezels and alignment vary A LOT.

The mechanism for the bezel seems to be hit and miss as well, with some working perfectly, and some well... suck.

I had a "Swiss" version with a crappy bezel and an Asian with a great bezel. Completely different internals.

Rogerthat

I have 2 both bezels are dead on matches up perfectly with the dial (both Asian)