Sign in to follow this  
Inspr05

Swiss Noob Pam 111n doesn't start from TORO

Inspr05

Got the watch yesterday. It doesn't run. This is a big dissappointment. What a bad first experience with reps. Does Toro check that the watches work before shipping? The QC pictures he sent are not the same watch I received. My watch is missing a few screws and have supplied the two pictures for you all to look at to make sure I'm not loosing it.

I opened the CG lever, and wound the watch away from me 40 to 50 times until I felt resistance. The watched worked for 20 seconds and then stopped ticking and has not ticked since. When I email TORO he just says I do not know how to wind the watch and offers no assistance. I thought he was supposed to be a reputable dealer. Obviously not. That is very shady to switch watches.

http://www.flickr.co...N03/7808598206/

http://www.flickr.co...N03/7808596756/

davylloyd

What missing screws?

Inspr05

Here are the pics. The first is mine and the second is TOROs qc pics. Yes the bands are different I know because I asked for a different band but my watch is missing a screw in the lower aspect and is just different in appearance. Please help!!!

7808596756_a40ba022ec.jpg

photo by ph255, on Flickr

7808598206_9c834d2088.jpg

照片 4 by ph255, on Flickr

There is a missing blue screw in the lower right aspect.

dalboy

:picard:

Firstly sorry to hear you have a prob , trust me when i say that Toro is a top bloke and will resolve your issue pm him again.. it is bad form to openly slag him off on the forum .can i suggest that if you feel that you have an issue with it contact him back or get in touch with one of the mods here..

Pics of what you recieved and the missing screws would be good , try using photobucket for your pics..

Dont worry this can resolved just be patient..

Dal....

Inspr05

There is a missing screw in the lower right aspect. Either way the watch does not work.

dalboy

That screw could have come loose during transit and be the cause of the watch not working..whats the chance of having the back off..

Yes i no you shouldn't have to but thats the way it go's sometimes in this game

Dal...........

davylloyd

Please don't think I'm being patronising or rude, I'm just asking - how many mechanical watches do you have?

scorpion

I can clearly see the missing screw - is it floating around inside the watch? Its possible it feel out during transit and is wedged somewhere stopping the moment.

As Dal correctly states you should never openly moan about a trusted dealer here - you must try and resolve it with the TD or if no luck contact one of the mods who will take it up on your behalf. If the screw is loose and you can budge it to the back of the case you might be able to get it working. Then I would be tempted to remove the back and replace the screw BUT check first with Toro as it would invalidate any warranty.

EDIT: Dal you type to fast for me to keep up - we were both thinking the same thing eh!

Edited by scorpion

gtwc

I'm sorry to hear about this.

Yes, I can definitely see the missing screw, bummer.

Have to agree with Dalboy however about immediately flaming the dealer - your first port

of call should be to the mods if you have had no satisfaction from the dealer.

They will intercede on your behalf, should the cause be just (and this appears to be ironclad!!).

Toro is one of the godd guys, and he should see you right.

Welcome to the wonderful world of rep watches - sorry that your first experience was a downer.

Keep the faith.

:giggle:

dalboy

Please don't think I'm being patronising or rude, I'm just asking - how many mechanical watches do you have?

Doe's that really matter ?? if its not working , then its not working..besides winding a watch is not rocket science ..

Dal...........

davylloyd

Oops, my mistake, I was looking at Toro's QC pic.

As said, Toro is a TD here for good reason. Disappointing as it is, sometimes things do go wrong. Please give Toro a chance before saying he's disreputable or shady, because he's not.

I'm sure the admin here will help you, but keep cool.

davylloyd

Doe's that really matter ?? if its not working , then its not working..besides winding a watch is not rocket science ..

Dal...........

Was only asking to see if he would be confident taking the back off, with Toro's permission of course. Just thought it may have saved some to-ing and fro-ing is all......

dalboy

My advice ..........................pm one of the mods .as this is your first experience of reps, last thing in the world your gonna do is open it up and repair it your self..

Dal.............

dalboy

Dal...........

Was only asking to see if he would be confident taking the back off, with Toro's permission of course. Just thought it may have saved some to-ing and fro-ing is all......

Yes get where your coming from Davy, i think regardless of what happens that he may do more harm than good in attempting a repair him self..

Good point though

Dal...........

scorpion

My advice ..........................pm one of the mods .as this is your first experience of reps, last thing in the world your gonna do is open it up and repair it your self..

Dal.............

So Dal you wouldn't remove the back and give it a big squirt of WD40, then a blob of Vaseline on the rotor :lmao:

torobravo

Check out the serial number. It's the same watch. By default it comes with the rubber strap and I exchange it for you for the leather strap.

Handwind it and it should be working. If you cannot put back the screws you have to return it to me. It probably fell off during the shipment.

dalboy

Dal.............

So Dal you wouldn't remove the back and give it a big squirt of WD40, then a blob of Vaseline on the rotor :lmao:

Nuhhhh, plus gas and 3 in 1 oil..maybe even ky jelly..

scorpion

Dal.............

KY - shit you are a bit posh eh, what is wrong with my party size pack of Vaseline?

Toro has already responded so hopefully OP will resolve this or send it back.

10:10 Watch Repair

OK, Holmes here,

if you look at Toro's QC pic, the missing screw is already a bit backed out. This lends credence to Toro's argument that the screw fell out in transit.

Chances are it's wedged somewhere it shouldn't be.

dalboy

Dal.............

KY - shit you are a bit posh eh, what is wrong with my party size pack of Vaseline?

Toro has already responded so hopefully OP will resolve this or send it back.

Party size pack of Vaseline ....FUCK !! your a busy boy.. :giggle:

Inspr05

I cant see the screw. But either way the watch even when fully wound is not working. I own another manual watch that works just fine.

Chavezzito

Either you open the back to find the screw and put it back yourself (with Toro´s permission) or as Toro say´s you will have to send it back to him.

Tuff but this happens and we cannot ask our TD´s to check that every screw is tightened as it should be when they do the QC...it would take to long time and surely it would raise the prices.

Sorry buddy but this happens and it´s frustrating...that´s the dark part of the reps sadly.

lapinobel

I'm not dissing Toro, but I do have some doubts about his own QC. My pam 308 arrived with a pretty big scratch on the case (which he could not have missed, but was not visible in qc pics - clever?), someone else's Breitling SOSFv2 came with hands that were blocked by the logo, now this 111n is broken. So either Toro needs to put a little more effort into checking the watches he sends out (especially taking into account it IS always a risk sending them through customs etc), or he does not have the watches in his hands when he sends QC pics (which might be taken by someone else) and maybe some/his watches are sent directly from factory or other distributors, thus not being able to check the quality of the watch. Like the case with this 111n, Toro could have checked the watch for a defect like this and got it repaired/fix the loose screw before sending it out.

Like this dealer (not TD?), check this http://www.1-pc8838.com/QA.php . Not sure they effectively do so, but at least it's an assurance that everything works as it should. When I pointed Toro to the scratch on my 308, the answer was 'nothing I can do about that'. Well, I don't know. He could either send an undamaged watch, or get the one I got repaired via the factory. Or he didn't see it, which again makes me wonder if he is the one sending/checking the watches.

Just my thoughts. I'm still considering Toro as my main TD and have two watches which will be ordered in the next few weeks, but I *will* ask him via email if he can double check if the watches are ok, do not have any visible damage and that the hands/movement is working like it should.

davylloyd

I cant see the screw. But either way the watch even when fully wound is not working. I own another manual watch that works just fine.

I didn't mean 'do you know how to use a manual watch', I was just trying to see if you'd feel confident taking off the back, finding the screw, and refitting it, with Toro's permission.

Duff idea anyway, you wouldn't want to damage the balance or escapement or whatever on a brand new watch, and as people said he would, Toro has responded and told you how to get things sorted.

I've had watches arrive with minor problems before (not from Toro, BTW), just recently one where the rotor was loose for example, and although it's not what anyone wants, it happens.

Edited by davylloyd

10:10 Watch Repair

Just my thoughts. I'm still considering Toro as my main TD and have two watches which will be ordered in the next few weeks, but I *will* ask him via email if he can double check if the watches are ok, do not have any visible damage and that the hands/movement is working like it should.

I would be pretty confident, he, or his person sending pics, does that. They also send the pics because they can't be responsible for every detail on every watch.

Your Rolex AD wouldn't catch a loose screw, that's for someone doing assembly, and our TDs don't have anything to do with assembly.

I'm not sure why a rep watch dealer should (or could) be held to a higher standard than an AD.