Sign in to follow this  
MrBlanck

¡Hola!

MrBlanck

Hi guys,

At first I was quite adamant of opening a (what I regarded as ) pointless "hello I'm new and I don't have much to say" post.

But I thought I would be rude not to introduce myself after having spent a week already nosing around.

After many hours spent on the newbies section, the TD subforums and your personal reviews, I believe I've got a grasp of the basic jargon, even though I'm sure there is still a long way to go.

I live in London (the original one in UK, not the Ontario one :giggle: ), and I've always had an interest on men fashion accessories (i.e. watches, cufflinks...).

I believe this forum is going to be a very bad influence and gonna cause a big hole on my wallet.....oh well! Let be it!

P.S. There is something I'm quite not sure about. Once you know which model you want and you see a few TD offering it for a similar price (and similar characteristics)....how do you make your call to choose one?

Hasta luego!

Edited by MrBlanck

Balad1

Welcome Mate.

To answer your question....you ask us :)

fatarms

Welcome, dude.

As long as the watch has the movement and looks like it has the physical characteristics you want, then it's a leap of faith for you to choose your first TD.

I've personally dealt with WatchInternational and they are my go to dealer, but I've also dealt with SIlix and MarvellousReplica. I've had great service and communications with them all. I've heard great things about Toro and Nariikaa as well.

I guess it's up to you to just reach out to a dealer and see if they treat you right and you feel comfortable with them. If you find a dealer that does you right, and gives you a quality product, stick with them. The thing is, though, I think it's pretty much an even field when it comes to our TD's. They're TD's because they provide a certain level of service. Find one you like, even if it is just a shot in the dark the first time. You'll soon find that they're all quite capable of providing great service and emtying your wallet quickly with that service :lol:

DeLaForce

Welcome :)

myaz

Welcome. Not heard negatives about anyone on the present list of TDs. Perhaps a payment option might make a difference for you.

MrBlanck

Thanks for the welcome messages and your advice.

I'm more and more inclined to get the PAM 111... gonna sleep on it!

nunu78

Welcome to the nuthouse mate, it's always good to see another Londoner here. We have a saying here, First choose your dealer then choose your watch.

How you gona do that is very simple, just spend some time here and read.

My personal choice is Marvellous Replica and watch international.

fatarms

Thanks for the welcome messages and your advice.

I'm more and more inclined to get the PAM 111... gonna sleep on it!

Any dealer should be able to get that for you, but it seems like Toro is the popular "PAM man" here, especially for the 111.

DFH

Welcome to RWG!

YoungGPS

Welcome and enjoy the adventure! :band:

Abagnale

hola, que tal? bienvenido y que disfrutes del foro...

saludos

davylloyd

Welcome from another Londoner :thumbsup2:

You'll see as you go along that all of the TDs can get you pretty much any rep, even if they have a website and it's not listed on there.

Shoot them an e-mail of what you want, agree a price and shipping method, and away you go.

You won't go wrong with any of the dealers here, and after your first thirty or forty deals, you'll feel more comfortable! (No, I'm not kidding)

MrBlanck

Thanks for the advice guys.

I've already contacted a few of TDs... Can't wait to confirm something, send the payment and becoming s tracking junkie like you lot :-p.

Davylloyd good to see a neighbour around :-) . Do you have any rep friendly watchsmith? That would definitely be really helpful I'm case something happens :)

Jorge-(WhoreHay)

Bienvenido al Asilo de Locos!

I have dealt with most every TD and some not so trusted, and in my experience all are very reputable and reliable. The true test of a dealer is the "after-sale" attitude when something goes wrong. Remember: they all are sourcing watches from the same factories, unless they have in stock a few of the more popular models. Prices are relatively close between them, and the difference is in their pre-inspection and calibration prior to shipping it to you. Some have an in-house watchmaker, others don't. Some specialize in high-end replicas, others like the cheap versions... It is a very competitive market and all are vying for the same customers.

So write to them, see how quickly and promptly they respond, if they answer your questions, etc. and then pick the one you think will give you the best service.

Toro Bravo, Watch International, Marvelous Replicas are all very good, very reputable, and very reliable. Trusty Time and Perfect Clones are very efficient, but they are not part of the TD list, so if something goes wrong, our moderators will not be able to help. But two of my watches came from them, and to this date not a fault...

My consolation is that there is one more soul spending his hard-earned money the same way I do! Pathetic!!!

myaz

Do you have any rep friendly watchsmith? That would definitely be really helpful I'm case something happens :)

Obviously, you got the trusted "Mods and more" section, 2 of which are based in EU.

Otherwise, what you do is go to your local watchsmith and ask him if he will work on reps. Many do, but some feel it's below their dignity.

MrBlanck

Madhouse / asilo de los locos INDEED!!!

Have just ordered my first one!

PAM 111 V3 + Assolutamente + Box from our friend Toro Bravo!

I'll become a tracking junkie very soon!! Whoop Whoop Whoop!

myaz

Andale, arriba, arriba. :heffalump::nana::bananarider::rideemcowboy:

carpediem

Todos son unos locos!

Del

Hello and welcome! :thumbsup2:

Nice first purchase. ;)

PAB

Welcome fellow brit from Laandaan! :damnthecolonials: