Sign in to follow this  
deadmeat

Rolex Deep Sea Dweller From Josh @PC - Going back.......

deadmeat

Received an order from Josh recently (3 total, 2 of which I like, this one is going back). Pretty disappointed with it. My opinion is way too many issues to keep. Good news is that I sent him the short list of my issues to which I am happy to report he answered "Send it back, I'll sort it out" - roughly 5 minutes after I sent my email to him (!!) That's pretty dam good service - we'll see how many months it takes to get a replacement. Check it out and let me know if YOU would keep this thing or do as I did. My pictures suck-anus, so probably a little difficult to make out the finer points. Keep in mind that this is a $350 rep.

1) The engraving "Original Escape Valve" and "Ring Lock System" look very

bad - they look like they are partially rubbed off or damaged - there is

little to no black in many letters (especially the word "Original").

be507676.jpg

2) The back casing is scratched pretty badly in a couple of areas

2fad2062.jpg

3) The pearl is really bad - it is translucent and very strange. I have no idea even what it is.

7395dc13.jpg

4) The worst parts - the 1:00 and 2:00 lume markers look almost like they

are melted or "rough" - certainly not what they are supposed to be. Actually all of the markers look shitty- they are not even close to being uniform and look very "blobby" and unfinished

84e67507.jpg

5) Also very bad - There are several very visible scratches or defects on the dial surface

2c61bf62.jpg

6) The Bezel is loose and can be moved from side to side - big time.

Your thoughts? Am I being too OCD?

Luthier

Well... First - when you order from dropshipper, you shouldn't expect any quality control, he never see your watch.

Sitting in Singapore, he only reply emails, so, no wonder he reply in minutes. So, if you prefer fast reply and shity watch - you're happy.

I prefer to wait for reply for a day-two, but get the watch, that was inspected and tested.

And no - in this case you're not too anal, watch is crappy for sure.

deadmeat

Well, he sent me QC pics before he shipped (and I approved) - but these issues were not at all apparent until I actually had it in my hands. My comment on his fast reply was after I sent him the "this watch sucks - send me another one" email. I know it's probably going to take eons to get the replacement, but I'm ok with that if the final is what it's supposed to be. Shit, I was half expecting either no reply, or "no soup for you".

Luthier

Pictures came from his relatives in China, they take watch from factories representatives, shoot photos, and ship your watch.

deadmeat

I'd buy that. I was just a bit concerned that I approved something and than had a bitch about it. Normally I don't care about fairly minor issues (I never expect perfection or even close), but this thing was like a kick in the nutz.

Luthier

One-two minor flaws is OK, but a whole bunch of flaws - I don't think it's acceptable. And I bet - you paid more, than DSSDs from our TDs. And now you'll pay even more for shipping it back and wait God-knows-for-how-long... And there's no warranty you'll get better watch.

Next time think twice, mate.

jacobarch

Luth is right. If you want better QC see WI, Toro, MR or Silix. All do better QC which will help you see these little problems before they ship it out.

Distinct

You're not being too picky, that is a terrible watch. Anyone of those things would drive me nuts.

Steve227

Wow, how bad is that. It would go back quicker than I could say dropship!

Balad1

Sell it on RG for $500, call it a Frank'n special.

deadmeat

Sent back this morning (12 hours after openeing it and getting a reply). Purchased before I found RWG - live and learn.

gareth

get one from Mary instead i've bought 7 dssd's from her and everyone was great my only complaint was alignment of the crown at 12 but if you want a perfect one you could try BK if you dont mind the wait...

RichardMiami

More useless QC pics..tagged or not makes no difference in a case like this. As noted many times in the past, although I am in a minority.. the QC pic practice is a JOKE.. what really counts, as Luth points out.. is the INTEGRITY of the dealer. Nothing else.

Balad1

+1

DFH

+1000

deadmeat

More useless QC pics..tagged or not makes no difference in a case like this. As noted many times in the past, although I am in a minority.. the QC pic practice is a JOKE.. what really counts, as Luth points out.. is the INTEGRITY of the dealer. Nothing else.

Yep - I am learning. Thanks to all for your input, won't make the same mistake twice. I will give Josh a chance to make it right - let you all know how it turns out.