Sign in to follow this  
deltaforce

Omega Ploprof - Who bought theirs from where?

deltaforce

Hi guys,

I am a newbie... total and utter newbie... so please bear with me if this question has been asked before. I have done some searching on the boards regarding good replica Ploprofs, and found a bunch of information surrounding the V1 and V2 versions of this watch, but I couldn't find any first-hand information regarding who bought their Ploprof from which dealer.

My mind is pretty much made up regarding the Ploprof (black face with rubber strap), and now I just need to know which dealers are the best to deal with and which version of the Ploprof is the best to go for. Pricewise, I'd like to stay under $250ish, and obviously the watch needs to be as close to the original in look and weight as possible. The internals are less important for me, so long as they are reliable and work as a watch should.

Again, apologies if this is a repeat of past threads, but I'm looking for concise and current feedback. Please :)

Cheers,

Larry.

Cyril_Clunge

All dealers get their stock from the same factories so with the exception of a very few "exclusive" watches, you will get the same thing no matter who you order from.

Best thing is to read the feedback for all the Trusted Dealers and choose the one you feel is right for you

deltaforce

Thanks for the prompt response... much appreciated.

OK, so dealers offer pretty much the same thing... no problems there. I'll go through the Trusted Dealers section and get in touch with a few.

I guess what I really need advice on is what specific watch do I need to order? I don't know the rep lingo at all, and wouldn't really know what to look out for. Do I ask the dealers for a Ploprof, black face w/ black rubber strap, V2, Asian ETA internals, etc?

If someone could help me with a list of things I need to state to the dealer in order to get the nicest watch for the money, then I guess I'd be a happy man!

Cyril_Clunge

Best bet is to send a pic of the watch you want and ask which versions they can get and how much are they. No real need to use technical terms, more likely to make a mistake if you're not sure of what they mean.

Best PloProf is the V2, not sure you'll get a clone or ETA within your budget what with shipping as well. Drop an email to WI, MR or Toro. My preference is for Mary & Rochest at WI but all three will look after you, don't forget to mention you're a member here.

HWG

Well, CC has summed it up. Perfect advice here. Welcome to the forum!

deltaforce

Thanks for the feedback. I am going to email the dealers you mentioned and see what transpires...

007omegafan

Mary and Rochest have been a pleasure to deal with. Just ordered my 42 PO and its been super smooth sailing... just wish they were in our time zone. I get so eager emailing them during the day and then waiting to wake up to an email from them the next day

HeavyKrush

WI for me. V2 with clone ETA. Just over $300 delivered. I don't think you can get the V1 anymorep as its now a V1.5. Still 4813 movement but with non delaminating crystal. Here are some shots and a mini review of mine....

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=33382

Greg has the V1.5 and a review around as well.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

Distinct

I got mine from Mary at Watch Intetnational and set off the big fire storm of support and hate for the white Ploprof. Now other big names on the forum have joined (like Jeff) and I'm sure the numbers are going to grow.

HeavyKrush

I got mine from Mary at Watch Intetnational and set off the big fire storm of support and hate for the white Ploprof. Now other big names on the forum have joined (like Jeff) and I'm sure the numbers are going to grow.

Couldn't do the white strap. On a mesh though I can see it.

Bobbylah

Got my V1.5 on the way from WI so real interested in seeing if the 'flaws' (1 vs 2 piece caseback, 21j movement, non functioning bezel release button and V1 clasp are worth the savings. Paid about $175 delivered to CONUS. Great thing about this place is that there is always someone looking for what you have to sell if I want to upgrade. Welcome aboard.

greg_r

Got my V1.5 on the way from WI so real interested in seeing if the 'flaws' (1 vs 2 piece caseback, 21j movement, non functioning bezel release button and V1 clasp are worth the savings. Paid about $175 delivered to CONUS. Great thing about this place is that there is always someone looking for what you have to sell if I want to upgrade. Welcome aboard.

I have one of those - despite the minor inaccuracies, it captures the look of the gen surprisingly well for such a cheap watch. I like mine well enough that I decided not to bother with an upgrade :)

Edit: Mine came from Andrew for what it's worth - but only because he and Josh were the first to get them when they came out last year.

Bobbylah

Why do I get the feeling that all of a sudden WI and others are going to see a significant increase in requests for Ploppys!

<RJ>

Why do I get the feeling that all of a sudden WI and others are going to see a significant increase in requests for Ploppys!

I get the reply "Sorry but noob factory is on vacation" all the time from wi now both on a white ploprof and some pams. Are they the only ones assembling these ploprofs?

samsara2005

Just bought mine from WI... ETA movement and orange rubber strap... They say the factory is on holiday and that they'll probably get back to work between 7 to 10 days. Then I'll wait about 7 days for the delivery, and then "victory shall be mine"! Happy days!