Sign in to follow this  
Baldrick

What's the skinny on the availability of the PAM......

Baldrick

....089 Titanium case / Anthracite dial......I have a strap that needs a watch...this might be my renewal of acquaintanceship with Panerai....so...spill the beans. !!!

09L008_02.jpg

Steelfish

Angus has them........

http://www.puretime.co/product/pam089-gmt-titanium/

If it's a naughty for me to post a non TD's site........then accept my apologies and please delete. respect-051.gif

DFH

Hey BR...

The "usual suspects" (PT/PC/TT) all have the 089 at around $250 or so.

No superlume , but a damn good version, IMHO.

-Titanium

-a7750

-correct anthracite dial

-sapphire crystal

If the cartel have it, I am sure it could be sourced by a TD...

Cheers!

DFH

Forgot to mention - I would rate the available 089 at the same level as the 3 days series PAMs (312,321, 328, 351, 359) same level of lume too - very good...

Amit

DSN?

DFH

DSN?

hmmm..... great idea!

EDIT: Just checked - DSN does this one, and does it well...

Baldrick

Thanks Den....checked it out...looks to be what I'm looking for....although I want a titanium case with a steel polished bezel and anthracite dial on one of these straps, haven't decided which and still considering other options, I'll see if Reg can come up with one.

SG2422003RA.jpg

SD242200NS036XL.jpg

SCO2422055013RAXS.jpg

SCO2422RGNS024.jpg

STAT-SH24-004.jpg

DFH

My pleasure - all of those straps would be fab, but I really like the first, silver-tinged one - that would be amazing, and would pick up the tones of the Ti, and the anthracite dial - plus, you would probably not see another like it...

Good luck, and let me know how it goes!

solkryssare

DSN is definitely your best bet for the 089. Its a lovely GMT for sure.

1littlegreen

Ok guys, I'll take the noob bait..... What dealer is DSN?

Kev

Silverspeed

Nembo?

Silverspeed

How's about the PAM170? Ti case, Polished bezel, CG polished but the lever is Ti and a lovely chargoal grey dial.

DSN is the only one that has them....imho much nicer then the more common 089

Pic nicked from a guy on rg:

dsn_pam170g_10.jpg

Amit

Davidsen, check trusted dealers link. you will see there. also has a slot on RWI.

Does some great PAM reps.

Baldrick

Sorry Silvio...nowhere near as pretty as an 089.....I'm looking for a piece that states and conveys 'luxury' and refined taste....not a Submarine hatch....besides which I had the gen of this in steel in the 90's...I sold the gen because my tastes moved more towards refinement...I'm not likely to take a step backwards....not to mention I need another 'dive' watch like some members here need self-trepanation ;)

Amit

You're defo gonna have to go the DSN route for the 089 B.

1littlegreen

Davidsen, check trusted dealers link. you will see there. also has a slot on RWI.

Does some great PAM reps.

Thanks!! Appreciate the info. I'm starting to get the Pam bug.... BAD.....!!!!!!

Kev

grb

self-trepanation ;)

For those like myself

Trepanning, also known as trephination, trephining or making a burr hole, is a surgical intervention in which a hole is drilled or scraped into the human skull, exposing the dura mater to treat health problems related to intracranial diseases. It may also refer to any "burr" hole created through other body surfaces, including nail beds. It is often used to relieve pressure beneath a surface. A trephine is an instrument used for cutting out a round piece of skull bone.

Evidence of trepanation has been found in prehistoric human remains from Neolithic times onward. Cave paintings indicate that people believed the practice would cure epileptic seizures, migraines, and mental disorders.[1] The bone that was trepanned was kept by the prehistoric people and may have been worn as a charm to keep evil spirits away. Evidence also suggests that trepanation was primitive emergency surgery after head wounds[2] to remove shattered bits of bone from a fractured skull and clean out the blood that often pools under the skull after a blow to the head. Such injuries were typical for primitive weaponry such as slings and war clubs.[3]

There is some contemporary use of the term. In modern eye surgery, a trephine instrument is used in corneal transplant surgery. The procedure of drilling a hole through a fingernail or toenail is also known as trephination. It is performed by a physician or surgeon to relieve the pain associated with a subungual hematoma (blood under the nail); a small amount of blood is expressed through the hole and the pain associated with the pressure is partially alleviated.