Sign in to follow this  
Cyril_Clunge

Customs seizure thread

lordsquidgy

This thread is making me really nervous! Just my luck that I go on a spending spree as this is happening. Items coming Italy, Sweden, US and Singapore. Fingers crossed.

MadeOfCheese

Well, I've just ordered a full-fat AP Diver from Toro, nearly $600 all-in, so I'm hoping that registered airmail will sneak in under the radar

Fingers crossed....

clogic1

1. Omega PO from Josh. Shipped via EMS China to India. July 30th. Recd Aug 4th. No holdups. No delays. But I know, I just got lucky. Customs is a pain in the A** here...

2. Rolex GMT Master II from WI. Bought Aug 7. Shipped Aug 12. Registered Mail. Still not received as of Aug 24.

baxter

Does anyone else wonder if TM EYE are reading these forums ?

Poppalarge

How do the TDs feel about this? Are they happy to keep sending out order knowing that there is an increased risk of them being seized?

greg_r

How do the TDs feel about this? Are they happy to keep sending out order knowing that there is an increased risk of them being seized?

Worth talking to your dealer when you order. Most will be recommending airmail shipping at the moment, which is a whole lot safer (it still goes through customs, but not these new checks).

greg_r

This thread is making me really nervous! Just my luck that I go on a spending spree as this is happening. Items coming Italy, Sweden, US and Singapore. Fingers crossed.

You should be fine. It's specifically EMS shipments from China that are being targetted at present. From other destinations the checks are a lot less rigorous.

lordsquidgy

Thanks Greg.

As it happens, I did receive an Armani watch in August posted from China via Swiss post without any issues.

overflow

Is Airmail trackable to UK as EMS ? Does Parcelforce manage Airmail too or not ? How many days more or less from chnia to uk ?

Thanks

Edited by overflow

Member X

I think it's safe to assume that TM EYE, customs and the Police in general monitor these sort of forums. TM EYE even say on their website that they will order from a supplier then determine when the item arrives whether they are going to just destroy it and pass info onto the authorities or keep ordering in order to get more 'evidence'.

I honestly wouldn't like to be a Trusted Dealer, how can they ever know whether they are dealing with a genuine person or someone with an ulterior motive?

No way would I accept PP if I was a dealer :lol:

Kwt

I am fully expecting my 2 PAMs have been seized. No letter yet, but stuck for 7 days now. $600 potentially down the friggin drain. Worst bit is they are both presents I have bought display boxes, straps, and all sorts to go with it! Arghhhhhh!!!

Also have a Brietling on order awaiting QC pics from WI. Will either get them to hold On to it for a bit or try airmail as per the other suggestions.

Man that really does suck - I feel your pain. And there is me contemplating a cheapie at less then $100 and even then I would be screwing if it didn't arrive. I hope you get your items.

mykeos

I guess dealers will have to think of alternative ways of packing the goods.I really don't know if customs regularily use X rays and simmilar devices on smaller packages,but here is one idea: since chinese factories offer a really wide range od cheap electronic devices and toys, the reps could be put in such items and shipped to customers.They would probably have to modify the internals of the toys (cars,planes,whatever), so that the head of the watch (seperately wrapped of course) would fit firmly in,let's say somewhere above the toy car's drivetrain.

You would have to disasemble the toy completely if you wanted to get to the watch.Still, no point in doing this if they scan the packages....

overflow

I guess dealers will have to think of alternative ways of packing the goods.I really don't know if customs regularily use X rays and simmilar devices on smaller packages,but here is one idea: since chinese factories offer a really wide range od cheap electronic devices and toys, the reps could be put in such items and shipped to customers.They would probably have to modify the internals of the toys (cars,planes,whatever), so that the head of the watch (seperately wrapped of course) would fit firmly in,let's say somewhere above the toy car's drivetrain.

You would have to disasemble the toy completely if you wanted to get to the watch.Still, no point in doing this if they scan the packages....

some time ago I saw pictures of a TD doing what you are suggesting. Yes the real question is about the x-ray and you have to evaluate the country too because, for example some country request the respect of some rules about object coming from china.

I want to explain.......if you send a toy from china to italy, the toy will be blocked to be checked. The toy will be released by custom just if it is for example compliant to security specifications to prevent incidents to children.....

Since toys coming from china are usually very cheap, they are not compliant ..........so they are seized and destroyed.

Regards

MadeOfCheese

Maybe wrapped in tinfoil inside something solid, like a battery? RC car batteries are a suitable size and ebay is full of them from HK and China:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3S-11-1-V-11-1V-2200MAH-20C-MAX-25C-RC-LIPO-Battery-AKKU-for-450-Helicopter-NEW-/280918413059?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item41680acf03#ht_3402wt_1229

trailboss99

The problem here is yes they use xray and also once you are hiding the item as well as importing contraband goods you are then up on smuggling charges as well (as the item was hidden) which is a LOT more serious.

Mazz

Hiding something like that is probably going to lead to more trouble than it's worth.

MadeOfCheese

The problem here is yes they use xray and also once you are hiding the item as well as importing contraband goods you are then up on smuggling charges as well (as the item was hidden) which is a LOT more serious.

Fair point. Looks like we're back to getting kids to swallow them again then :thumbsup:

mykeos

Hehe, well, we don't wanna get into that,do we. :giggle: Risking criminal prosecutions just to get the rep is really a tad too much.At this point it looks like we'll just have to wait and see...

gB.

Couple years ago Robert sent me a high end rep in this camo packaging, which was opened by Miami customs and still went through. He didn't give me a heads up that he was sending this way, so when I first received it I was like, WTF? What a scammer! Then after a couple minutes I decided to unscrew the back, open it up, and there she was. :lol:

Picture002_vPOST.jpg

Picture004_vPOST.jpg

Miss that guy...

trailboss99

I hope you didn't plug that POS in! :lol:

greg_r

He's still here and not complaining of third-degree burns, so I think it's probably safe to assume he didn't.

I hope for Christ's sake nobody sends one of those to Kink, though :woo:

:D

Mazz

He's still here and not complaining of third-degree burns, so I think it's probably safe to assume he didn't.

I hope for Christ's sake nobody sends one of those to Kink, though :woo:

:D

Well we haven't seen him in a while................

frankieb123

Panerai from Silix posted 12th August arrived in Scotland 17th August. Didn't seem to be any problems.

Was it posted EMS?

Yip

gtwc

I think it's safe to assume that TM EYE, customs and the Police in general monitor these sort of forums. TM EYE even say on their website that they will order from a supplier then determine when the item arrives whether they are going to just destroy it and pass info onto the authorities or keep ordering in order to get more 'evidence'.

I honestly wouldn't like to be a Trusted Dealer, how can they ever know whether they are dealing with a genuine person or someone with an ulterior motive?

No way would I accept PP if I was a dealer :lol:

Good post Member X - it seems that we are fast approaching armageddon (rep style) and I sense a touch of the

Corporal Jones 'don't panic' (Dad's Army for non-UK types) also raising its head.

All this does seem pretty serious - as, I suppose did the Volstead Act which issued in prohibition to our US cousins -

and it lasted 13 effin' years !!

I'm sure that between the mega-brains on here (no naes mentioned - for fear of offending the mini-brains) and the

ingenuity of the TDs, that something will sort itself out within a few months.

I also think that at the moment it's a case of not thinking about importing reps to the UK unless by M2M sales.

Patience chaps - and a stiff upper lip.

:sh_h:

Richyrich

1 AP, 2 Hublots Collected from Customer (Trevor) 26-07-2012. EMS

Received and processed 01-08-2012

Forwarded for UK Processing 23-08-2012.... Out for delivery tomorrow.

Last year I had 10 Rolex boxes stuck in UK Customs for almost 2 months. Never had anything seized, I think that some parcels just get lost in the system for a while.

The parcel arrived this morning with 1 AP, 2 Rolex Bracelets and a Hublot screwdriver. Both Hublots Seized by Customs :sad: