Sign in to follow this  
Cyril_Clunge

Customs seizure thread

DFH

Damn.... sorry to hear this! Did not know that Hublot was on the red-flag list - Hublot is owned by LVMH (Louis Vuitton/Moet/Hennessy) I thought that the real customs heat was on Richemnont Group products...

How much $ are you out?

gtwc

RichyRich : that sucks.

My commiserations.

Looks like a bad time for all of us.

:decapcheer:

Del

Total bummer Richy. :(

Member X

It just seems really odd that they are seizing some but not others... Have they just not heard of the other brands?!

Richyrich

It just seems really odd that they are seizing some but not others... Have they just not heard of the other brands?!

Yer, Who the Fuck is Audemars??? Let that one go through...

myaz

eau de Mars? Must be a new fragrance honoring Curiosity :giggle:

Luthier

Best way is to go to China, and get watches from the hands of the dealer. Double pleasure. Collect some dough, buy 5-7 watches, and don't worry any Customs.

Nobody will search your bags.

:D

mykeos

I

eau de Mars? Must be a new fragrance honoring Curiosity :giggle:

Well, I have two packages at the customs, an AP and a TAG. The latter hs been seized, so now I'm thinking whether I should push my luck and accept the AP or not.They've sent me a request to send the receipt for both watches so they can charge me the VAT.I've only replied regarding TAG and kept silent about the AP.The fact is that they have opened both.I think the tag is much more suspicious than ap,but you never know...

Richyrich

Google search for ' LVMH Brand List ' . Say goodbye to anything you see there...

Cyril_Clunge
Best way is to go to China, and get watches from the hands of the dealer. Double pleasure. Collect some dough, buy 5-7 watches, and don't worry any Customs.

Nobody will search your bags.

:D

Thanks for the offer George, let me know next time you're going and I'll give you a list.

fana05

Has anyone had a Rolex seized? Makes you wonder if this is an unfolding across-the-board crackdown on counterfeit goods or main stakeholders like the Richemont Group demanded a clampdown, which prompted the authorities to ramp up their inspections

Edited by fana05

Cyril_Clunge
Has anyone had a Rolex seized? Makes you wonder if this is an unfolding across-the-board crackdown on counterfeit goods or main stakeholders like the Richmond Group demanded a clampdown, which prompted the authorities to ramp up their inspections

I've got one there now so I'll let you know when I hear something.

fana05
Has anyone had a Rolex seized? Makes you wonder if this is an unfolding across-the-board crackdown on counterfeit goods or main stakeholders like the Richmond Group demanded a clampdown, which prompted the authorities to ramp up their inspections

Ive got one there now so I'll let you know when I hear something.

Much obliged! Let's all collectively believe in the power of positive thinking and hope this is only temporary!!

Richyrich

Ive got one there now so I'll let you know when I hear something.

Much obliged! Let's all collectively believe in the power of positive thinking and hope this is only temporary!!

Once the Olympics are out the way the uk customs won't have all those extra workers to rip opened every parcel coming from China

aksingh

TM Eye will be working on a performance basis and will need to be paid to seize and then store or destroy reps so they wont be doing it just because they recognise a fake, they are doing this for a fee, so Richemont are paying and maybe now LVMH. Its also poss that the Govt have paid them or another company while the Olympics are going on for any fake watch.

Edited by aksingh

Titi4444

Hublot Classic Fusion all black - from Trusty Time (Andrew), ordered Aug 15, Transhipment via UK - EMS courier, since Aug 22 :

22-08-2012 - 09:21 - International Hub - Received and processed

Edited by Titi4444

sherbert79

Hi Guys

Thinking about ordering a TAG Carrera from WI (Mary), I'm an impatient sod and would like to get it on my wrist asap, is there any way in getting the watch through customs? If they do seize it does anything happen to the Buyer? (Im too good looking to go to jail)

Member X

A dealer said to me earlier today that "Guangzhou EMS has stopped shipping to UK now." so the only options now seem to be wait until after the Olympics (and hope the crackdown eases up) or go with Airmail...

HeavyKrush

Curious if shipments from the US to the UK are as heavily scutinized as China packages?

Hazz

got a few from UK this week,,,,so nope

HeavyKrush
Hazz, I meant is it less risky to ship a package from the US to the UK rather than shipping from China to the UK?

trailboss99

Hi Guys

Thinking about ordering a TAG Carrera from WI (Mary), I'm an impatient sod and would like to get it on my wrist asap, is there any way in getting the watch through customs? If they do seize it does anything happen to the Buyer? (Im too good looking to go to jail)

Yes, if you had taken the time to completely read the first post you would know that Airmail is unaffected by all this.

Just make sure your dealer ships by Airmail and NOT EMS.

Hazz
Hazz, I meant is it less risky to ship a package from the US to the UK rather than shipping from China to the UK?

I have had two arrived last week from USA. So seems better.

torobravo

2 from every 10 packages I´ve sent it was seized by the UK customs. It´s a high risk. I will do it through Spain in the future if the problem persists.

fana05

That's one out of every 5 shipments. what brands were seized? is it consistent with the pattern that was established here? Richemont and lv owned brands?