Sign in to follow this  
Cyril_Clunge

Customs seizure thread

scropper

I for one won't be challenging. I work on the premise that I don't order unless I am prepared to lose them. So far we've been spolit by how easy it is to get rep watches into the UK. However, the game has changed, so we need to get used to it, accept we may have lost a battle and find a way (airmail for now, perhaps) to win the next round. Raising your head above the parapet often results in getting shot.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Still in two minds here. If I get the letter asking to destroy, I might try stringing it past the aforementioned 10 day limit with a query as to why they're fake and/or who TM Eye are... Sounds like a zero risk response with a potentially good upside (I get my watches!). Don't think I'll go beyond that though, Conx is right; it's play money and should be viewed as such.

S

KeNnY

Registered airmail is good shipping as well, to some other countries it takes a bit more time to get, but you got tracking in style RR#########HK or CN

aksingh

No tracking (at least none that's useful). Makes no difference to me as I never bother to look at it anyhow. As for re-sending, I suggest you ask your dealer of choice as their policies may differ.

Thanks Greg. Marys site says she will resend for customs problems, nothing on if lost by airmail - but that she 100% guarantees you get your watch, so I hope Mary resends with lost airmail too? Ive emailed her but theyre quite busy now, so if you know anything that would be great in the mean time.

Edited by aksingh

offshore

Guys, also check where your parcel has actually been sent from.

I have had a lot of items which originated in GZ, come out of Hong Kong, ( and been a lot quicker) recently.

Now whether that makes a difference in the UK, it does mean a different arrival point when shipped to Oz.

Which may alter the level of seizure.

Not withstanding the above, it really is up to each person receiving goods to stand up and be counted....help your fellow members by each person complaining, and making life as difficult as possible for those who would steal your property.

And PLEASE, don't fall back to asking your dealers to cover your losses..that will only happen for a short time....and then you will find you don't have a dealer to look to anyway.

These people in the main are one man operations...they can't just keep supplying new watches when there are customs seizures! They will soon not be around... so it really falls onto the shoulders of the buyers to take some action to overcome this problem.

Baldrick has shown you the way...don't be pussies...the best method of defence is attack!

offshore

trailboss99

^ werd

Krispee

So is the best way to get a Rep via airmail? I would imagine that is a costly process and do the likes of WI do this kind of service? Im ready to order my new Rep but I dont know if I can wait until after the olypics in the hope that things get a bit more relaxed on the customs front?

PS Excuse my ignorance but what is AP??

S

well it does appear that even the suppliers are advising to send Airmail, i have to send my watch back and they told me to ignore EMS or any other such service, but use only Airmail.....

AP is Audemars Piguet...

Kris

So you received your watch, now you have to send it back through airmail and next???

not sure i understand you Onzenuub....i have to send it back because my watch has broken, the stem broke while i was winding it, which was rather annoying, but anyway, Josh told me to send it back via airmail because there were problems using EMS and such at chinese customs.....

Kris

LondonBB

I recently had to send a defective watch back to Josh by airmail. He suggests that method as opposed to EMS because its less likely to get liberated his end by unscrupulous types. In any case, from the UK to send back by Priority (effectively EMS) was £50 and not really practical. The watch I sent back got there but took three weeks to arrive, seemingly.

As for the current worrying trend re customs seizures in the UK, hopefully this will reduce once the Games are over as, unless I'm missing something, someone has to pay for the extra staff/effort to check all these packages and I don't see how this can be recouped by the government in any form.

I'm thinking of getting another watch but will risk asking it to be sent by Airmail rather than EMS as l'd be pretty pissed off if it gets nabbed by the Revenue men as a matter of principle, not just financial loss. Airmail is cheaper suggesting it contains less valuable items than EMS so less likely to be checked, if at all. If it did get nabbed by the customs, though, I'd have to accept the loss and not expect the vendor to re-supply.

Baldrick
I'd have to accept the loss and not expect the vendor to re-supply.

Thank you for that last comment LBB, it's time that members adopted a similar attitude, it is not the SOLE responsibility of the supplier to indemnify you at all costs, regardless, the consumer has to accept that there is risk in all these situations, if they want to avoid the risk, the only sure way is to purchase genuine.

I for one would like to see an acroos the board policy from ALL dealers that, in the event of...

1. Customs seizure in the port of despatch ( China / Thailand etc )....they will carry the responsibility for re-supply.

2. Customs seizure in the port of destination ( US / UK / EU / AU etc )...YOU the customer accepts the loss.

3. Postal theft....that both parties reach a financial agreement regarding replacement.

What this would do for our HOBBY....is drive away the casual.." I just wanna buy a Sub'...members and leave only the truly committed ones.

Hazz
I'd have to accept the loss and not expect the vendor to re-supply.

Thank you for that last comment LBB, it's time that members adopted a similar attitude, it is not the SOLE responsibility of the supplier to indemnify you at all costs, regardless, the consumer has to accept that there is risk in all these situations, if they want to avoid the risk, the only sure way is to purchase genuine.

Totall agree, it was a different story, when customs was not such a big issue in the UK and the TD's very rarely had to refund or send out again at their own expense. But now that we all know the risks are greater, we should all just take our chances, or stop buying reps.

fana05

Did anyone have anything delivered this week? My shipment was handed over to customs two nights ago. A previous shipment spent a day in customs and was released the next day before noon. It's around the same time now it was back then but the status hasn't changed yet and I anticipate a significant delay now given the recent developments.. It's neither a richemont-nor lv- owned brand. Fingers crossed

dynne

I'm not UK based, but I wonder - does anyone know if WI still stand by this statement regarding customers in the UK, or anywhere else? :

"For watches be seized by custom, I replace watch or offer full refund for some time already, but seems not everyone knows it,

So, I announce it loud and clear - Watchinternational offers new watch or full refund, if your watch was seized by Custom.

Thank you all for your orders!

Watch-international"

Found in this thread: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=5322

narikaa

I wonder Baldy if you can recall a certain dealer ;) of times gone by, who, without the soft cushion of absolution from prosecution in a consumer cosseted nanny state manned up and resolved a large customs issue on his own?

Whereby faced with the seizure of some score or more Swiss ETA reps by the kindly forces of the Royal Thai Customs, braved the 'tiger in its cage' and marched himself into their headquarters and had a sit down with the man in charge. No mean feat when the outcome had no predetermined course (could have ended up with a split skull and shackles ).

By contrast what do we have here...

across the length and breadth of the world wide web

throughout a triumvirate of fora

nought but endemic cowardice

not one soul with sufficient Chutzpah to lick a damned stamp

:(

Cyril_Clunge

Well my package finally appears to have cleared customs. If when it arrives tomorrow a watch has been seized, I will, on receipt of the letter informing me so, write back and challenge the seizure, I'm quite happy to be the guinea pig.

If I am lucky enough to have received both my watches, I will donate £200 to the first VIP member who does challenge such a seizure and incurs legal costs as a result.

aksingh

Bravo Cyril! Dunkirk is back baby!

trailboss99

I'm not UK based, but I wonder - does anyone know if WI still stand by this statement regarding customers in the UK, or anywhere else? :

"For watches be seized by custom, I replace watch or offer full refund for some time already, but seems not everyone knows it,

So, I announce it loud and clear - Watchinternational offers new watch or full refund, if your watch was seized by Custom.

Thank you all for your orders!

Watch-international"

Found in this thread: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...?showtopic=5322

Well since it's there in black and white and (AFIK) has not been publicly recanted they had best stand by it!

Baldrick

I do indeed remember the dealer in question ')

IIRC, he received a notification from Thai Customs ( an entirely different animal from UK Customs ).....that 18 Swiss ETA Planet Oceans had been seized,..... with no fear, as you say he arranged an appointment with no less than the Head of the Department at Don Muang Customs & Immigration offices, knowing not what terrors awaited him, he marched in and sprang those orange beauties from the cells. forthwith and without fear....I think he went on to establish a clothing empire..based around t-shirts and hats with the declaration NO FEAR.... :rofl:

IIRC correctly, a certain other 'fearless' Thai based dealer waited in the car for him :D

There's a few stamp-lickers here,,,, I know that for fact...not so sure about some of the others tho'...especially over on that RWI forum. there are some prize cokynuts over there... ;)

Dssd

My two rolexes have been in customs (Cov) for 9 days :(

Amit

The customs guys probably using them to jerk off with, give em a few more days...you'll have them on your wrists.

Pmcclean18

The customs guys probably using them to jerk off with, give em a few more days...you'll have them on your wrists.

At least the bracelets will be nice and smooth! Probably better than WD40...

4spd

Hi just to give an update

A hyslek received yesterday and a Rolex Daytona rose gold in the same package.

Still waiting for 2 Rolex which have been in Coventry since the 22nd. Fingers crossed

4spd

Has anybody rung parcelforce at Coventry and asked what is going on as mine says recieved and procesed since the 22nd.

If asked do you think I say that they where sent for refurb or something ????

solkryssare

US to UK seems to be all right. My TC Sub got through :)

Member X

Has anybody rung parcelforce at Coventry and asked what is going on as mine says recieved and procesed since the 22nd.

Personally speaking, I wouldn't rock the boat... They'll be delivered or seized soon enough!

Del

Yes, they are fucking useless. If the package is with Customs then can't do anything and can't tell you when it will come out again (if ever). Mine has been there since 7th August.......

Vector

Yellow dial Seawolf arrived safely yesterday by airmail . 8 days from posting to wrist :)