Sign in to follow this  
Cyril_Clunge

Customs seizure thread

stiltzkin

I did call PF on Friday... Went somthing like this...

Got a package which hasn't had a tracking update for over two weeks, can I have an update please?

It's with customs, there's a bit of a backlog, but it's likely your package will be seized.

Ummm, what? On what basis? Are they randomly seizing packages or somthing?

Where is the package from? Oh I can see from china...

Yes

Well what is in the package, is it a handbag or wallet or watch or somthing like that?

(so close to responding, no it's an XL anal vibrator)

It's a sports timing device

Oh, we'll you can call them directly with you tracking number... Yada, yada, blah blah

The thing that struck me was that from the very out set she was of the opinion that it would be seized, so I presume there's already a flag against the airway bill number of the package OR the fact it's stuck in Coventry is enough for the call centre to presume its been seized.

Either way, still not had my letter.

Pmcclean18

Dammit. Problem I now have is that I have 2 being held since the 20th, assuming seized, but can't do anything with the TD until I get the letter, and both watches are from N Factory which appears to be closed (WI just refunded me as they can't get anything from them). Bad time to be in the rep hobby in the UK it seems!

Baldrick

I would try to find out which Customs hall has it, then call them direct, remember they only have the power to seize, after that it's down to the agent for a letter.....on the OFF-CHANCE that the agent doesn't get a letter out to you and Customs destroy BEFORE ANY COMMS TO YOU, , they're effectively violating YOUR rights, it may serve to remind them of the process they MUST follow.

I know that might sound 'ballsy' to some, but it's your RIGHT...enshrined within the EU regulation.

PAB

I feel for you guys with packages stuck at Coventry.

Luckily I only had a cheapie on it's way when this all flared up, and it got through.

Will be waiting a while to see what happens before my next order. (chance to save for that Seawolf)

lear2003

omega posted 19th received 22nd from Silix.

Was it posted EMS?

DHL Express, cost $40 but worth it for quick delivery

micscave

omega posted 19th received 22nd from Silix.

Was it posted EMS?

DHL Express, cost $40 but worth it for quick delivery

Same here from Toro using DHL Express, posted Monday 27/08/2012 received Thursday 30/08/2012. Top service. I think I'm going to switch to this from now on as it's so quick.

Member X

Only issue with DHL is possible risk of VAT/import taxes, isn't there?

I got stung on one from BK but another one got through ok.

greg_r

Varies from country to country. They're a nightmare in the UK, not so bad elsewhere, apparently...

conx

Yep, I have been stung on several occasions by DHL/Fedex for some fairly low value items. By the time they add their "Admin" fee it works out a lot of dosh.

narikaa

DHL et all can carry on as they do because of their 'cosy' arrangement with customs

In that using national 'Post Office' type conveyors any time customs wants to raise charges then they have to do all the running. With DHL etc they do it all for them from the get go (often levying fees to you the recipient long after you've had your goods :( ). Compounded with the fact that in counterfeit 'hot spots' they are at customs' behest obliged to check contents before packets are sealed too.

Pmcclean18

I am getting pissed off with this now so phoned Coventry this morning. Was told that my package is 'in recovery' with customs because there is 'probably a paperwork problem'. Been stuck since the 20th (not as long as some I know, but still). Asked how long it should take for them to contact me if there is an issue and they said 3-4 weeks once verified as being a problem. I asked he long it takes to verify if there is a problem and he said 'as long as it takes I suppose'.

So, I am tempted to just order my watches again and take the hit ($600 - ouch).

I don't mind getting caught as part of the game, it's the complete lack of contact driving me nuts. If I had a letter at least i would know I could discuss options with the TD. Grrrrrrrrrr

rusky27

+100

greg_r

I am getting pissed off with this now so phoned Coventry this morning. Was told that my package is 'in recovery' with customs because there is 'probably a paperwork problem'. Been stuck since the 20th (not as long as some I know, but still). Asked how long it should take for them to contact me if there is an issue and they said 3-4 weeks once verified as being a problem. I asked he long it takes to verify if there is a problem and he said 'as long as it takes I suppose'.

So, I am tempted to just order my watches again and take the hit ($600 - ouch).

I don't mind getting caught as part of the game, it's the complete lack of contact driving me nuts. If I had a letter at least i would know I could discuss options with the TD. Grrrrrrrrrr

Yeah - the wait for the letter is the worst bit. Seems to average 4 to 6 weeks from my own experience and reports from others...

Baldrick

You're gonna have to be patient...or else become a PATIENT.......take a chill pill, nobody's got cancer, had a stroke or in an ICU unit or anything, it's just a game. sometimes you just have to play the game, but wisely, spending another $600 bucks is not the smart thing to do, ( think of the GOOD you could do with that extra 600 you're going to frizzle away ).....i won't lecture you on starving children or anything...but....take a little time....smoke a little weed...do a little dance...make a little love...do anything but fret over what is essentially nothing.....dam sabai.... ;)

Olig7475

A wise man speaketh!

Member X

If you are desperate to spend $600, send it to me ;)

rusky27

@ Baldrick ......Aye true

narikaa

But

If you were to get hyper psyched go around to those directors dwellings and go all Ghengis Khan on them Im sure we'll front up all the reps you desire

;)

Member X

Should we be encouraging assassination on here?

:unsure:

:lol:

narikaa

Ghengis was waaaay beyond mere assassination

;)

964boy

Possibly not. But a good doing should be OK :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Del

My package has been in the UK since 7th August and hasn't tracked since 9th August - it'll be a month by the end of the week. I too wish they would just tell me if it's been seized or not but there is nothing much to be done except wait.

I agree that the waiting is a killer though.....:frusty:

(Not to mention spending $350+ without anything to show for it 6 weeks later.......:rolleyes: I'll not be reordering while I wait though - that is rather silly IMHO.)

rusky27

Im ordering from bk and getting it shipped to NYC at the inlaws for me to collect when i visit for my holidays in November

Not a cheap option but kills two birds with one stone

FFog

Got a note/package with my pam from josh yesterday, a return. It was posted two weeks ago via Other Carrier, during which it couldn't be found on the royal mail website, though it had on china tracking. It hadn't been opened my cursetoms.

Came home today to another note through the door, package from narikaa arrived via Other Carrier, ordered five days ago. :stars:

I'll pick it up in the morning...

Edited by FFog

Richyrich

I think it would be good to use the term 'Other Carrier' instead of 'Airmail' for our updates. Our friends at Customs are no doubt doing some snooping on the forums.

Give them as little info as possible!