Member X

Watches spotted this week

dingle
This week?

1x Submariner - black + SS

1x Submariner - black + gold

1x Bvlgari Chronograph

1x Patek Phillipe Nautilus

Those are ones that I recognized...I'm sure there were others.

WOW!!! PSOC....those last 2 are heavy hitters. Were did you see those at? Were they gens?

fakemaster

Amazing how many think most of the watches they see are reps. Seems i heard that somewhere.

10:10 Watch Repair
Amazing how many think most of the watches they see are reps. Seems i heard that somewhere.

Hanging out with someone from Omega?

AllergyDoc

Guy had one of the newer, larger Invicta TT's on. Looked shinier than most reps.

houndoggie

My good friend has a hand me down all gold with black dial/diamond markers datejust but he has been wearing his new 2 tone blue dial Cerachrome Sub a lot lately..(damn nice too!) so I see those quite often. Out to dinner last week and a guy at the bar had a 2 tone datejust with black dial. I'd say 95% of the nice watches I see are Rolex.

PatronSaintofChainsaws
This week?

1x Submariner - black + SS

1x Submariner - black + gold

1x Bvlgari Chronograph

1x Patek Phillipe Nautilus

Those are ones that I recognized...I'm sure there were others.

WOW!!! PSOC....those last 2 are heavy hitters. Were did you see those at? Were they gens?

My office is in Beverly Hills, so your guess is as good as mine :beer: I believe most that I see are gen, due to the location and clientele.

Luckily, I get to see awesome pieces out here all the time. I've seen a couple of HBBs and a couple of AP ROOs recently, two newer-style PP Aquanauts, and I even saw a ladies AP Royal Oak. I could have sworn that I spotted a Reverso a while back, but couldn't get close enough to verify it. While I was at the mall earlier tonight, I spotted a U-Boat Left Hook.

We're awash in standard Rolexes, Cartiers, etc. so they barely register anymore.

fakemaster
Never ever seen anyone wearing a PAM. And I live in a town with 250,000.

I often say there are certain watches that only rep guys are fascinated with. Pams are definitely one of them.

trailboss99

A Rado yesterday and the soldier on the 'plane next to OS and myself coming back from Sydney had a lovely FG Seiko divers from the late 60s.

Real nice and rare piece, was his grand dad's origenaly. And yes, he wears a Gshock most of the time. The OZ army issue them.

Col.

greg_r
Never ever seen anyone wearing a PAM. And I live in a town with 250,000.

I often say there are certain watches that only rep guys are fascinated with. Pams are definitely one of them.

Not quite. There are certain brands that, as a rule, only real watch enthusiasts go for - largely because they're fairly obscure and don't have much of a high street presence. Panerai are certainly one of those; you can probably say the same for Ebel, Parmigiani, maybe Franck Muller and a few others. The general well-heeled shopping public have never heard of 'em. Conversely, Rolex, Breitling, Omega and Tag are everywhere.

prestigewatchco

Had lunch with an old pal of mine in the week both he and his wife had on Patek Nautilus in 18kt yellow gold.

100% Gen he has had them for years bought them both in New York the day after black Friday at the stock exchange they were brand new and cost $45k about a week before he gave $12K for the pair

trailboss99

Score!

12k for a pair of gold Pataks? How could you go wrong?

Col.

AustinTech

Saw a fat guy with a PO on yesterday. It looking like it was cutting off the circulation to his hand, it was on so tight.

prestigewatchco
Score!

12k for a pair of gold Pataks? How could you go wrong?

Col.

Yes Col he is the wrong sort to pay too much

If they weren't cheap he would have not bought them. They actually got sold for $10K to a pal of his with a jewelery shop in New York and he gave him $2k profit on the day

fakemaster

Exactly my point. The reason it is so funny is because the most anal rep guys are PAM owners. They spend more money modding than anyone for fear of getting called out on a canon pin. But no one knows what the hell they are. In a good year Panerai barely breaks 30,000 pieces to cover a planet with 6 billion people on it. Half of those are sold in Europe. The rest Stallone and Arnold own.

As far as Breitlings go no one is spotting them either. At least not the models we drool over. When I show someone a Superocean I get a 'huh' or 'what is that'.

greg_r
Exactly my point. The reason it is so funny is because the most anal rep guys are PAM owners. They spend more money modding than anyone for fear of getting called out on a canon pin. But no one knows what the hell they are. In a good year Panerai barely breaks 30,000 pieces to cover a planet with 6 billion people on it. Half of those are sold in Europe. The rest Stallone and Arnold own.

As far as Breitlings go no one is spotting them either. At least not the models we drool over. When I show someone a Superocean I get a 'huh' or 'what is that'.

hehe - I take your point. I'm a major Panerai nut, but I'll confess that I'm not anal enough to worry about getting 'called out'. Hardly anybody knows what the hell they are anyhow.. A pal of mine has a couple of gen PAMs, but he always goes a little green when he sees my latest rep (his jaw hit the floor when I got my 288) :huh:

The only time I ever got questioned on one of my watches (i.e. "is that real"), was when I was wearing a Rolex - and it wouldn't have made any difference if it had been a gen. :Whistle: Overall, I agree with the line in your sig...

Member X

I have only ever seen one PAM out and about and it did look nice and shiny lol but I just can't justify £3k+ on a 6497 handwind watch... Yes, they do lots of testing and have good QC, but just No!!!

Annoying thing of this festive season was seeing a bloke walk into the jewellery store I was in ask to look at a chrono Omega PO, black bezel. Half price - £1650, down from around £3300. I hadn't even spotted it due to the stupidly small Sale stickers!

He just went "is it one of the ones you have to change the time on once a month?" before going, "yeah, I'll take it" in the space of about a minute! Didn't even seem fussed about spending that money!

Damn him :lol:

Good things are wasted on those with money but no appreciation of the finer things...

P_Diddy

which jewellers was this?

I have only ever seen one PAM out and about and it did look nice and shiny lol but I just can't justify £3k+ on a 6497 handwind watch... Yes, they do lots of testing and have good QC, but just No!!!

Annoying thing of this festive season was seeing a bloke walk into the jewellery store I was in ask to look at a chrono Omega PO, black bezel. Half price - £1650, down from around £3300. I hadn't even spotted it due to the stupidly small Sale stickers!

He just went "is it one of the ones you have to change the time on once a month?" before going, "yeah, I'll take it" in the space of about a minute! Didn't even seem fussed about spending that money!

Damn him :(

Good things are wasted on those with money but no appreciation of the finer things...

KBH

My wife and I were out at a local diner/pub kind of place sitting at the bar having dinner and I was sitting at the bar next to an older guy that was wearing a vintage Sea Dweller from the 70's. I asked if I could look at it and he let me salivate all over it for a while.

I wiped the drool off it and when I reluctantly gave it back I offered him $4000 cash and the bastard turned me down.

I've gone to a couple of golf tournaments lately since my wife gets free passes to anything PGA and it's amazing how many Rolexes you see. Mostly DJs and Subs. Also many of the women are sporting the ceramic Chanel J12s and DJs.

greg_r

I just saw this gay Viking mugging some poor eBay seller for a Longines.... :(

dingle
I just saw this gay Viking mugging some poor eBay seller for a Longines.... :(

:rofl: post of the week!

greg_r

*takes a bow* :(

dingle
*takes a bow* :(

be careful taking a bow around kinky............:rofl:

greg_r

:)

I don't think Kinky has spotted it yet :)

Member X

This was a Goldsmiths I think - but I've been in a couple of them in different towns and there seems to be no clear reduction policy, just the shops reducing what they've got excess stock of!

which jewellers was this?

Damn him :)

dingle
:)

I don't think Kinky has spotted it yet :sconehead:

slow he is...:yoda:.....:D