Sign in to follow this  
peisistratos11

PAM 243 noob V2 Vs Genuine...?

peisistratos11

Hey there.

I came through several posts examining pam 243 H against N factory (the majority leaning towards the N factory)...so...i finaly pulled the triger.

Now...i have to say i've got mixed feelings about the piece. Inarguably a "solid" piece (to say the least) though i'm not quite certain as to why it is being characterised a super-rep.

I claim to be no expert but i thought the engraving was suposed to account for 500 pieces (i.e. read xxx/500) whereas this one reads 158/300.

Further to this, i've spot a tiny piece of fiber on the dial.

Both of them nothing major or immediately identifiable, however appart from these, the watch gives me a wrong feeling in terms of quality. Nothing major but i'm growing curious to inspect it properly.

Again...i'm no expert but rather curious...so i was wondering whether anyone came across a review/comparison to the real thing.

Thanks in advance.

P.

kolchak

I wouldn't know or care what #'s are stamped / engraved on my rep cases and have come to expect a tiny Asian pube on the dial (sometimes on the Asian movement under the hood) but understand your point about "feeling" quality. I don't have a 243 so can't comment on its feel, but it certainly looks the part.

All my keepers "feel" quality when worn - SOH's, AP diver V3, cartier santos, most recent N/H factory pams, etc.

Check one of the larger fora for a 243 comparison

jeffw69

Easy solution man: buy the gen and do a side by side review. :P:

10:10 Watch Repair

Getting a watch perfect costs a lot of money. If you can't live with 99% then reps are not for you.

peisistratos11

I suppose buying the Gen should do the trick.

And don't misunderstand me...the watch is OK, could certainly leave with it; it just doen't feel the same quality as my other reps (PAM 26, 111) .

The thing is i got intrigued with the rep species and want to be able to have a more educated examination to spot "tells", hence my earlier inquiry. If it happens to fall short...i wouldn't mind at all.

Anyway...I'll keep looking.

If any of you guys comes accross a review/comparison to the real thing...be a good sport and post it.

Regards

allex

My noob 243 V2 from WI says 249/500 no pubes

Edited by allex

peisistratos11

Good to know.

Thanks for sharing mate...

Hazz

mine L060/500

1littlegreen

I suppose buying the Gen should do the trick.

And don't misunderstand me...the watch is OK, could certainly leave with it; it just doen't feel the same quality as my other reps (PAM 26, 111) .

The thing is i got intrigued with the rep species and want to be able to have a more educated examination to spot "tells", hence my earlier inquiry. If it happens to fall short...i wouldn't mind at all.

Anyway...I'll keep looking.

If any of you guys comes accross a review/comparison to the real thing...be a good sport and post it.

Regards

@peisistratos,

Here's a couple that have really helped me as I am a complete noob on Pams (honest).

http://www.paneraisource.com/

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/reference-pam-review-107365.html

Hope this helps

Kev

HeavyKrush

I claim to be no expert but i thought the engraving was suposed to account for 500 pieces (i.e. read xxx/500) whereas this one reads 158/300.

I believe Panerai only made 300 "M" versions and 500 "L" versions. I'll see if I can dig up a reference, but what's your complete production number?

dalboy

I see loads of comments ..!!

But an absence of pictures ..they would make the difference in comparison,wouldnt you say..

Dal.................

HeavyKrush
I see loads of comments ..!!

But an absence of pictures ..they would make the difference in comparison,wouldnt you say..

Dal.................

+1. True that Dal.

1littlegreen

+1 Dal...

houndoggie

it's the best PAM submersible rep ever made. It is a super rep, fiber on the dial or not.

daymeeyan

I have a 243 M series from Noob. I think it really well made. No pubes on mine.

I've held a gen, not side by side, and I think this is pretty damn accurate. I guess the real test is to do a real side by side comparison.

emmune

You could get that fiber removed if it's bugging you. This rep is amazing imo, and I can't really tell it from gen. The only "tell" I've heard of is that the polish steal on the edge of the bezel goes abit higher up on the gen.

psarid

I've held a gen, not side by side, and I think this is pretty damn accurate. I guess the real test is to do a real side by side comparison.

what are pubes?

houndoggie

what are pubes?

:lmao2:

Indywatchguy

Hey there.

I came through several posts examining pam 243 H against N factory (the majority leaning towards the N factory)...so...i finaly pulled the triger.

Now...i have to say i've got mixed feelings about the piece. Inarguably a "solid" piece (to say the least) though i'm not quite certain as to why it is being characterised a super-rep.

Further to this, i've spot a tiny piece of fiber on the dial.

Both of them nothing major or immediately identifiable, however appart from these, the watch gives me a wrong feeling in terms of quality. Nothing major but i'm growing curious to inspect it properly.

Again...i'm no expert but rather curious...so i was wondering whether anyone came across a review/comparison to the real thing.

Thanks in advance.

P.

Sometimes gen watches especially Rolex are notorious for having fibers, dust etc under the crystal or on the dial. It's not common but does happen. QC is much higher thats why you pay the high prices however at the end of the day be it rep or gen they are all still watches put together by humans...subject to err.

Edited by Indywatchguy

claude

what are pubes?

Pubes = pubian hair :)