Sign in to follow this  
Teddyfigo

Vapours in the watch under the crystal glass

Teddyfigo

I have this problem ever since After I lume my watch , now it's appears when I'm in a air conditioning room or when it's raining , before this when I open it & close it back it's fine but now just happen over & over again after I open it & wipe the vapours .pls help ,should let it lie in the sun for a while ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cvp3

Put mine in a tupperware bowl full of rice with the case back off. Buried it to even with the rice. Left if for 3 days and now all is well.

gnungsfsd

Unless you are a scuba diver and own one of those fancy waterproof watches designed for diving, you probably have faced the task of removing condensation from your watch. Perhaps you submerged it in response to your toddler's screams at the sight of her favorite stuffed animal bobbing along in a stream, or maybe you simply forget to remove it before taking a shower. Unless the watch was submerged for hours, removing the condensation is likely to restore your watch to working order.

Step 1

Remove the back of the watch by gently prying it free with a small screwdriver to let it air out and allow water vapor to escape. Check that your watch is not under warranty before removing the back, as this will void the warranty.

Step 2

Use a blow dryer set on the low setting to gently blow warm air into the watch. Use a sweeping motion to avoid damage from the force of a direct stream of moving air.

Step 3

Place the watch in a warm, dry area to complete the drying process. A sunny windowsill or the top of a water heater will provide enough heat to clear any remaining water vapor in the watch.

Step 4

Allow to set for 24 hours and replace the back of the watch.

ingredients

Small screwdriver or eyeglass repair kit

Blow dryer

tips

Try placing the watch in a box or food storage bag filled with uncooked rice and letting it sit for 24 hours. The rice will absorb the moisture from the watch.

warnings

Do not try to repair the watch if it is still under warranty. Take it to the appropriate servicing center for repair.

Teddyfigo

You guys a gents & scholars , I really appreciate this advice, mine it's Pam 127 so I hope it's easier to do it , many thanks & cheers guys , no wonder I love this site !!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RichardMiami

I have a cheapie Cartier Santos that does this a lot.. especially when I sweat a lot - it fogs up on the inside. It has done this dozens of times.

It means nothing. I simply take the watch off when I am done wearing it, and put it in the box. In a day or so, it is back to normal. No rice, no hairblowers, no nothing.

I checked it once and there is no seal on the caseback.. so moisture gets in all the time. It is a quartz, and you would think the electronics would get affected somehow. But no. They are fine. It has been happening for two years, and I stopped caring a long time ago.