Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Brand new member -- odd watches

Beowulf

Hello from Texas. I've always been fascinated with unique and odd watches; mostly ones that don't have the standard two hands. Single hands or multiple complications intrique me. A Motivational speaker once said something that is too true:

When you see someone look at their watch, immediately ask them the time. 99 times out of 100 they'll look again before they tell you. Why? Because they really don't truly "look". I like watches that make you stop and really look at it to read the time.

I have a couple of interesting Stauer watches, and I am always looking for interesting replicas (Glashutte, Kenmar, etc.), but I don't want to get sucked into a scam.

Where is a good place to start on this forum?

Thanks!!

Beowulf

Mazz

Welcome aboard

Be sure to visit the museum for some unique watches

ron76

Hi and welcome, check the Trusted Dealer section they can get you everything that is repped.

RichardMiami

Hello and welcome.

If you are interested in unique and "non-standard" watches, you will need to do some digging, but you will certainly find like minded folks here. The watch in my signature is a Bvlgari Octo.... here are some pics for you. Is this what you have in mind?

BulgariOcto.jpg

CameraZOOM-20111223104719799.jpg

dalboy

Welcome to the forum ..

Best place to start !!!!..........Read the new members section ..and stick to our trusted dealers for your orders..no probs that way..

Good luck in your hunt

Dal..........

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ dobry, and Welcome.

The best advice most people here will give is to buy only from the Trusted Dealers because they are trusted and they deal in watches!

This place may well cost you a lot of money but stick with the trusted dealers and you will get a lot for that money.

And read, read , read - its all in the threads

ENJOY.

Beowulf

Thanks, all! Richard, I'm looking for watches just like that!

Here's the other thing... I clearly do not have the income to support a genuine name-brand watch habit. Obviously, we're talking replicas, "tributes", knock-offs, what-have-you.

I just like the interesting. Watches that make you look twice. When you're in outside sales like myself, anything to open the doors to communication is helpful, and why not a watch?

Beowulf

Granted, that's obviously why I'm here!

God, I'm being a dumb-ass today. Last day of the month, sales, need I say more? I'm brain-dead.

RichardMiami

Wulfie - You have chosen a difficult path, but one with rewards... my suggestion is to go "watch shopping" amongst the GENS. Find the exact watches you want and grab good pics of them. Sites like http://www.watchprosite.com/ -- http://forums.watchuseek.com/forum.php - and http://www.jomashop.com/ will get you started on the right path, but there are MANY MANY more.

Once you have some pics of some watches you want, send them to the Trusted Dealers.... the link is on every page here http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=60 and ask them if they can source the watch for you.

Rule Number One - especially for these special kinds of watches - is BE PATIENT. You are going to have to search and work for them. If you want Rolexes and Panerais and Omegas, they are easy to get as reps of them are VERY common. The specialty kinds of watches, like my Bvlgari, are much harder to get.

Let me know if you have any questions. PM me if you prefer.

fatarms

Welcome, bud.

I'm getting married to a girl from Killeen here in about a year. Been to TX many times, nice place to visit. :P

Beowulf

Thanks again, Richard. I've actually been collecting pictures in a photo album on my phone (my "dream" watches).

But I will start there.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum. I may not know a lot of the "watch community" terminology, but I know what I like when it comes to watches.

Fat, after living in the Dallas/Fort Worth area for almost 40 years, I don't think I've ever purposely been to Killeen. Unless just driving through. But you can't go wrong marrying a Texas girl!

conx

Welcome to our merry band of mad watch nuts :)

YoungGPS

animated_gif_3d_028.gif

and

animierte-gifs-image_welcome_spinning.gif

Enjoy hunting with our TD's!

Franck Muller Crazy Hours is also unique.

IMG_0863.jpg