Sign in to follow this  
sfa437

New Vintage Omega SM 300

sfa437

Well finally got around to snapping some pics of the vintage Omega Seamaster 300 I stole... oops bought... from Nembo on RG.

Transaction went as smoothly as you would expect and I got my new baby in 3 days from when I kicked out the PP. It took me about as long to get through the bubble wrap as it took to get here :D

First impression was COOOOOOOOL :cool: It definitely has a look that reminds me of older military watches (60's). With that in mind I decided to do some photos with some older camo and a Korean War vintage KaBar that belonged to my father. Quite appropriate for this watch- it just fit the theme so well.

Well on to the pics.....

Overall photo: Nice medium sized case, cool dial but I am going to replace the slightly chintzy NATO strap it came on with one from Gnomon

100_2117.jpg

Dial closeups: Not up to Novesh's standards but not too shabby. Crystal is slightly domed plexi.

100_2114.jpg

100_2123.jpg

Case shots:

100_2119.jpg

100_2120.jpg

Caseback: Engraving is quite nice and caseback is mirror polished (gonna work on that ;))

100_2122.jpg

Crown & Bezel: Quite nicely executed- sharp Omega logo and teeth on the crown. Very nicely done coin edge bezel with clean square cuts!

100_2121.jpg

Lume Shot: Quite nice with a grainy vinatge look to it. Uncharged is a creamy yellowish/white with a nice greenish/yellow glow. This pic was after a 10 second exposure to a flourescent bulb

100_2127.jpg

And of course we gotta have the wristie:

100_2126.jpg

Overall this one is quite a nice watch!

My sole gripe (which are minor indeed) is the NATO strap isn't the best.

Keep in mind that if you are going to pull the trigger on this one it is built VERY similar to military watches form the 60's & 70's. The bezel clicks are a tad tinny and it is a smaller case than what we're used to with PAMs, 45.5 UPOs and Breitlings.

If you are looking for a nice period watch that's pretty damn good out of the box though this one is a must have.

Massimo

It looks very nice indeed. The only thing is the "newness", especially the back, but it sounds like that's going to get sorted out.

For me this is the last watch I'd think was a fake, based on the model I mean. Congrats.

jmd33

One of my favorites!!!

Thanks for the pics!

KinCaidk

Damned cool watch mate!

What is the case? 37mm?

houndoggie

I got dibs when you sell it..... Seriously!

Things I would do:

Beat it up.

Bake the dial and hands to age the lume

Beat it up more.

sfa437

According to Andrew's site it's 43mm but wears like a 39. VERY slim profile and a lot of bezel makes it appear and feel a lot smaller.

On tap for this baby...

Bezel Aging

Dial aging

Tossing the case into a bottle full of rocks and putting it thru the spin cycle :lol:

KBH

Love that one. Could be my next watch purchase. Or, you could just sell it to me next week when you get tired of it.

Silverspeed

To be honest I never understood the whole vintage thing....but this looks great!!

KBH
To be honest I never understood the whole vintage thing....but this looks great!!

It'll make more sense when your more vintage! :)

I like vintage pieces because people are more likely not to wonder if it's a rep. Especially if you're old enough to have bought it when it was new.

Member X

I like that, first time I've seen some decent pictures of that model :beer:

Definitely needs some vintagising though!

dingle

dat's purdy, me likey. :thumbsup:

sfa437

Thanks gents :Monkey:

It really is a very cool watch and not off my wrist that often lately.

It's going to get a mild vintage makeover and now I'm debating between a Gnomon Zulu/NATO or a nice leather strap. Nothing fancy- probably a simple black leather one fitting the period.

P_Diddy

what does the rep Vintage Omega SM300 sell for approx these days