Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

Another T foot-in-mouth comment at RepGeek

JohnG

A couple of weeks ago it was Gordon (Nightwatch) - T insulted him and told him his Angelus 190 in an Egi project was a "sacrilege" - and then got angry when people told him to stop thread crapping.

Then yesterday he insulted another member - Okabum - calling him a plagiarist and a liar, said Okablum "copied" his vintage molnija hands design...

I have no problem if someone copy my ideas or my projects. This is a rep site... isn´t this?

but i will not realise any more projects in the future... i am sure other people will step in. I will sell all what i have on stock and than i will be out... no more crowns, hands or movements... and the "CG project" and the "Angelus non-alarm bridge project" will close. May someone else can do it.... and i will wait when this guys has all the work and finished the projects after a long period... and than will copy him to make easy money

I wouldn´t have any problem if okabum would produce different hands design... but why he produce the models i had produce???? It exist 10 more designs (Ross hands guide).... would he produce one of the other hands design... i was very happy about this and would buy some from him.. we would have than 4 different models and this would help the community...

hey dude... look at his picture... not only his hands are a copy... his picture is it too... looks like a copy of my hands picture. Funny.

http://repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=89213&page=2

The crap-on-Nightwatch posts from a couple of weeks ago:

the Cortebert 616/620 are the same base like rolex 618

the Lemania 8 days is nonsense... i told it every time

The molnija is also nonsense but i´ll understand the point... the Molnija is from Design very very similar like the 616 but affordable

but what in hell is this Angelus 190?????? What is the next step? Putting a Angelus quarz movement in a PAM????

could you please let me know?

SACRILEGE

http://repgeek.com/showthread.php?p=1056600#post1056600

Anyway, I had my say, got jumped on a bit, but I gotta say, this guy is a fucking little punk - he attacks anyone who competes with him (both Okabum and Nightwatch sell some parts that T also sells). A bunch of fanbois blab about his great contributions to the forum but the guy seems to be rather ugly to anyone who does nice work and might take a bit of money out of his pocket.

The first time I ran into him was at WUS - a member asked about the PVD movements from Getat, said he wanted an inexpensive PVD movement and were they any good? Tourby jumped in, dumped on Tat's product, and then tried to pimp his own. A mod even came in a warned about trying to discuss his products outside of the sales section.

Maybe it is a coincidence, but ever time I see him poke his head up, he is shitting on someone. Now, because they didn't smack Okabum down and because a few of us spoke our minds, he is running off, "not going to post anymore."

Oh, and Mrbigandwonderful followed suit. Again.

Why can't we have this kind of drama here more often? :Whistle:

PatronSaintofChainsaws

Thanks JohnG. I also went to the trouble of doing an actual side-by-side comparison of the T and Okabum hands. If T had done so instead of trashing Okabum, he wouldn't look like an asshole.

different.jpg

Obvious difference is obvious.

JohnG
Thanks JohnG. I also went to the trouble of doing an actual side-by-side comparison of the T and Okabum hands. If T had done so instead of trashing Okabum, he wouldn't look like an asshole.

Obvious difference is obvious.

But T said those are 1:1 copies (his words) of his hands! :Whistle:

10:10 Watch Repair

T is a little child. He's taking his hands and going home, sniff...sniff...

In my dealings with him he's been a child as well, and I first dealt with him as long as three years ago on RWG.

BTW, if anyone wants hands, Ofrei has a custom hand program ($60-$130 for 50 sets) Not sure they can do the pattern and Bob and I don't get along, but if someone else wants to check: www.ofrei.com. I doubt we would need too many "investors" to produce them.

Oh, and we can have that sort of drama here, you are both dicks who have stolen my ideas. I had a vintage watch years ago and you both have one that is exactly like it.

KBH

I'm a little confused. T copies some old Rolex hands. Then Nightwatch makes copies of the same hands. Now T is claiming plagiarism? Sounds rather hypocritical to me.

But then of course, all these 1:1 vintage PamFreaks seem a little off in the head to me. If I ever spend $3,000+ on a fucking rep, somebody please shoot me dead.

PatronSaintofChainsaws
Oh, and we can have that sort of drama here, you are both dicks who have stolen my ideas. I had a vintage watch years ago and you both have one that is exactly like it.

How dare you :Whistle:

PatronSaintofChainsaws
I'm a little confused. T copies some old Rolex hands. Then Nightwatch makes copies of the same hands. Now T is claiming plagiarism? Sounds rather hypocritical to me.

But then of course, all these 1:1 vintage PamFreaks seem a little off in the head to me. If I ever spend $3,000+ on a fucking rep, somebody please shoot me dead.

Nah, T and Okabum were both working on vintage-PAM hands for the Cortebert, Molnija, and Unitas at roughly the same time. T got to market with his first, then Okabum released his about 3 weeks later. T turns into a cry-baby bitch about it, claiming that Okabum copied his hands, even though Okabum had mentioned that he was working on making vintage hands 6 months prior.

Nevermind the fact that the hands are completely different.

trailboss99
picard_facepalm.jpg

greg_r

Yeah, we were discussing that thread last night in the shoutbox. I agree with Col's comment :Whistle:

dingle

I missed another drama episode....... I need to find time to get on here over the weekends. :thumbsup:

KBH
I missed another drama episode....... I need to find time to get on here over the weekends. :thumbsup:

Please, the weekend is the only time we get a break.............

dingle
I missed another drama episode....... I need to find time to get on here over the weekends. ;)

Please, the weekend is the only time we get a break.............

:lol:

JohnG
I missed another drama episode....... I need to find time to get on here over the weekends. ;)

Why don't you start a thread in General Discussion over there titled, "Why are we losing all the experts in the vintage section?"

dingle
I missed another drama episode....... I need to find time to get on here over the weekends. :D

Why don't you start a thread in General Discussion over there titled, "Why are we losing all the experts in the vintage section?"

;)

I think you have already done that before. :lol:

PatronSaintofChainsaws

I have an answer. Because half of those experts got bored and moved on to other things, and the other half are assholes who want everyone to bow down to their greatness.

;)

JohnG

;)

I have an answer. Because half of those experts got bored and moved on to other things, and the other half are assholes who want everyone to bow down to their greatness.

:D

Yeah, we know that, but there would be great fun in posting the thread.... DB missed the drama, but I am sure he could get an instant replay in a new thread. :lol:

sconehead

;)

Yeah, we know that, but there would be great fun in posting the thread.... DB missed the drama, but I am sure he could get an instant replay in a new thread. :lol:

Tssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssk John... :shitstir:

dingle

:popcorn:

Tssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssk John... :shitstir:

shit stirrer for sure.........but I am still tempted.:lol:

AustinTech

Stir some shit up, Johng!

DO IT

dolphinfreindly

DO IT

OK I am on the other forum (and many others), is this forum a split off of folk who got peed off? I am a member of a few forums (non watch)who have a group of members that split out, who all seem to have a go at the forum they have 'split' from.

Im not out to chinese whisper to either forum about what goes on on the 'other' forum, but where are you guys coming from? was there a fall out?

I just want to learn about reps....

KBH

I'll let others add to this since it's a good question. I personally think that the guys on this forum just don't take reps as serious as some of the others.

To me they are fun toys that you buy from China. To a lot of others they should be exact 1:1, AAAA, same as gens, for 1/10th of the price. Reality should tell you it's not gonna happen.

My date wheel only aligns perfectly 1/2 the time.

My bracelet on my Rolex feels cheap.

The feet on my Omega are too "happy".

The 2 m"s on my Sub aren't in perfect alignment

The cyclops on my GMTIIC doesn't have AR.

My Panerai's Crocodile strap isn't as good as the Gen.

My version 5 DSSD has the wrong color bezel, too skinny, the "rolex rolex" isn't lined up 100%, The "Deep Sea" on the bezel isn't 100% perfect.

My date wheel changes at 5 minutes after midnight.

BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!!!!!

sconehead

DO IT

OK I am on the other forum (and many others), is this forum a split off of folk who got peed off? I am a member of a few forums (non watch)who have a group of members that split out, who all seem to have a go at the forum they have 'split' from.

Im not out to chinese whisper to either forum about what goes on on the 'other' forum, but where are you guys coming from? was there a fall out?

dolphinfreindly, most of us here are members of all the forums like yourself.

The difference with this forum compared to the others is that we can talk openly about this sort of stuff, on any subject in all of repland, including our personal opinions of posts and the people posting without being unduely censored.

As you become more active/experienced on the rep boards you will probably find, like that the majority of members here, that this is a luxury.

On some of the other boards, certain subjects or disagreeing with senior/respected members, even if you have a valid point (which in the case of the 'T thread', I think John and the others are correct) it can be met by howls of derision or the threads get closed down. Here, we discuss, agree or disagree on it, then carry on, mostly in good fun.

You will find a lot of the guys here are prolific/experienced posters on the other various boards and as such, for the most, you will get a lot of unbiased, straight answers in your quest to learn about reps.

At the end of the day, this is a fun loving but very open forum...:Monkey:

AustinTech

T seems to be bit of a jealous fella.

To me, a-holes like T and the others are quite entertaining.

sconehead
T seems to be bit of a jealous fella.

To me, a-holes like T and the others are quite entertaining.

Yes, I forgot to mention dolphin, we are all closet 'drama queens' here as well...

sfa437

DO IT

This is a forum where we can say "fuck" a lot and post titties and pussy.

Think that about covers it :Monkey: