Sign in to follow this  
007omegafan

What are the Flaws of this Omega SMP on Pure Time?

oscarmadfish

HE valve in wrong place ?

ron76

22208000-20.png

This is the gen.

HeavyKrush

Gen on the left...

efd2ff042fd0cc2e4cfdb9f9565eae3d.jpg

Olig7475

So a lot then. This doesn't appear to be a very god rep, I've been after a good 300 prof for ages......still looking.

Poppalarge

It's a fairly poor rep

UmpaHimself

I don't think there is a great rep of that watch period. =\

jacobarch

agreed. Terrible looking rep

blues are wrong

dial looks washed out

bezel is wrong.

just all wrong.

HeavyKrush

Interesting... I'm now wondering how other reps stack up when compared directly like this. Will post a couple more.

RichardMiami

Be careful with color comparisons guys. I am NOT defending this rep, but I have seen absolutely HORRIBLE photography from some of the dealers, making it impossible to do a detailed analysis like we like to do. Colors in particular are subject to lighting and camera settings in a big way.

The dealers are almost all one man operations, and hardly photographers of Baldrick's skills -- who is (besides him of course)?

The colors may be off, or may be spot on... it's an easy thing to screw up with a digital camera. We just need to check white balance to see what I mean.

HeavyKrush

Yep, what Rich said for sure. What does stand out though is the drastic color difference between the bezel and the dial on the rep in this instance. Even with the glare on the crystal the two colors seem shades apart where the gen is much closer.

UmpaHimself

Interesting... I'm now wondering how other reps stack up when compared directly like this. Will post a couple more.

I think most of the higher end reps are pretty damn accurate. I say this because I was comparing my Tag Carrera Day/Date to a gen at Macy's the other day and my friend and I were truly blown away. This thing was so accurate, even down to the strap that some complain about. The things that were wrong were more like the font around the bezel was slightly thicker on the rep and the inside markings on the strap are pretty sloppy but at wrists distance the watches were identical both in size, weight and feel.

Be careful with color comparisons guys. I am NOT defending this rep, but I have seen absolutely HORRIBLE photography from some of the dealers, making it impossible to do a detailed analysis like we like to do. Colors in particular are subject to lighting and camera settings in a big way.

The dealers are almost all one man operations, and hardly photographers of Baldrick's skills -- who is (besides him of course)?

The colors may be off, or may be spot on... it's an easy thing to screw up with a digital camera. We just need to check white balance to see what I mean.

Yes I agree 100%. The pictures shown by our members via wristshot threads and so fourth are a much more accurate representation of the watches. For the most part, I have really disliked all the APs I have seen on here just because the dial looks so tacky. It's usually too shiny and just didn't look right. I kept telling myself it's just the way the've been shot and just like that Del posts beautiful pics of his and I was finally able to see how the watch truly looks.

HeavyKrush

Gens on the left...

Umps beloved Caliber 16

5ceea2139041b2588828eeca5ed23150.jpg

42mm UPO

ced7546fd8b282071387653d3097cd7f.jpg

Ploprof

f71c5767d4a5b4f174b413957d4a7be2.jpg

Iz3fuy
Gen on the left...

efd2ff042fd0cc2e4cfdb9f9565eae3d.jpg

I am a noob and still learnig to post pics, sorry guys, so at the moment cannot publish pics of my gen SMP.

But the models in the pics are two different versions: original is newer, with co ax movement, rep is older version (have bought mine around 2005). When you compare new and old version the first thing you can notice (in my experience) is the red engraving. As far as I remember (haven't bought co ax gen yet) newer version is also heavier.

I think the following link could be useful to all Omegalovers to identify the various versions of watches:

http://www.omegawatches.com/spirit/history/vintage-omegas .

Enjoy!

Cyril_Clunge

Well, Del is pretty good, and then there's TTK.......

dalboy

+1000 to both of them..what about silverspeed , his pics are top notch too.

Dal......

RichardMiami

+1000 to both of them..what about silverspeed , his pics are top notch too.

Dal......

true dat to both. I sit corrected

jcagara08

better off to buy a pre-owned gen smp man, they come in all flavors, but the classic bond smp 300m is the one which really stand out, hey they're affordable when pre-owned!

sconehead

...here's a quick'n'dirty camera phone pic of the model in question...

5397983890_e4bab8a96a_b.jpg

Photo0146 by sconehead12, on Flickr

5397385743_81dbfa4472_z.jpg

Photo0134 by sconehead12, on Flickr