Sign in to follow this  
jnrandall

Another happy DSSD creation! BK & PBDAD

jnrandall

Got my Noobfactory Deepsea Sea Dweller from BK in mid July. It came with the usual mods;

- Serial number is V646829.

- Latest version of bezel insert i.e. it has centered "10", larger, whiter, bolder numbers than v3's and v4's

-Custom date wheel overlay which has the correct font size and font style esp. 3, 2.

- ETA 2836-2 (commonly called Swiss ETA 2836-2 by other dealers) OR Swiss Sellita SW-220

- Fully pressed crystal, seal HEV

- Lined up the 12 o'clock marker to the engraved coronent on the rehaut engraving

- Pressure tested to 3ATM

Then a couple of weeks ago I decided I wanted the PBDAD mods too. I got the works:

- Relumed

- Pearl mod

- Enamel mod package to insert and rehaut ring lock text

- Single AR

- Satin dial finish

- Seal hev

- Bracelet work

- Pressure tested to 5ATM

I am impatient so I opted for the Expedited service. Got my watch back in 2 weeks.

Thank you BK and PBDAD!

116600.jpg

YoungGPS

Looking good!

Trolex

Very nice!

by the way, ETA & Sellita are two different companies, so two completely different movements. I'm not aware of any Sellitas being put in rollies. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here.

Luthier

Correct "10" is not latest, it's correct for 3 years already.

Pearl is too small.

You sealed HE valve twice?

;)

jnrandall

I love it anyway! :)

Luthier

You should. It's your watch.

UmpaHimself

I love it anyway! :)

And you should. Congrats!

Balad1

Very nice!

by the way, ETA & Sellita are two different companies, so two completely different movements. I'm not aware of any Sellitas being put in rollies. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here.

I believe BK replaces Sub and DSSD Chineses movements with SW200's if I remember correctly.

edit: verified from BK's TD thread: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=6182

Edited by Balad1

Luthier

Very nice!

Sellita is exact copy of ETA. Just different logo.

trailboss99
Very nice! by the way, ETA & Sellita are two different companies, so two completely different movements. I'm not aware of any Sellitas being put in rollies. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here.

I have a sub c with sellita from MR

greg_r

Very nice!

Sellita SW200-1s are commonly being used as ETA replacements these days (as ETA ebauches are no longer readily available). They're a straight drop-in replacement. I have a Rolex DJ with an SW200 in it and they're commonly found in subs and DSSDs

jnrandall

Even though I loved my watch, the size of the pearl bothered me a bit. I purchased 2 WM pearls. I made the change myself following the directions on another post. Wasn't too bad at all. I hope that pbdad can mod the second pearl so that the lume color will match. Awaiting his response. Don't know if that's possible or not. If it is possible, I'll get that lume color changed and then mount it. If not, that's ok too because I am happier with the size of the WM pearl. I still have my original pearl packed safely away. :)

hole.jpg

fix.jpg

fana05

Looking good! What post are you referring to? I'd be interested in swapping the pearl on mine as well

jnrandall

Looking good! What post are you referring to? I'd be interested in swapping the pearl on mine as well

Thanks.

http://www.replica-w...-vs-103378.html

Edited by jnrandall

nunu78

Does gen comes with AR???

jnrandall

I read somewhere that it doesn't. But don't hold me to that. Maybe someone else with chime in.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

10:10 Watch Repair

I read somewhere that it doesn't. But don't hold me to that. Maybe someone else with chime in.

Rolex doesn't use AR because of the scratches, unless it's under a cyclops.

hnic

great piece

jnrandall

Here's another update. Pbdad will relume the WM pearl. Woohoo. I am sending it out tomorrow.

hnic

i hate waiting on a watch to

arrive,

than send It out again for modding.,,,

but its all worth the wait in the end

jnrandall

I know what you mean. That's why I'm just sending the Pearl out to be modded. I will wear my watch as its pictures above until the modded pearl returns to me. Then I will do the swap. The best of both worlds I think.

murselyfe

How does one contact PBdad?

greg_r

How does one contact PBdad?

You don't here. Frankly I wouldn't trust pbdad to speak my weight - some of his work is great. Some of it is utter crap. I wouldn't let him within a mile of a watch of mine, frankly.