Sign in to follow this  
grb

When was the last time you?

grb

Had to dial 999/911.

I was first on the scene of a RTA I was at a phone box hunting around for change and somebody tapped me on the shoulder and said 'emergency calls are free' (before mobiles)

hnic

never (lucky me)

fatarms

What's an RTA?

YoungGPS

Lucky too.

grb

What's an RTA?

Road Traffic Accident Ten4 copy that

NFleischer

8/3/12- we had a huge fire in my neighbor's Apartment. It totally destroyed a 2000 sq. foot unit and common hallway in a big

building here in NYC. I got tons of smoke and water damage- about $50K in clean up/repairs, plus 100,000 headaches. Scared the shit out of me too;

tremendous fireball awoke us at 6 am!! Lucky I have insurance, I hope it doesn't go up.

UmpaHimself

Almost once. But never

fatarms

I was doing CPR on someone here at work and had someone else call 911. Was the president and founder of the company, ended up being an aortic aneurysm and really wasn't anything anyone could do. That was about two years ago.

Rogerthat

About 7 months ago playing basketball in a school gym night league

Guy dropped and went into cardiac arrest, convulsing, eyes rolled back, etc

Not a fun experience, when you call from a cell phone they have no clue where you are and I swear I was redirected 3 times and when I finally reached the local ambulance division they needed directions

Don't they have freaking gps in the ambulances?

Don't they know where the town schools are?

We had one of the players drive to the main road and meet them to get them to the gym

End result

He lived and was back on the court playing this week

Was air lifted and had multiple stents put in his heart that night, emergency surgery

Fact is though it was a prison guard and flight attendant that also play and know CPR and how to use the schools defibrillator that actually kept him alive

Waiting for 911 and the ambulance this story would not have a happy ending

jeffw69

Never.

Kal-el

A couple of years ago, there was a huge car accident i saw a woman in the front passenger seat bleading to de death with her baby on her lap. Her husband was sitting there doing nothing, i asked the guy what the hell dude look at your wife and baby. I did not get any answer from him appearently he was on shock.

I called the local red cross, they told me that it would take a while because they were busy (please don't ask me where that was) hahaha.