Sign in to follow this  
noob2

Hello all!

noob2

As the name implies, I am definitely a noob to replicas. I have owned a few original watches (Tag, Omega, Rolex) that I bought used over the years, but was always afraid to subject them to the rigors of daily wear. Also, I found myself spending a great deal of money on maintenance and repairs to keep them functioning. Eventually, I decided it best to sell them and save for a new watch with warranty that I can call all my own. However, I have missed having a good looking timepiece on my arm.

After talking with a friend, he suggested I look at getting a replica to curb my craving until I can afford to purchase the new watch. While trying to do research on the replica watch market, I figured out rather quickly that there are plenty of scammers and I needed help in finding who to purchase from. That's when I stumbled upon this site.

After reading numerous posts and stickys about how the replica watch market operates, I browsed through the trusted sellers selection of watches and narrowed my selection down to three watches. Eventually, I decided to start off small and purchased a Rolex DRSD with ETA movement from Michelle at Silix last Monday. Her emails to my order were prompt and I am now patiently awaiting QC pics of my new watch. Hopefully, it won't be long!

Thanks to all who take the time to post the information that educates us noobs on what to look for and what to expect with a replica and how the purchase process should go from trusted sellers. I have the feeling that, when this watch arrives, I may be hooked (seems like that's what happens to everyone)!

Thanks again for all you do everyone!

Sparkal

Welcome mate,

I to am new to the weird and wonderful world!

I have really got into Reps to test drive them before buying the Gen, however some of the reps I have purchased have saved me from buying the Gen as they are just so damn close the general public have no idea....

So welcome, read up, and enjoy!

noob2

Sparkal,

I know exactly what you're saying about the Reps looking like the Gen. and the public not really being educated enough to know the difference. An aquaintance of mine has been wearing a Rep for years and I didn't even realize it until reading the forums and learning what to look for. After I asked him, he told me he had bought it years ago with the intention of getting the real thing to replace it, but liked the functionality of it so well he decided against spending the money for Gen.

Balad1

Welcome aboard, glad to have you join the crew.

Fiddo

Hello!

:wave:

Welcome!

Luthier

Hello, noob!!!

What will you do with your name after a year-two on this Forum?

;)

You ordered ETA? My advice - order with clone. Ask people, why.

Welcome!!!

hnic

welcome

noob2

Powermax,

After a couple years, maybe the noob moniker will just be something we can all laugh about. ;).

I guess I should have asked about the movement before I purchased, but had read that the 21J was hit or miss. I guess you live and learn. Either way, I'm excited about my first Rep! I just got to get used to being patient.

Thanks for the welcome!

Mazz

:rofl: powermax again Luth just change your screen name to that

Welcome aboard be sure to do lots of reading

YoungGPS

animated_gif_3d_028.gif

and

animierte-gifs-image_welcome_spinning.gif

Enjoy the adventure!

J.Eric

Hello and Welcome!

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ dobry, and Welcome.

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you found this site.................

Or get your wallet ready!!!!!!