Sign in to follow this  
gogotsnail

Planet Ocean 42mm Display Back?

gogotsnail

Just visited the Omega Flagship store, NYC. Planet Ocean 42mm is $6200 (!). Prob not for me in this lifetime - but a good rep? Yes. One feature that was terrific on Gen was the display back. Does anyone knock that off yet?

Diego_UK

The model you're referring to is (considering it was the non-chrono) the 8500 PO with a ceramic bezel. Unfortunately, no good rep exists of the ceramic PO. There have been attempts though, I believe jeffw69 used to own a blue ceramic PO rep, but it was flawed as all hell. He's since given it up, if memory serves. And not even that model had the display caseback, so we're quite a ways away. :/ Still, I'm right there with you hotly anticipating its release! Once they release that and the liquid metal PO, I might just quit the rep game for good! :D

nunu78

Only Jeff69 has the rep of that particular model, just shoot him a pm.

gogotsnail

I gotta say this whole rep thing has been kind of a way for me to try out some different brands for wrist presence, comfort, etc.... The experiment still continues but overall Omega is starting to impress me quite a bit.

This is been the summer of me searching for the perfect wristwatch. I have panerai reps, several Rolex reps beautiful autumn or spaghetti wrap ( thats Audemars Piquet rep.... After my spell check got through with it too funny I had to leave it). I have an IWC Top Gun coming..... Black on black with a ballistic strap.

So far the learning is that I like fairly basic stuff. I like military looking stuff. I guess I buy into that whole early 60's James Bond myth that caused my father to buy a Rolex in the first place. If it's too heavy or too flashy I tend not to dig it as much. I've also discovered that light is good and NATO bands are wonderful. By example I went to the TimeCrafters show today in New York City and the Brequet guys gave me the big thumbs up on my bond NATO strap.

It all kind of started when I went to Crissons in Bermuda. I have the money for the very first time in my life to buy the Submariner I always wanted. But something stopped me from pulling that trigger. Why were Subs 9000 dollars now? What I really use the bezel? I didn't have the money to do it twice.

Since then I've gotten to wear a sub C that I bought from Bk how many times including diving. I also have a date just ii with a Swiss movement.... What I went backstage to meet aerosmith in July the Audemars came out.... Dinner with the wife in New York? The Panerai.

The experiment continues. I could probably sell all my reps and my gen Breitling tomorrow and pick 1 watch. Be less trouble then maintaining all of these slightly funky movements. Right now Omega is looking good and that 8500 I saw today was really right on. It had all the things I like about all the different watches. The bezel and steel band of the sub. The simplicity and elegance of the date just ii. The coolness factor of the Panerai with the display back that my son loves to watch. The black waterproof and offered with the Omega was so comfortable that I could almost make me give up on the NATO straps but not quite. If I owned that watch I want all 3. If they had offered 45 mm Ti chronograph with a black face they probably would have closed me.... At 10,000 dollars it would have surprised the hell out of my family. Having said that simple is good and the 42 millimeter with no complications but a useful bezel for keeping track of flights and parking meters might be the girl of my dreams.

Wasn't there remember last week who sold all his reps bought a Gen 16 610 Submariner and then started buying that again like a day later? Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

LightGeek

So, no display back PO eh? Settle for a Speedy with display? :(