Sign in to follow this  
zitazu

Newbie chick here

zitazu

hi i am new not sure if i'm s'posed to be here, i'm a chick, but looking to buy a killer watch for my man.

it's funy, before I signed up and read up what they said on a few replica watch selling websites, I really had this expectation that they would be so good that even if you take it to Rolex, they would not be able to tell the difference really :rolleyes: okay so from whatI have read so far on this forum is that basically it will be impossible to get a perfect rep watch or even close and the quality diff will probably be as much as the price diff between a rep & auth, am i correct?

my question is, which is the best and highest replicated watch in your guy's experienced opinions. what should i go for? i want to give him the best - one that is closest to the original and going to save up alot for it, yes, the price of a good rep (i'm looking around $700 to $1500) and considering the fact that i'm still a college girl, that is alot for me .

so do let me in and help me out here guys :)

Nisv

Hi Zitazu, welcome :)

Never mind all the posts asking you to post pics of yourself, which no doubt will come :rolleyes:

Good luck in your quest :)

oscarmadfish

check the trusted dealers at the top of the page

my suggestion would be a DSSD

and if you really are a chick get prepaired for the RWG PERVS :drool::popcorn:

wat44

you really want to spend that kind of money on a rep?

you can buy a decent pre-owned gen for not much more....

oscarmadfish

this is mine

IMG_1208.jpg

nunu78

Hello and welcome, for 550 dollars you can get the best A rep can get TC sub and I'm sure your man will appreciate that.

g.man

TC Submariner.

oscarmadfish

this is mine

IMG_1208.jpg

probably cost you about $400 for the best

Archaon

I agree, a second hand genuine omega moonwatch is probably in your price range.

If you're looking at a decent rep, you can spent 300 - 400 and get something quite good.

my preference goes towards a submariner blue or a submariner LV (green with sunburst dial)...

Problem is you'll get as many suggestions as replies...

chose a brand and ask again :-)

good luck

you really want to spend that kind of money on a rep?

you can buy a decent pre-owned gen for not much more....

baxter

Hey Zitazu welcome to the forum. :)

If you're going to spend that much you may want to consider a second hand gen. If you're buying a standard rep you can't spend that much unless you're being scammed.

You should be spending between 300 - 600 ( for some of the top end Audemars piquet Or maybe a TC specially made rolex submariner) tops.

It would help if we knew what brands he likes so we can point you in the right direction.

trailboss99

Giday and welcome to RWG, of cause you are supposed to be here!

While the perfect rep is a figment of the imagination of some web master's sales talk you can come close.

Some "super reps" are indeed very close to the gen and the good news is you don't have to spend that sort of money to get one either. A $500 tc sub for example is 98% perfect as are some of the Hublots and Panerai. In reality even a 150 dollar noobmariner sub is so close that most of the folks out there will never tell the difference. Only us anal rep fanatics will ever know.

First things first, what type of watch do you think your man would like? Is he into "tool" watches such as the Rolex Sub or Omega Seamaster or are you thinking of something more dressy?

Arism

Hello and welcome

Glad you're doing some reading. Lots of options for that kind of money.

1) You could buy a used gen

2) You could get a 'fraken' (rep with gen parts)

3) Get a high end rep; TC Submariner or an Audemars Piguet(seem to be the ones thrown about for that kind of dosh)

As said earlier by the others, let us know what brands you'd like to get your man, and we'll do our best to help you out!

trailboss99
a second hand genuine omega moonwatch is probably in your price range.

Nice thought mate but Moonie prices have gone thru the roof of late. More like 2000 now for one worth having.

Besides, many people would not give a second hand watch as a gift. I don't see an issue but a lot will.

onzenuub

Welcome from The Netherlands, just look for the Tag Heuer Carrera Day Date, more interesting as all those Lolex's, Panerais and other crap.

Electron17

Hi and welcome to the board, for my 10 cents worth I would say a Rolex Submariner or a Audemars Piquet Royal Oak. You can't go wrong with either of those two and I agree a moded sub from TC is probably the best for the sort of money you want to spend. Yes reps do have flaws but most people will not see them, even the people selling them don't know a rep from a gen. Save your self lots of money and get a decent rep.

Regards,

Jan

Baldrick
so from whatI have read so far on this forum is that basically it will be impossible to get a perfect rep watch or even close and the quality diff will probably be as much as the price diff between a rep & auth, am i correct?

Welcome.....but, you're wrong on this assumption...!

If you work on a points demerit scale you can get something that is 90%+ accurate to the genuine....or even closer...i:e 97% or so !

If you start with probably the most replicated watch...The Rolex Submariner 16610..look at the various models available and take away points for inaccuracies....e:g

1. Take 1 point off for not having the same movement = 99%

2. Take 1 point of for an inaccurate bezel pearl = 98%

3. Take 1 point off for a bezel that's inferior to the original = 97%...........etc etc and so forth.!

....you'll find that most reps at various price points will leave you somewhere above 90%+ in comparison to the genuine..!

If it's a Rolex Submariner that you're considering....why spend $700-$1500 on one watch, when you could buy him an entry-level replica which is considered amongst the best VFM that you can buy for around $100 or so....the Noobmariner.........or get him an assortment of very ACCURATE replicas at prices that you would not have thought possible.

Just a few examples of some recent reps that are popular.....there are many many more of all brands and flavours...from an assortment of well-trusted and reliable dealers.....if you're UK based, I would suggest Narikaa....albeit he's one of many other dealers.

REGSUB6.jpg

REGSUB5.jpg

APDIVER28.jpg

APDIVER202.jpg

WHICHDIVER1.jpg

APDIVERWHITEDIAL1.jpg

APDIVERWHITEDIAL5.jpg

APROOQP29_7_12_Gcopy.jpg

404BREITLINGSUPEROCEANSTEELFISHBLACKDIAL1.jpg

404BREITLINGSUPEROCEANSTEELFISHWHITEDIALSTRAP1.jpg

ABYSS1.jpg

ABYSSNWWC4.jpg

ABYSSNWWC5.jpg

trailboss99

Warning: Balders' photos are a wealth hazard :D

baxter

"An assortment of replicas" - I like it - what a champion idea Balders - we can always rely on you !!! :)

baxter

Warning: Balders' photos are a wealth hazard :D

The only thing saving me from B's photo's is that my wallet's f***ing empty !! :D

Baldrick

BTW....just as an FYI.....not x1....ONE..of the watches shown in the photos above was more than $200.00 ( except the Ploprof which had an after-market shark bracelet added ).....and ALL are working perfectly and worn several times every week with no issues.....there is no requirement to spend more than that....you can if you want tho' !

Electron17
:joint:

jeffw69

Welcome to the forum.

mostling

LOL, everybody is being nice to a newb for a difference. Wonder why..

zitazu

Hi all and thanks for the great welcome, so glad i joined :)

Okay, I am deciding between a Rolex or Breitling, depending on which is the better rep & according to my pocket. I will have to add the Audemars Piguet to the list, because that piece looks so damn hot!! :~

zitazu
BTW....just as an FYI.....not x1....ONE..of the watches shown in the photos above was more than $200.00 ( except the Ploprof which had an after-market shark bracelet added ).....and ALL are working perfectly and worn several times every week with no issues.....there is no requirement to spend more than that....you can if you want tho' !

okay... wait... are those your "ACTUAL" photos? wow, really impressed, those are some really piping hot pieces, I cannot believe reps like these exist for under $200, and to think I was going to jump in and buy a rep for over $700 before I joined this forum o.O

thank you guys you are amazing. and thank you baldrick, you rock! I'll have to save your post for reference :)

give me a while to digest all this hot info.