Sign in to follow this  
zitazu

Newbie chick here

trailboss99

Now the thing about Rolex is that everybody will assume it's a rep. Even the gens are usually considered to be reps which is hardly fair on gen owners but that's how it is. A Breitling on the other hand won't be immediately thought of as a rep, most won't even know what it is. There are some very good Breitlings out there and some are quite cheap. The one's Balders has posted above are all reasonably close and as he says are all under 200 bucks or close. I just got the Abyss today (the one in his pics with the yellow chapter ring around the dial) and it's a great piece.

If this is a watch he's going to keep and wear most days I'd stay away from the chrono models (the ones with a stopwatch and all the little dials) as the movements can be a little fragile and go for just a simple watch with either an Asian clone or Swiss movement rather than a 21j. It's important he gets one that will last in this case. When you have picked out a few, post and ask us what we think.

trailboss99
okay... wait... are those your "ACTUAL" photos?

Balders skill with a camera is rather good. In fact I have a couple of mates who are pro photogs who have gone nuts trying to take watch pics as well as he does. He's one of the best three or four watch photogs I know.

zitazu
okay... wait... are those your "ACTUAL" photos?

Balders skill with a camera is rather good. In fact I have a couple of mates who are pro photogs who have gone nuts trying to take watch pics as well as he does. He's one of the best three or four watch photogs I know.

Good to know, wow, thought they were photos off the website until I read that they were "worn several times every week" - they look terrific, like those luxury magazine adverts

YoungGPS

animierte-gifs-image_welcome_spinning.gif

You can also check out Franck Muller Crazy Hours.

Here in original strap.

IMG_0861.jpg

With NATO strap.

IMG_0884.jpg

You can check how the crazy hours work in youtube. People are amazed with it, they will not think its a rep.

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ Dobry, Dobrodošao, Vítejte, Bonvenon, Tervetuloa, Accueil, Fogadtatás, Velkomin, Selamat Datang, Powitanie, Bem-vindo, Välkommen and Welcome.

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you ever found this site.................

Or get your wallet ready for a serious spending spree!!!!!!

Funny how many replies you have had, I wonder why that is? :giggle:

edwinowl

Welcome, I agree with Trailboss re the Breitlings good advice. Spend wisely.

Baldrick

Because she didn't breeze in telling us all how wonderful she was, how she was a 'marketing copy-writer / professional photographer / drinks connoisseur and didn't try to froth up the pimply-faced WoWarcraft virginal oiks ;)

hnic

baldrick can make a $5 rep look good..

but they are really nice

welcome

onionbag

Hello and welcome. :)

Baldrick rocks?.............the mind boggles. :thud:

Del

Hello and welcome! :thumbsup2:

zitazu

err.. not sure what to say, I need to get a little bit more used to the forum & do some more reading, but you guys are really funny :giggle:

Edited by zitazu

James.

If your budget is up to $1500 and you want something that is as close to the real deal as possible, I can only recommend this site:

http://www.jewelryandwatch.com/

They use a lot of gen movements and other bits and pieces in their watches. They also turn $3000 rolexes into wht would be if it were real, a $100,000 rolex (see perpetual calendar)

You can pick up a nice Tudor snowflake sub for $1000 there. That would be my choice ( was actually until I pulled the trigger on a little boutique company gen last week hehehe it arrives tomorrow :o )

Happy hunting!

Luthier

Welcome to the family.