Sign in to follow this  
baxter

Pam 111n V3 Just arrived ( + comparison/ pics with H factory 111 )

baxter

Just arrived this morning is my 111n from Toro. The 2nd watch i bought when joining the forum was the 111 h factory from Watch international for $ 150.00 which i have been living quite happily with for a few months now.

My first impressions of the new 111n was obviously very nice and beautifully finished.

For the purposes of helping anyone who is undecided as to whether to spend the extra $ 100 or so the main differences between the two that i can ( with my untrained eye ) see are as follows :

111n has thicker logo font which is coloured to match the the numbers better. The H version has a thinner white font. The 111n also has a better more pronounced L- swiss made - L font.

The Crown on the 111n sits closer to the case on the 111n than the H Factory.

111n has a high beat 21600 bph movement whereas the 111H has the lower beat version18000 bph version.

The case shape of the 111n seems to be thicker due to a thinner bezel than on the H version which has a thinner case and thicker bezel.

The crown guard cut outs on the n factory are ( and i looked at these through a loupe ) most definitely sharper than on the H factory ( in a different league i would say )

Both watches are super lumed and shine like torches.

To sum up, if you want the best and don't mind spending the extra dollars then the N factory 111 is the way to go but this in no way takes away from the H Factory version which i have been very happy with and is a really beautiful and excellent value watch, which has attracted many compliments.

( my friend often borrows this one when we go out - on one particular night we were out for a meal with 20 or so people, he was wearing the 111H on panatime black galaxy strap which is a stunning combo and i had my AP Diver V3 on - not one person commented on the Diver but nearly everyone gave him a compliment on the 111H ... so make no mistake the H factory is a looker )

EDIT i have added this shot which shows Both watches against my Gen 240 and i have to say that the case shape on the H Fac watch is closer to this. However the 240 was a 2007 model so the gen 111 may have a different case shape - mybe someone else would like to chip in here .......

IMG_0086.jpg

You will not be unhappy with either. Hope this is of some help - and if any one else has anything to add then please do. :)

Onto the pics :

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

Some comparison shots ( 111 H fac on Black strap )

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

Member X

Nice comparison, thanks! :)

sequoia

Good job! Thanks for the comparison.

solkryssare

Perfection!

baxter

Thanks boys - i'm no expert but seeing as i had the two side by side i thought i may as well - hope it will help someone decide :)

jeffw69

Now we know, thanks Baxter.

Del

Great thread mate! :clap:

Congrats on the 111N v3 too. :thumbsup2:

Have you noticed if the crystal height on the v3 looks high in comparison to the H version? There seems to be some suggestion that the v3 crystal sits higher than previous versions, although I'm still not sure if it is regarded to be more gen-like this way or not.

Grimmi

Hey thanks for that, I was thinking of giving my old one to a mate and getting the noob one, now I'm sure...

(or maybe I keep it and save time on strap changes.... ;) )

kieron1968

Hi Baxter,

Great comparision. Thanks for taking the time and effort in putting this together.

If you are looking to sell the 111H on i would be interested. :thumbsup:

Focal

My 111nV3 is also on it's way, nice to see how good it looks. Although i might prefer the thinner case from the H, it looks a bit more elegant to me.

Edited by Focal

grb

Can I just point out the friend he goes out with is a girl and the comments and looks are nothing to do with watches :giggle:

baxter

Now we know, thanks Baxter.

you probably knew that before Jeffrey :D

baxter

Can I just point out the friend he goes out with is a girl and the comments and looks are nothing to do with watches :giggle:

No G - this one has moustache !! ( not in a village people sort of way though :D )

baxter

My 111nV3 is also on it's way, nice to see how good it looks. Although i might prefer the thinner case from the H, it looks a bit more elegant to me.

It does have a different look to it as the edges are sharper and i kind of agree it looks just as nice.

baxter

Have you noticed if the crystal height on the v3 looks high in comparison to the H version? There seems to be some suggestion that the v3 crystal sits higher than previous versions, although I'm still not sure if it is regarded to be more gen-like this way or not.

Cheers Del - re the crystal i had read the same and looked at this first. It is slightly higher but it is minimal - i think it looked much worse on the pics in Ales thread.

baxter

Hi Baxter,

Great comparision. Thanks for taking the time and effort in putting this together.

If you are looking to sell the 111H on i would be interested. :thumbsup:

thanks mate if i do it shoot you a pm first - i'm still deciding whether to give it to my mate though as he loves it.

Focal

It does have a different look to it as the edges are sharper and i kind of agree it looks just as nice.

Do you have any idea which shape is closer to gen? Google almost only shows pics from rep sites so that doesn't really help.

Del

Cheers Del - re the crystal i had read the same and looked at this first. It is slightly higher but it is minimal - i think it looked much worse on the pics in Ales thread.

Thanks mate - it's all about microns nowadays! :D

baxter

Do you have any idea which shape is closer to gen? Google almost only shows pics from rep sites so that doesn't really help.

See image below : 111n on top 111h middle 240 gen bottom.

I have compared both to my Gen pam 240 ti and i would say that the H factory case is closer - However my model is a 2007 and i'm not sure if the pam 111 was pre v pre A etc and hence had a different shape ...........Calling ALE !!

IMG_0086.jpg

NFleischer

Thanks- I think the Noob CG's and movements are better than H Factory- no question. Case set/Crystal/Dial IMO go to HFactory.

I guess that's why people have combined the best parts for a super duper rep.

UmpaHimself

Thanks for the review Baxter. The side by sides are the best IMO. I would be ok with the H factory but I really prefer the higher beat movements. Lume looks SICK!

Rwolf

I have a 112M low beat from H-factory but the case is a little bit different. Looks similar to the Noob. The bezel is not so thicker. Maybe it's the V2 caseset with a better CG... when I can take a shot I'll post it.

videokill

thanks for the comparison

TheInthusiest

Nice post

Well done! :D

DR3M3L

Thanks for the informative post! :) Wear it in good health mate, beautiful watch.