Sign in to follow this  
007omegafan

Quick Review : 42 Planet Ocean from WI

007omegafan

First thing worth mentioning is that this is my first real quality piece. I own a nice auth. Burberry and have a quartz Swiss Army but nothing really to compare this particular Omega to.

The movement is beautiful, the second hand sweeps elegantly, and the details of the watch are really really nice. I just got it fitted and even the attendant at the watch store commented on it.

As there are some serious reviews from people who really know there stuff, I'll leave most of the basics aside. But to hit on the highs and lows :

Highs

- Sweep of the second hand. Really nice movement

- The clasp. Despite the comments on here, mine fits snug and looks/feels sturdy

- Bracelet. I see why people comment on it so much.. it's remarkably pretty

Lows

- The hour markers. If you look close, you can see that they are poorly filled in. Some have too much "goo" (Whatever that stuff is) and other indicators have too little. Just looks sloppy (but you have to be inches away and staring to see it).

- Pearl. A giveaway. I went to the Omega store (not to get it fitted but just to browse) and the pearl on the authetnic is definitely better placed. But that's to be expected. Maybe I'll consider buying a real bezel if i can find one cheap on ebay.

7996877504_eda9d49c7d_c.jpg

7995986448_14eb6c6832_c.jpg

7995986074_6456af852f_c.jpg

7995978387_d881c0d62f_c.jpg

7997265400_3d765ef0d0_c.jpg

nunu78

Nice piece specially if you consider the price.

kieron1968

you really cant knock these for the price, I love mine for all its little faults

Crusader

Very nice watch, I think the gen bezel would make it perfect, since the pearl it's the most obvious tell. But the rep one looks good, just a tad too big.

Great purchase, enjoy :)

suasdu

Nice PO. I am currently shopping for one too. I have seen so many PO from various TD. Is that the "Ultimate" Planet Ocean edition? If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get it from WI?

bklynboy

Nice pictures and overview!

Mine says hello

wrist.jpg

Its about $150 from WI iirc....

007omegafan

WI pricing depends on the movement. I got the Asian ETA which ran me about 260 plus shipping and other fees (roughly 35 bucks). For Swiss ETA, it was around 300+fees ... you can also get the basic 21j movement and I think it's around 150-200 (but mary suggested going Asian ETA if you're going to wear it ofteN)

I would replace the bezel but it's like 200 bucks for the original and that just seems a bit silly..

bklynboy

Mine is the 4813 high beat movement 28800 bps with a nice smooth sweep