Sign in to follow this  
Pohoho

Opening a Tight Orient Square Caseback

Pohoho

Hi guys:

I'm getting scratches and no success trying to open this even with a good quality tool, any alternative idea?

Really feel like ramming a screwdriver into the gap but this is a rather good watch of my wife :(. I've my stealth lume powder from WatchLume and can't even get to use it on this!

Here's a pic:

7998644213_d508754776.jpg

Edited by Pohoho

offshore

Use a 1.2mm screwdriver, and use it like a chisel. Even tap the top with the nylon end of your hammer.

There are proper chisel type tools made to do that job.

If that fails, one of these will do the trick!

Sidecasebackopener.jpg

Offshore

Pohoho

@ Offshore: I didn't manage to open it myself using the screwdriver. Had asked the watch smith for a favor while changing a battery for another watch, who basically whacked it real hard with a screwdriver and hammer! Thankfully the movement is held up well.

Now comes mine second hurdle, how do I remove the stem from the

Orient Caliber ES46C?

I can't find any references on the net and there seems to be no quick release button or any screw that will do the trick. Here's a pic of the movement with the rotor removed:

8040262271_b395df0273.jpg

Edited by Pohoho

Luthier

Follow the stem, and you'll see the hole on the left side, right on the edge of the plate. There's very small pusher underneath. Don't apply too much pressure there - you'll fuck up keyless work. Just press a little bit with needle, simultaneously pull out the stem.

Pohoho

Thanks Luthier! Managed to find it. It was located more conveniently here that I completely missed it :giggle:

8040601016_0edb5b9990.jpg

Urgh! got to go back to work in 5 hour's time, no time to do the lume job now.