Sign in to follow this  
Bob Reed

Hello from the East Coast USA

Bob Reed

Where to start? I am a REP watch collector from many years ago. In 2000-early 2002 I lived on Statin Island. A friend of mine and I would go into Manhattan a couple times a month on what we called "Watch Hunts". We would see how many watches we could bring back fo X number of dollars. Our best day was 36 watches fro $90.00. At the time the watches where the cheap Quartz ones with pretty flimsy bands but they looked good on your wrist. I still have a few of them. In 2002 I moved from the island and wanted to keep up with my hobby but from actually purchasing watches knew the quality and was worried about getting ripped off so the hobby went on the back burner. A few days ago, much to my wife's chagrin, I found this site. I am now reading all I can and almost ready to purchase my first Rep in 11 years. Thanks for all the help you folks have provided to me!!

Luthier

Welcome to the forum!

Read more, read trusted dealers feedbacks, then choose your dealer, then choose watches.

Good luck, Bob!!

Bob Reed

Thanks for the welcome. Oh I will definitely stick with the trusted dealers, it is the only way to go in this hobby. Too many ripp offs out there that was my fear. Now I feel I can make a better decision on my purchases. Need to donate to this forum! That will be my first purchase of the new hobby!

edwinowl

Warm welcome from the UK Bob. Enjoy

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ Dobry, Dobrodošao, Vítejte, Bonvenon, Tervetuloa, Accueil, Fogadtatás, Velkomin, Selamat Datang, Powitanie, Bem-vindo, Välkommen and Welcome.

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you ever found this site.................

Or get your wallet ready for a serious spending spree!!!!!! :giggle:

conx

Welcome to our madness.

YoungGPS

animated_gif_3d_028.gif

and

animierte-gifs-image_welcome_spinning.gif

fatarms

Welcome, bud. Cleveland here. NYC is my favorite city I've been to.

Bob Reed

Well been here for a couple days and as I have been on most of the day, just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Just bought a Sub Date from a m to m for a good price. Pics soon!!! First Rep purchase in around 11 years.. Uh oh.... Trouble I think. :)

J.Eric

Hello and Welcome from GA!!!

Yes, You are in trouble... Run very far, far away :giggle:

hnic

welcome

you wont find 36 watches for $90 at the td's but you Will find quality

read and enjoy

UmpaHimself

Welcome from Ft. Lauderdale!

Bob Reed

Well it appears my first purchase has arrived at the house. More to come once I get home.

Bob Reed

Oh wow.... I forgot how nice these look. An this one is by far better then the ones I was buying 11 years ago. As soon as I pry it off my wrist I will get some pictures up of it.