Sign in to follow this  
scavenger

Servicing a new purchase with the A7750 movement

scavenger

Hello All,

A big thank you to everyone who participates in this forum. I'm new to the rep scene and have found this forum (and all who have been so generous in their time for sharing reviews, advice and opinions) to be an invaluable resource.

I've pulled the trigger in ordering my very first rep and the ubiquitous advice here to to have the A7750 movement serviced. I live in Oz and would like to ask if someone would kindly suggest who/where I might go to to have this service done.

Thanks in advance.

Luthier

Welcome to the Forum!!!

Why you need service for a brand new watch???

scavenger
Welcome to the Forum!!!

Why you need service for a brand new watch???

Hi Luthier!

If there's no need to service it because it's still new then that's great! I've just been reading all the guides I could find on the movement and the consensus (as I understood it) was to have it serviced. Numerous posts also talked about dealers offering to service new reps at the point of purchase. Happy to take any advice!

Edited by scavenger

Olig7475

HI Scavenager, welcome to the forum. I've bought a number of 7750 movement watches over the years and I'm yet to service any of um and they all keep great time. I wouldn't worry too much about getting it serviced, just get it on your wrist and enjoy.

dalboy

Scavenger,

There are a few criteria that determine when you service your watch..As Luth has said it's new so really no need , also how often will you wear it.eg, will it be a daily wear..there are no hard and fast rules although, if it is to be worn an a daily basis, and you want to keep in working at it's optimum maybe every 18 months..you will notice the difference after the service , the rotor will not be so noisey and the hand sweep should be smoother..some people never ever bother depends on how pedantic you are. i say why bother just enjot it for what it is.

Besides chances are now your here your collection will grow to the point you may wear a different watch every week..most people only service very high end reps....in most cases when mods have been carried out and the watch case is already open , then it makes perfect sence..JMO..

Dal.........

baxter

+ 1 to all that has been said i have a few 7750's and they all run great ( some are more noisy than others )

BTW IMO you have the best moving titty avatar !! :thumbsup:

YoungGPS

animierte-gifs-image_welcome_spinning.gif

Enjoy the adventure!

10:10 Watch Repair

Hello All,

A big thank you to everyone who participates in this forum. I'm new to the rep scene and have found this forum (and all who have been so generous in their time for sharing reviews, advice and opinions) to be an invaluable resource.

I've pulled the trigger in ordering my very first rep and the ubiquitous advice here to to have the A7750 movement serviced. I live in Oz and would like to ask if someone would kindly suggest who/where I might go to to have this service done.

Thanks in advance.

Although there is no consensus here, some things to consider:

The A7750 movement (3LZF1) from the Shanghai Watch Factory comes factory serviced during assembly.

That movement is then partially disassembled for engraving, swapping of bridges, etc. to make it a rep movement.

The person who does that partial disassembly and reassembly is frequently a qualified watchsmith, and sometimes not. Even the qualified assembler may work hastily and their work suffers as a result. The quality of rep assembly seems to be getting much better over the years though.

My guess would be 10-20% of the rep movements are shipped with problems that will soon surface. Commonly it's a loose screw that eventually falls out and stops the movement. Sometimes it's debris, and often something is bent. Almost always there are fingerprints.

Besides winding a watch and placing it on a timegrapher for a picture, dealers seem to do little to no QC.

scavenger

Gotcha! Thanks for all the awesome replies. Enjoy it I shall!

baxter465

Hi guys I also have the same question too about A7750 movement.

I bought the Pam 243L V2 noob factory 3 weeks ago and its been fantastic - I have a habbit of setting my watches 5 - 7 minutes faster so I'm never late, but today I looked at the watch and it was 3 minutes closer to actual time

Does that mean the watch needs servicing because I lose too many seconds each day? The Pam 243 is suppose to be a super rep!