Sign in to follow this  
pinkywinky

Aloha!

pinkywinky

I've been lurking around for the past few days and have enjoyed reading the discussions on here. Very informative and entertaining at the same time. This is my intro to the watch world so I don't have too much experience with reps or gens. I currently own a gen gold Michele Mini Urban with diamonds but that's as far as my watch collection goes. I'd eventually like to own a Rolex Datejust and a Cartier Tank Francaise. I'll probably start off with something small for my 1st rep purchase, like a Dior VIII or Chanel J12, just to test the quality of the sellers.

Looking forward to meeting all of you and enjoying my first of many reps. ^_^

Btw, newb question here: Is there a comparison page of the TDs with their quality and price? I see a bit of a price difference between MRep and WI for the Chanel J12 and I'm wondering if that difference transfers over to quality as well.

Mahalo!

onionbag

Hello and welcome. :)

Edit: If you're from Hawaii, we have a long-standing member from there, Balad. He's on holiday ATM, but you'll meet him soon enough. :D

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ Dobry, Dobrodošao, Vítejte, Bonvenon, Tervetuloa, Accueil, Fogadtatás, Velkomin, Selamat Datang, Powitanie, Bem-vindo, Välkommen and Welcome.

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you ever found this site.................

Or get your wallet / purse! ready for a serious spending spree!!!!!!

Edited by scorpion

Cyril_Clunge

Hello :wave: and welcome to RWG :)

There is often a bit of difference in price between dealers but if its a significant amount it's usually because of different movements etc. It's definitely a good idea to read and do your homework before you start buying. Be aware that WI's website isn't always indicative of the prices that forum members pay.

Electron17

Welcome to RWG from South Africa, enjoy you stay. Ask lots of questions and learn as much as you can. :q5:

B5GLX

Welcome to the site! It was not that long ago that I was looking for my first rep. I've learned a lot from this forum--and still continue to learn!

Have fun in your journey into the Rep World :).

conx

I proposed to my wife in Hawaii, but I won't hold that against you :)

Welcome anyway

pinkywinky

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've been looking at the reviews of the watches from these sellers and it's helped a lot. I'll probably end up buying a non-bling Chanel J12 but would much prefer the Dior VIII. I'll have to do more research for the Dior VIII since it's not a popular rep. Either way, this forum is a wealth of knowledge. I'm so glad I stumbled upon it before buying from some sketchy online store. Much Mahalos!

pinkywinky

I proposed to my wife in Hawaii, but I won't hold that against you :)

Welcome anyway

Thank god! ;)

hnic

welcome

read

learn

buy

enjoy

pinkywinky

Hello :wave: and welcome to RWG :)

There is often a bit of difference in price between dealers but if its a significant amount it's usually because of different movements etc. It's definitely a good idea to read and do your homework before you start buying. Be aware that WI's website isn't always indicative of the prices that forum members pay.

It's a good thing I have a decent paying job. Not sure if my husband will be happy that I've found this forum though. :)

scorpion

Got my wife a J21 and she loves it. Cant get it off her wrist for a photo! The pic below is from Reg (Narika) who sold it to me

CHANEL11308a (Medium).jpg

jeffw69

Got my wife a J21 and she loves it. Cant get it off her wrist for a photo! The pic below is from Reg (Narika) who sold it to me

CHANEL11308a%20(Medium).jpg

Daaaaamn!!!!

30003_o.gif

Cyril_Clunge

Here's a pic of Mrs Clunge's pair

7102394543_4d7ef37e55_c.jpg

chanel1 by ARFUR FFOULKES-AYCKE, on Flickr

conx

You are a lucky man Cyril

pinkywinky

Sweet! I think I am going to go with the white w/ the diamond dial. Getting excited by all the pics that you guys are posting :)

myaz

Welcome. The white Chanel with diamond hour markers (or without) is very popular. Does come in at least 2 sizes: 33 and 38mm.

Usually comes as a quartz (no worries about winding it) but have seen it with an automatic mechanical 2824-2 which would make it more expensive.

They have a good weight, and look reasonably close to the gen. Adjusting the links is not easy.

There's content on these here as well as how to remove links (written by Luthier) if you'll search the database

My wife's J-12

IMG_2817.jpg

how the links look

DSCF7290.jpg

fatarms

Here's a pic of Mrs Clunge's pair

Wasn't what I expected :P

YoungGPS

animierte-gifs-image_welcome_spinning.gif

Enjoy the adventure!

Jza

Howzit from one local to another!!!!