Sign in to follow this  
Del

SOSFv2 on gen calf strap!

Del

I bought a gen Breitling calf leather strap and gen buckle for my new black Seawolf but I'm currently enjoying the Seawolf on the Ocean Racer rubber strap so my black SOSFv2 just got lucky! ;)

Some pics - hope you enjoy! :thumbsup2:

8024695112_228ea95554_b.jpg

P9250600v2 by Bjorn Dajoak, on Flickr

8024696599_61dee66b09_b.jpg

P9250609v2 by Bjorn Dajoak, on Flickr

8024694426_d83798db9a_b.jpg

P9250610v2 by Bjorn Dajoak, on Flickr

8024695747_0376f33734_b.jpg

P9250614v2 by Bjorn Dajoak, on Flickr

g.man

Very nice indeed Del. That strap must have cost a pretty penny.

enjoy in good health

g.man

964boy

Another very nice combo.

Kal-el

Stunning! Just waw

Corv99

love that strap!

was it new Del, or from M2M's

looks brand new

UmpaHimself

Sets it off Del. We all want to know what it costs.

Del

Thanks guys!

Yes, the strap and buckle are brand new - I bought them on eBay from a seller in the good ole US of A. It wasn't a cheap purchase at around £200 delivered and, in hindsight, I could have picked up a used one for about half the price as I've seen a couple for sale in the UK since then (although you could go long enough before a suitable one would come up). The sting in the tail though was that it got caught by UK Customs and so I had to pay £70 in charges (Import Duty, VAT and Parcel Force Admin fee) to get it - so basically I got fucked sideways. :rolleyes:

Ah well, you live and learn! No more gen purchases of straps, buckles or otherwise from across the pond. I'm just pleased I actually like the strap and buckle after all that! :D

jacobarch
explodinghead-1.gif

Corv99

Thanks guys!

Yes, the strap and buckle are brand new - I bought them on eBay from a seller in the good ole US of A. It wasn't a cheap purchase at around £200 delivered and, in hindsight, I could have picked up a used one for about half the price as I've seen a couple for sale in the UK since then (although you could go long enough before a suitable one would come up). The sting in the tail though was that it got caught by UK Customs and so I had to pay £70 in charges (Import Duty, VAT and Parcel Force Admin fee) to get it - so basically I got fucked sideways. :rolleyes:

Ah well, you live and learn! No more gen purchases of straps, buckles or otherwise from across the pond. I'm just pleased I actually like the strap and buckle after all that! :D

aaaaaawwwwwwwwwww customs!!! shit man

it is nice though... I have been eyeing some for my SA.... or maybe the Gen Rubber... but they are a bit pricy.

is it really noticable in terms of quality? actually iwth Buckle as well thats OK?

Del

aaaaaawwwwwwwwwww customs!!! shit man

it is nice though... I have been eyeing some for my SA.... or maybe the Gen Rubber... but they are a bit pricy.

is it really noticable in terms of quality? actually iwth Buckle as well thats OK?

Yes, the quality is very noticeable - miles better than the rep Brietling "leather" straps I've had in the past. It is thick and well padded - needs a little bit of breaking in because of that but it looks the dogs! And the buckle is a nice solid chuck of polished steel too, with the raised Breitling logo.

I was also thinking about a gen rubber but, to be honest, there is not as big a difference to the rep rubber - it's the buckle or deployant that will make the difference. I've been tracking some 22/20 gen rubber straps (Diver Pro I and II) on the Bay and they can range from £100 to £150 for a used one. You could be lucky though and pick one up for under £100 used - it'll just be your donald duck! :D

Corv99

must admit I have held off, as the leather is the one for me...

I wouldn't care but I have a got a buckle already for the rubber.. still always move it on I guess

Del
must admit I have held off, as the leather is the one for me...

Keep an eye on eBay - one will come up at some point. Just don't import a new one from the US! ;)

baxter

cost aside it looks gorgeous Del :thumbsup2:

Del

cost aside it looks gorgeous Del :thumbsup2:

Thanks mate - I'm actually really happy with it and have (almost) forgotten about the cost already...... :D

jeffw69

Del, you are such a genwhore! :lol:

Del

Del, you are such a genwhore! :lol:

Pot, kettle, black.

:lol:

dalboy

Look at it this way Del. yes customs screwed you, but look at the end result...Stunning .and you will never have to buy again.

Looks very nice mate..Enjoy it..

Dal.

Del

Yes Dal, I'll not make the same mistake again, and I'm really happy with it anyway - gives the watch that extra gen-like feel to it. :thumbsup2:

Cheers! :)

hnic

just seen this now

looks great

nice combination

congrats

P4GTR

Thanks guys!

ugh.. that stings. At least you have a gen strap to show for it when all is said and done. Without the clasp, the strap itself shouldn't really have been that expensive, no?

I have the original V1 Swissfish w/ gen Swiss nickle ETA. I love the watch, it's the oldest rep I have in my box now. That said, I wish I would've done the black dial. Are the gen dials direct drop in for these? I'm pretty sure they are. If so, do they come with the chapter ring? The V1's didn't have the 12/3/6/9 lume on those.

EDIT: To answer my own question, they do come with the chapter rings. Gen dials appear to run about $275.

boneyjr

dig it!

Del

ugh.. that stings. At least you have a gen strap to show for it when all is said and done. Without the clasp, the strap itself shouldn't really have been that expensive, no?

I'm not sure how much the strap is new on its own - I wanted the gen buckle too so was only looking at strap/buckle combos.

dig it!

Cheers! :beer2:

HWG

Congrats, Del. I bought the brown gen leather strap for my SOSF v2, with tang buckle, from the Breitling boutique in NYC, total was $190USD including free overnight shipping. Mine says hello:

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

d536d90e.jpg

Hazz

I am looking for a new dial for mine,one of the letters is in half :(

Del

Congrats, Del. I bought the brown gen leather strap for my SOSF v2, with tang buckle, from the Breitling boutique in NYC, total was $190USD including free overnight shipping. Mine says hello:

Superb mate! :clap:

I wish I had got you to buy me a strap and ship it over - it would have been so much cheaper. :thud: