Sign in to follow this  
okabum

6152/1 lug reshape

okabum

I´ve managed to reshape my 6152/1 lugs. DSN are very accurate, but sligthy long, gen lug is a bit fat, but not more than 0.3mm IMO, for this reason, after a bit of sanding and polishing here is results.

Now some pics, most noticeable is crownguard, but this can be easily solved in a few weeks, when I finally order my new crownguard to a cnc supplier here in Spain.

GEN vs HOM

6ac21db5.jpgP1010880.jpg

main-29.jpgb4ce15ac.jpg

main-30.jpg3e13e7e0.jpg

e480b5d4.jpg

BEFORE vs AFTER

as said before, it´s only noticeable in tip of lug, has been sanded almos 1,5mm

IMAGE_314.jpg68055606.jpg

of course, a new rachet wheel without engravings

e41d2c04.jpg

what do you think?

sconehead

I think it's excellent mate...I have two Molnijas, one is definitely getting modded to go in something like this...:lol:

Couple of questions, where did you get/how much was the case including cg, crystal etc and where did you get the plain rachet wheel, mine are both marked 'Molnija' plus I have a spare Cortebert wheel...

PatronSaintofChainsaws
I think it's excellent mate...I have two Molnijas, one is definitely getting modded to go in something like this...:lol:

Couple of questions, where did you get/how much was the case including cg, crystal etc and where did you get the plain rachet wheel, mine are both marked 'Molnija' plus I have a spare Cortebert wheel...

His movement is a Cortebert 616. For the Molnijas, you generally have to source unmarked ratchet wheels from late-1950s/early-1960s Molnijas.

If his is a DSN case, DSN sells it complete with plexi and case-back for $180.

sconehead

Thanks PSOC, I guessed it was a Cortebert by the balance assy markings but I believe the Cortebert wheels are a straight swap on the Molnijas (I'll confirm that by swapping one out..:facepalm: ) I presume it's a DSN dial are the hands Okabums own or DSN as well?

okabum

Hi.

movement is a cortebert 616, and ratchet wheel is also cortebert, not easy task find one unmarked.

hands are from my batch of cortebert hands.

Case is from DSN, as previous told by patronsaintofchains

sconehead

Thanks for the info, I am currently waiting for a set of DSN hands for a Molnija (off nightwatch) for £23.50 shipped, I was toying with trying his solder technique on a Molnija ratchet wheel...wish me luck...

okabum
Thanks for the info, I am currently waiting for a set of DSN hands for a Molnija (off nightwatch) for £23.50 shipped, I was toying with trying his solder technique on a Molnija ratchet wheel...wish me luck...

I´ve tried and solder always jumps off. Only way i managed is sanding, but it´s really hard this metal, I have done in one, using lathe, but finish is not really good.

sconehead

I´ve tried and solder always jumps off. Only way i managed is sanding, but it´s really hard this metal, I have done in one, using lathe, but finish is not really good.

Thanks again for the info, you've saved me wasting time...I'll search for a plain Molnija or Cortbert (rocking horse shit springs to mind regarding the Cortebert :facepalm: )

burrppp

i does show clearly that the gen lugs is shorten den the rep... wat we can do is to reshape to make it round so that it looks shorten... correct me if im wrong...

ebzen02

ATTN: Noob Question:)

Can someone build one of these for under $500?

sconehead

I think DSN can do a Molly powered version 6152/1 as he does other vintage Pams with this movement. Not sure of the price though, you can view his stuff here, http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff85/james123chen/ and here's his contact addy, [email protected]

...here are some pics,

DSCF6307.jpg

DSC_5403.jpg

edit: the movement shown isn't as well executed as that of some of the modders around though...;)

ebzen02
I think DSN can do a Molly powered version 6152/1 as he does other vintage Pams with this movement. Not sure of the price though, you can view his stuff here, http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff85/james123chen/ and here's his contact addy, [email protected]

...here are some pics,

DSCF6307.jpg

DSC_5403.jpg

edit: the movement shown isn't as well executed as that of some of the modders around though...;)

Great info!! Thank you Scone!

jamesriot

where can i get that mvmt for 6152/1?

10:10 Watch Repair

it's a molnija. ebay.

jamesriot

it's a molnija. ebay.

Great looking mvmt....same like real one, How much it will cost?

jamesriot

btw... is it fit in for 47mm case?

DeLaForce

Look on homageforum, there you will find many answers to all you're questions :) and probably pick up a Molnija in m2m sales for a good price.

jamesriot

Look on homageforum, there you will find many answers to all you're questions :) and probably pick up a Molnija in m2m sales for a good price.

Thanks Stur...I need to dig alot of time then, got $$ urgently to get best 6152/1 for my very own pam.

*please name best reps maker..pm me