Sign in to follow this  
007omegafan

Worthwhile to switch out bezel on Seamaster 300m Chrono?

007omegafan

So I got AND LOVE my 300m chrono. Nyoshi on this forum (who did the "small hands mod") has been nice enough to send me a batch of three of his modified small hands and I have a gen date wheel in the mail. But, before taking it to a jeweler and having those pieces put in, I figured I'd consider looking into the pearl and bezel.

A fellow forum member sent me this link suggesting that I also add this in while modding the chrono : http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEZEL-INSERT-OMEGA-SEAMASTER-CHRONO-DIVER-PART-/310304839230?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483f9c163e

Do you guys have any knowledge on how this is done, if it will turn out well, or if the bezel for sale on ebay would actually be better than mine? I've been told the bezel color on mine is a bit too vibrant and the pearl is also off (knew about the pearl but was not aware the bezel color was noticeably off).

So, is it worth it to replace the bezel? If so, how does the pearl integrate with the bezel? Would it come on the new bezel for sale on ebay or woudl I also have to order a pearl and have that added onto the new bezel?

8033364740_287cc4bf42_b.jpg

0810_12.JPG

blockislandguy

Seems like a no-brainer: for $20 you have an extra bezel . IMHO, you will want to snap in a new bezel after 4 years of daily use. You are going to wear this gem daily, right?

dator

Hi,

YMMV, I bought the PO bezel insert from those folks, and while it is good, it is NOT lumed.

Looks good in daylight, but zero lume.

007omegafan

Alright, just placed an order for it... no lume is lame but I suppose in the daylight the look of it is more important than the lume at night... hmmm

So the date wheel, small hands, and bezel mods... hopefully it will look like a million bucks :)

chenner29
Alright, just placed an order for it... no lume is lame but I suppose in the daylight the look of it is more important than the lume at night... hmmm

So the date wheel, small hands, and bezel mods... hopefully it will look like a million bucks :)

Or at least msrp!! ;)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2