Sign in to follow this  
SG085

First watch, new or used?

SG085

Just joined the club and learning my way around... Thinking of ordering my first watch (pam 111). Should I go with new or buy second hand/members sale?

DKaiser Söze

Welcome. Read as much as you can first and foremost. There is a bunch of info in the new members threads

diplosa

Good luck finding one from a member ;)

Welcome!

Bob Reed

Hello and welcome. I am new here as well. Bought my first rep in 11 years and I bought a used one from a member. VERY happy with it. Great rep and I did not have to wait as long for it. Working on my second order now...... Do as the others say, use this site a LOT! Read and read some more. There is information here you can get no where else in this hobby!

chenner29

Read everything! Then read it again.

I made a few 'less than optimal' purchases that I regret now.

UmpaHimself

Good luck finding one from a member ;)

Welcome!

+1

It all depends. Is the version you want available new, do you have the cash and how bad you want it? There are some great options out there. Toro's beginner upgraded version is awesome, then you have the latest Noobs. I'm not sure if the Noob is considered a super rep but it is amazing nonetheless.

hnic

welcome

new imo

rickdangerous

Welcome aboard. New. Noob's PAM 111 V3. Enjoy!

WebWind

It all depends. Is the version you want available new, do you have the cash and how bad you want it? There are some great options out there. Toro's beginner upgraded version is awesome, then you have the latest Noobs. I'm not sure if the Noob is considered a super rep but it is amazing nonetheless.

+100

Toro's upgraded beginner or Noob's V3 are both great options. Depends only on how much would you like to pay for new watch and how close to gen you want your watch to be.

YoungGPS

animated_gif_3d_028.gif

and

animierte-gifs-image_welcome_spinning.gif

IMHO new!

dalboy

Firstly ..increase the size of your text..had to put my glasses on. :giggle: ..read the new members section..before you go any further..you'll get a bettter idea of how things work around here..

As for your question..well !! depends on what your looking for and how much you want to spend....There is a list of trusted dealers here you might want to look through them before you decide..

Welcome to the forum and enjoy..

Dal.....

Corv99

Welcome mate!

been said but read up, worth it to do this..

but 111 is a great choice, lots of people have them, and it's a good rep too!

In terms of whether new or 2nd hand... depends really... they do come up as people upgrade, or go for other watches and churn their stock! we all do it fairly regularly

Same risk from dealers and from other members.. these are reps remember... but keep a keen eye on M2M sales they do crop up

Good Luck

SG085

Thanks everyone. I think I will go new Noob's V3 for the first one.

Del

Hello and welcome! :thumbsup2: