Sign in to follow this  
WatchGuy>IT

AP ROO Diver V3 movement info

WatchGuy>IT

hi guys.

In 1-2 weeks i'm going to take out a Diver V3 from Toro's hands.

My qyestion.

Are the +100$ worth it taking the SW200 swiss movement?

I'd love to have a good watch that lasts long time.

Thanks to all.

Paolo

baruch

Thats a good question, was asking myself that also :)

Sorry that I couldnt be of a help more to you.

Gr,

B

ks653

My asian clone is as smooth as any swiss movements I have seen... besides, the gen uses a low beat movement so if yours is not as smooth, you might be closer to gen :-P...

From a reliability perspective, I would let the more senior members chime in...

gB.

Yes. Worth every penny and maybe at least 2x the upgrade cost.

:)

dalboy

Well both the Asian and the swiss have working regulators they are both 28.000bph..so some would say no..there's nothing wrong with the asian clone..but for the extra 100 bucks i'd say yes..go for it..

Dal...

Suncoast

Is the AP diver V3 available from Toro now or is it still out of stock?

Dendo

Have to say the Swiss movement is what you need for piece of mind. Worth the money especially if you want it '..to last a long time..'.

Set2374

I am not sure I agree with the others. I use my with A2836 clone as a beater and it has worked perfectly for over a year. I don't think there's a major quality difference between the ETA and clone. My clone even winds as smoothly as a gen ETA. I might spend an extra 50 for Swiss, but not an extra 100.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Flaguyinetown

Interesting topic for two reasons.

One, I'm looking for an ap roo v3 myself.

Secondly, I have a sw200 mvmnt in a Bulova accutron curaçao.

It's butter smooth!!!

But, I've been testing it. Mine gains like 35 seconds in 24 hr. wtf?

How much does it cost to get the regulator adjusted?

gB.

I am not sure I agree with the others. I use my with A2836 clone as a beater and it has worked perfectly for over a year. I don't think there's a major quality difference between the ETA and clone. My clone even winds as smoothly as a gen ETA. I might spend an extra 50 for Swiss, but not an extra 100.

I would agree with you partially, but add a big caveat. The issue with the clones is the quality standard is not consistent, and it 's hit or miss if you get a good one. I've had several duds with some sort of issue or another soon after receiving that wasn't worth spending the money to send back or service/fix since you would be at or more than the price of an ETA option. But I've also had good clone mov't watches right out of the box like my JLC NSD that hasn't missed in beat since it arrived almost 3 months ago. With every Swiss ETA watch I've gotten almost all of them have never had an issue out of the box and keep good time. It's always a good idea to have someone do a QC service on a new purchase, but seems more of a good idea when buying a clone vs. a gen Swiss ETA/SW. But then if you need to spend the money on every new clone watch you buy, you might as well just get the gen Swiss movement option. I tend to lean toward clone option reps if I'm not too sure if I will like the watch or not, whereas ones that I'm >90% sure I will like and want to keep for any length of time I opt for the Swiss ETA/SW version.

:)

razorblade

been asking myself the same question and i just placed an order with toro for one myself. i went for the sellita since im paying top dollar already. i heard horror stories about eta reps, and i have an eta rep myself and have no issues yet. but then there are no bad reviews on sellitas, at least not on the sw200-1. go for the swiss!

Edited by derrickleow

Luthier

Difference between clone and ETA is $100?????

Is it a joke???

WatchGuy>IT

Difference between clone and ETA is $100?????

Is it a joke???

On the ROO V3 Toro charge +100$ for the SW200 instead of the clone.

Is that too much?

sconehead

I'm a great fan of the ST clones...my V2 SOH's are powered by them, they are accurate, reliable to date and silky smooth...nice pearlage too...so much so in fact, that I'm on the lookout for an Asian clone version AP Diver rather than a Sellita...

Luthier

ST clones? Do you mean Sellita clones or Seagull ST mov'ts?

sconehead

ST clones? Do you mean Sellita clones or Seagull ST mov'ts?

Seagull...