Sign in to follow this  
John1954

?? How do you take off the bezel insert on a Submariner??

John1954

I have a TT black and gold ceramic submariner that I bought from Mary (Marvellous Replicas) a few months ago. I knocked the watch and the pearl came off and the insert was chipped. I have ordered another one off ebay and I tried to take the old one off with a tiny screwdriver but no luck. Any hints on how to get the insert off the bezel?? Also, I hope the one I ordered will fit...it is suppose to fit the sub model that I have ...but mine IS a replica.

Any suggestions as who might be able to do this for me as well as polish the watch up? I don't mind sending it out to someone who polishes watches and who can replace the insert for me. I will send the insert that I ordered along with the watch...or is this something I could do?? I am not that experienced with working on watches...but I should break my cherry sometime :thumbsup: .

Edited by John1954

crossbones

Watch this for help:

tbuttery

Just actually did this man! I heated it up a little with a hairdryer to loosen the glue. Then I took the smallest flat head screwdriver I have and wedged it between the crystal and the bezel. I just worked it out from there. Heat it up every once and awhile. I have a ceramic bezel on mine so I had to be very careful.

Trevor B

gt rider

I tried so hard to get my bezel off to replace the pearl but I just couldn't get it off. I tried with knives, razor blades and screwdrivers but I just can't pop it off. Any ideas?

Luthier

Search, I wrote a thread about how to do it.