Sign in to follow this  
Melikey

6497 H3 Hour Wheel

Melikey

I need an hour wheel for my Asian 6497 movement. There is someone selling some on ebay but he says they wont fit Asian movements. Only ETA. I thought they were interchangeable. Can someone confirm?

Member X

You can buy parts off Ofrei in the US or CousinsUK in the UK, or the RWG shop ships everywhere for very decent prices ;)

The hour/minute/seconds wheels should fit fine on an Asian ETA, it is just the bigger parts like the bridges that are not 100% identical, as I understand it.

Melikey

Thanks. That's what I thought. I found it odd that they claim (in all caps) in their ebay ad that they wont fit Asian 6497. I think they are selling gen ETA parts.

Member X

Gen ETA hour wheel should fit Asian ETA, they might just be being snobby lol.

Don't quote me on that, though... :Whistle::lol:

I did a high cannon pinion transplant on an Asian ETA using parts from CousinsUK so I know that does at least work!

Melikey

I emailed the seller. He said it won't work on a ST36.

Member X

Well, in that case, I reference my earlier post:

You can buy parts off Ofrei in the US or CousinsUK in the UK, or the RWG shop ships everywhere for very decent prices ;)

and advise contacting either Wiz or 10:10 on here to make a cheeky enquiry as to their experience on the matter! :)

guami007

I emailed the seller. He said it won't work on a ST36.

Bull doodoo. This part in particular interchanges (most do). I have done it both ways. Most recently, I did cp from ST36 to swiss eta as swiss eta cp had not arrived and I couldn't wait to put watch back together with new swiss heartbeat. .

DSCN0195_zps0e26d6fa.jpg

DSCN0196_zpsd38f3409.jpg