Sign in to follow this  
KinCaidk

3D printer - useful?

KinCaidk

I just read this article with great interest.

http://www.gizmag.com/dimension-uprint-3d-...-desktop/13743/

I know quite a few people who would put this printer to excellent use - arcitects and deisgners in particular.

Think about when they start making a 3d printer that can print metal.... 1:1 reps, here we come!!!

onzenuub

I know quite a few people who would put this printer to excellent use - arcitects and deisgners in particular.

Think about when they start making a 3d printer that can print metal.... 1:1 reps, here we come!!!

And what about printing 3-d boobies?????

dingle

hmmmm maybe. But ever since the age of "PDF" we have use this to send our plans via e-mail. Cheaper and faster all the way around. This could be used for those with mega-million dollar houses they are wanting to build, but not for the standard 1800 sq ft house we build.

KinCaidk
hmmmm maybe. But ever since the age of "PDF" we have use this to send our plans via e-mail. Cheaper and faster all the way around. This could be used for those with mega-million dollar houses they are wanting to build, but not for the standard 1800 sq ft house we build.

I agree that PDF is easier to mail, but the WAUW-factor in this printer is unbeatable.

I guarantee that if an architect bought one of these puppies and brought it to Denmark as the first guy, he would get much more than 15000 USD worth of free advertisement.

greg_r

Man, I wished we had these when I was in manufacturing - perfect for rapid prototyping. I can see a lot of uses for this kind of tool..

dingle

I agree that PDF is easier to mail, but the WAUW-factor in this printer is unbeatable.

the type of customer we build for get the WAUW-factor from the smell of new carpet.

KinCaidk

the type of customer we build for get the WAUW-factor from the smell of new carpet.

I rest my case :lol:

KinCaidk

Man, I wished we had these when I was in manufacturing - perfect for rapid prototyping. I can see a lot of uses for this kind of tool..

I see a lot of use for it too..

Maybe it can print spares for your A8 too :lol:

dingle

Maybe it can print spares for your A8 too :rofl:

miracle machine it must be......:lol:

trailboss99

Been around for a few years now. I first played with one here in Brisbane six or seven years ago. They are a prototypers dream and also a boon to the medical fraternity. They can turn a catscan of a tumor or injury into a 3d model and study the best way to fix it before even makingh the first cut.

Me? I just made one of those wire frame ball inside a wire frame ball inside a wire frame ball demos and a complete ballrace bearing, amazing stuff.

If I ever get a cat scan done I'm having my skull reped, make a great hat stand :lol:

Col.

JoeyB
And what about printing 3-d boobies?????

That seems to me to be the best use of it. I mean, what good is all that medical help if you can't play with boobies? Priorities, men, priorities... :lol:

greg_r

Maybe it can print spares for your A8 too ;)

I wish - would almost be worth the 15k if it could :lol: :yoda:

:lol: