Sign in to follow this  
Recce Driver

PAM 188-H

Recce Driver

Hi,

I am new to this hobby/passion and am very interested in a PAM 188-H from toro bravo.

http://www.torobravos.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=35_62&product_id=576

After reading through a lot of helpful posts on this forum I think that paying more in this case should get me a better quality rep. Does anyone know of anything I should be wary of with this particular model?

Thanks

Leigh

Dont know about the model, but can vouch for Toro 100%

Welcome to the mad house BTW

Corv99

Hi Mate

nice first choice, not massively familiar with this model, or flaws... its got 7753, which means the date isn't as sunken as a 7750..

a guy on here called ALE has done a review on anohter forum.... paste below.. hope it helps

sure somebody on here will have one and be along soon!!

The PAM 188 is the plain White dial version of the first generation of Luminor Chrono 44mm.

This first generation of gen Panerai Luminor Chrono 44mm is a full-sized version of the "traditional" 40mm chronographs, it conserves the square type chrono pushers, but it uses a completely different movement, the Valjoux-based OP XII

It features a date @4, constant seconds @9, the usual chrono centre seconds had, date adjustment @10 and minute and hour totalizers.

There are three first models from 2003 and 2004, they all with the same structure of brushed SS case, polished SS bezel with tachymeter and complex dial with nine numerals. The difference between these models is only the colour of the dial and the Daylight inscription: PAM 162 Black with silvered sub-dials “Panda”type, PAM 196 plain Black Daylight and PAM 188 plain White Daylight dial.

There is also a 2005 Special Edition, PAM 224, all polished SS and nice Firenze Blue dial.

The PAM 162 was the first 44mm chronograph, released in 2003, but was relatively short-lived, only lasting a year, being supplanted in 2004 by the Daylights White dial PAM 188 and Black dial PAM 196 chronographs instead.

The PAM 162 is strangely the only Panerai Chrono 44mm with “Panda” type sub-dial configuration. The two following Daylight were originally promoted as having "Panda" type dials like the Newman Daytona, however just before shipping this decision was vetoed, and they ended up as plain black or plain white. Perhaps the “Panda” configuration is being saved for a future special edition?

The replicas H-series of PAM 188 fitted by A7753 have working date adjustment @10 and are First Class reps.

dalboy

Way to go Corv..

Dal...........

Del

I actually bought this exact model from Toro - this was the one that spent a month in UK Customs in August this year! Anyway, when it arrived I decided it wasn't actually for me, despite the fact that it was gorgeous! I think the whole UK Customs thing soured the whole experience for me so I sold it on to Midasmook, who I believe is very happy with it.

It's a very good rep so if you like this particular model then I see no reason for you to delay ordering. ;)

Recce Driver

Thanks for the replies. I will take the plunge and post pics when it arrives.

HeavyKrush

Great choice in dealers. Post pics of the watch when it arrives please.

James.

Agree with HK, Great dealer, and great watch. Not my cup of tea but I do see the allure.

YoungGPS

animated_gif_3d_028.gif

and

animierte-gifs-image_welcome_spinning.gif

midasmook

Great watch, I'll be surprised if you don't love it.