And here is the relume, by yours truly:

IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

Enjoy!

P_Diddy

What's the difference btwn this Eurotimez V5 and the Ultimate DSSD that Mary is selling?

DSSD Ultimate

gioarmani

Different crystal & bezel insert. The newest V5 from Euro has exact gen-like pearl & dial hour-markers (which none of the rest do) but on some the six o'clock marker is slightly askew.

dingle

gio---will you ever sell any of your rolex's?

gioarmani

On occasion I have--had a HUGE fire-sale in 08 when the divorce was finalizing. Right now, the only two Rollies I have are this V5 and my Daytona. ;)

Luthier

Great watch, and great lume job!!!

I just don't understand this obsession with gen. boxes, price tags, madallions, booklets...

It's a replica anyway.

Well... maybe I'm wrong...? Any opinions?

;)

gioarmani

They're just props for the shoot. Presentation is 9/10th of the meal. :)

mbjoer
Different crystal & bezel insert. The newest V5 from Euro has exact gen-like pearl & dial hour-markers (which none of the rest do) but on some the six o'clock marker is slightly askew.

Does the different crystal make a significant difference to reflections?

I have a V3 which I ended up having AR treated. Before it was really catching all the surrounding light, and now it looks and feels like the quality watch it is, even if this treatment is suppose to be incorrect.

gioarmani

Long story short, to answer your question: If you get a V5, I'd swap the crystal with one from a V3 (preferably with no AR).

It's not the reflectivity that causes some of the crystals to look distorted, it's the refractivity. The V3, V4, and gen crystals are flat on the bottom side and domed on top. The V5 was domed on both the bottom and top, thus causing an abnormal amount of distortion. They did this to make the rehaut appear more shallow, as the V3's rehaut is simply too deep. Your AR will only exemplify this flaw. Changing the shape of the crystal, in order to change the look of the rehaut is a lot cheaper for the factories, as opposed to completely recalibrating the machines to build different cases.

thisismynick

Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread, and excuse me if this is a dumb question - but is there a DSSD like that from ET anymore? It looks pretty stunning IMHO, even with all the other actual V6 / V7 / V-whatevah versions floating around the other TDs...: pearl, bezel insert triangle, HEV slightly offcentered, case seems a bit thicker/higher = more like gen, too.

Thanks & cheers

EDIT: Dumb me managed to research the ET bit only after I posted here ... sorry about that. Nevertheless, I've yet to see a DSSD like the one in the pics of this thread. I know the BK DSSD (nice) but it's still got the flaws with pearl/triangle and especially the lacking case thickness & HEV-being-not-offcentered :-(

Edited by thisismynick

greg_r
Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread, and excuse me if this is a dumb question - but is there a Eurotimez anymore? Do they still sell this DSSD? It looks pretty stunning IMHO, even with all the other actual V6 / V7 / V-whatevah versions floating around the other TDs...

Thanks & cheers

Eurotimez are gone - and, frankly, good riddance. They left a lot of unhappy customers behind (they were never a trusted dealer here).

The best out of the box DSSDs are available from Robert (PrestigeWatchCo) and Mary (WatchInternational) (others too - but they're the folks I'd recommend you try first). Both are as good or better than the one you see here.

Additionally BK does an upgraded one (he replaces the datewheel with a slightly more accurate version) for a little extra.

Those are the state of the art at present.

d1isthe1

Well bro considering it is V5.. the engraving on the compression ring is good but is right on the edge of the ring, rehaut looks aligned, engraving on the clasp is better,the bezel does not have a proper '10', though it has the triangle @ 12 on the bezel, crystal looks good..the HE valve is lil bigger than the gen and not flush, date font is way off the center which you can get fixed.. how much did you spend on it?

thisismynick
Well bro considering it is V5.. the engraving on the compression ring is good but is right on the edge of the ring, rehaut looks aligned, engraving on the clasp is better,the bezel does not have a proper '10', though it has the triangle @ 12 on the bezel, crystal looks good..the HE valve is lil bigger than the gen and not flush, date font is way off the center which you can get fixed.. how much did you spend on it?

Umm...beg to differ:

1) I didn't buy it, but the TO 1,5 yrs ago

2) Nothing wrong with the ring and neither with the "10" AFAIC?!

3) HEV may appear bigger, sure isn't as near to gen than others, BUT...

4) ...the case height is nearer to gen (your standard let's say noob rep case is 0.5 mm slimmer than gen) and...

5) ...the HEV sits slightly out of center, as per gen

DWO would be no biggie in my book.

IMHO the nearer-to-gen case is a deal maker! It always bugs me back and forth to Kingdom Come when I look on my DSSD and realize that the gen is a fatter beast with more presence on the wrist, which is primarily due to the bloody small but noticable difference in case height.

d1isthe1

Umm...beg to differ:

1) I didn't buy it, but the TO 1,5 yrs ago

2) Nothing wrong with the ring and neither with the "10" AFAIC?!

3) HEV may appear bigger, sure isn't as near to gen than others, BUT...

4) ...the case height is nearer to gen (your standard let's say noob rep case is 0.5 mm slimmer than gen) and...

5) ...the HEV sits slightly out of center, as per gen

DWO would be no biggie in my book.

IMHO the nearer-to-gen case is a deal maker! It always bugs me back and forth to Kingdom Come when I look on my DSSD and realize that the gen is a fatter beast with more presence on the wrist, which is primarily due to the bloody small but noticable difference in case height.

Well there is a difference in the '10' coz the correct '10' is bold n stuffed between the two markers and there is hardly any space, the '10' here is a lil towards the right and not in the center, what my point here is that once an upgrade comes in the market the factories making them never care that the so called upgrade is not even cosmetically as per the gen coz they want to sell it to you again and again. I accept the fact that these are replicas and it is just by luck that you come across some exceptional ones.

Edited by d1isthe1

thisismynick
(...)what my point here is that once an upgrade comes in the market the factories making them never care that the so called upgrade is not even cosmetically as per the gen coz they want to sell it to you again and again. I accept the fact that these are replicas and it is just by luck that you come across some exceptional ones.

+1, on both points!

But for the love of gawd: With the bloody DSSD I have a hard time accepting what are "major flaws" in my eyes with this particular watch (pearl, triangle, case height, HEV...).

Guess I'll end up going for a gen...maybe...sometime...when I've won the lottery etc... xD

Akira

V5, V6 ..... V(ugly) watch ;)

:thumbsup2:

MJC
Long story short, to answer your question: If you get a V5, I'd swap the crystal with one from a V3 (preferably with no AR).

It's not the reflectivity that causes some of the crystals to look distorted, it's the refractivity. The V3, V4, and gen crystals are flat on the bottom side and domed on top. The V5 was domed on both the bottom and top, thus causing an abnormal amount of distortion. They did this to make the rehaut appear more shallow, as the V3's rehaut is simply too deep. Your AR will only exemplify this flaw. Changing the shape of the crystal, in order to change the look of the rehaut is a lot cheaper for the factories, as opposed to completely recalibrating the machines to build different cases.

WOW interesting info, what i've been wondering..

Off the bat I must say, that DSSD looks SICK! Even for it being an older model, it looks thicker, more robust than the newer ones IMO!

I just got BK's, I noticed the crystal has a ton of distortion/blur to it, it's hard to even see the engraved rolex rehaut unless it's under perfect bright light on an angle... Weird

This bracelet looks so much better than the newer ones too :/

DeepseaMan
IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

Gen box-set from seller on watchnet.com's trading post, named "dream-watch"

Hi. Is this a better version than bk s dssd ?

If so I need it :D

Gen books & accessories from qualitytyme.net

Gen bezel protector from eBay

IMG_1335.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

And here is the relume, by yours truly:

IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

Enjoy!

DeepseaMan

Is this version better than bk s ? And if so how much ate these please

:D

DarkGlass

DSM, as Greg says it's not availiable as the dealer is no more. Robert and Watchint have the best versions take yr time to look at the trusted dealers section and read lots !

Churz

seoulbrova

DSM, as Greg says it's not availiable as the dealer is no more. Robert and Watchint have the best versions take yr time to look at the trusted dealers section and read lots !

Churz

How long does the lume last on this out the box if purchased from Robert or Mary? Does it need the relume?

Miracle

I like it. The bezel looks nice more like gen