Sign in to follow this  
seiyafan

a beginner question on power reserve

seiyafan

Hi all, I am new to replica watches and I have a question on power reserve. Suppose a replica watch such as IWC that has a working power reserve and it uses asian movement J21. Will the power reserve dial go up to 7 or will it only max out at whatever the movement can do (I think asian movement is about 36 hours, so that's between 1 and 2)? Thanks.

greg_r
Hi all, I am new to replica watches and I have a question on power reserve. Suppose a replica watch such as IWC that has a working power reserve and it uses asian movement J21. Will the power reserve dial go up to 7 or will it only max out at whatever the movement can do (I think asian movement is about 36 hours, so that's between 1 and 2)? Thanks.

The PR meter will go all the way over to the end, but you'll obviously still only get the usual 30 - 48 hours running time - it varies dependent on the movement (21J is a generic term - it could be any one of several movements) and the amount of complications involved. For what it's worth I get about 40 hours from my PAM 233 (the gen is an 8 days GMT watch).

fakemaster

Accurate or not it is still is a pretty useful readout to have.

seiyafan

Thanks! Another question is if I get a watch with a see-through tourbillon, will I be able to see it move?

greg_r
Thanks! Another question is if I get a watch with a see-through tourbillon, will I be able to see it move?

Yes, assuming that it's a real tourbillon. Beware, however, most 'tourbillon' reps are nothing of the sort and just have an exposed balance wheel. Basically, they suck. :lol:

A true tourby is going to cost you $600 and up (and isn't going to bear much resemblance to the gen watch, by the way, as it'll be based around one of the Chinese tourbillon movements. If you want a tourby, best to buy a sterile, unbranded model).

seiyafan

Yes, assuming that it's a real tourbillon. Beware, however, most 'tourbillon' reps are nothing of the sort and just have an exposed balance wheel. Basically, they suck. :lol:

A true tourby is going to cost you $600 and up (and isn't going to bear much resemblance to the gen watch, by the way, as it'll be based around one of the Chinese tourbillon movements. If you want a tourby, best to buy a sterile, unbranded model).

I see, so basically a tourbillon on a $120 watch is nothing but a decorative item. But nonetheless it does make the watch better looking, I think. =)

prestigewatchco

There is a Glassute that defies the price at around $120 . It has GMT/Power reserve indicator and the best moving carousel/turbillion you will ever see under $500

Here it is comes in rose gold as well

ResizeWizard-10.jpg

Silverspeed

Those Glashuttes are classy...great looking tourbillion

greg_r

+1 - yup, that Glashutte is the exception that proves the rule. ALL other faux tourbys just scream 'Canal St junk', but that's a very classy watch indeed. Why haven't I bought one? B)

seiyafan

That's one cool looking watch!

As far as the front glass goes, is "sapphire crystal" less likely to get scratched than "mineral glass"?

dingle
That's one cool looking watch!

As far as the front glass goes, is "sapphire crystal" less likely to get scratched than "mineral glass"?

Yes.....but it can still get scratches. Trailboss has a scratch remover kit in the toolbox section here. It works great. :lol:

Member X

If you've got a layer of Anti-Reflective on the glass externally then that will also get damaged if you scratch it :lol:

Basically you soon learn to keep your arm close to your side when passing dangerous things! lol

That Glasshute is a fantasy model iirc(?) but is still stunning, especially for the price :) I've seen an unbranded version go for about double on ebay!

greg_r
If you've got a layer of Anti-Reflective on the glass externally then that will also get damaged if you scratch it :lol:

Only if you have double AR. Single AR is on the inside of the crystal...